No announcement yet.

Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if the Cylons were going to be AI capable, or at least the "leadership" was going to be AI then using human actors was far better in attributing human characteristics. You couldn't have different Cylon personalities in the same metallic bodies. You wouldn't know who was who. And you lose facial expressions. Plus you lose the empathy you get for human looking robots.
    I actually disagree with your there, CGI have gotten to the stage now when you can do metal cylons with different personalities, and Wall - E did it perfectly and in the cinema where I sure it, I wasn't the only one who felt empathy for Wall-E or his girlfriend. Even I robot did it.

There was even a few glimpses of metal cylons displaying personality towards the end of season 4, after the chip limiter was remove. Shame we only sure them in a couple of scenes after that, which I think was clearly because of budget limitations,.

In Blood and Chrome I felt empathy when watch the cylon scream out on the floor after being shot repeatedly.

I think it was either a lack of imagination that prevent them from using metal cylons and choosing to use of humans cylons instead or budget, I would rather believe it was the budget than the lack of imagination from the writers.
    Last edited by knowles2; 02 December 2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

OP:

Remember that this is a show from 2004-ish. You know, the "CGI is expensive" era?

Second: I never watched the first series, so any complaints about that are void.

As to Cylons: The humanforms were intended as the next "line", with extensive human behaviour. It's simply too hard to feel real, actual empathy for a toaster, especially since everyone constantly calls them that.

Lastly: you seem to dislike it for the very reasons i like it.

Comment

Working...
      X