Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewed!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-fox/131104/

I am definitely breathing a big sigh of relief.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

YAS! WOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry I just had to let that out

Comment

Celebrate indeed!
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Finally a good tv show that doesnt get cut off mid
          sigpic

Comment

there is a god! last weeks episode was frakking amazing. here's hoping they keep that quality up!

/too bad that god hated stargate fans lol

Comment

In my quest to find news that Sanctuary was renewed, I found this info somewhere else and headed straight to here to CHEER!
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

******* YES!!! *Does backflips*
                sigpic

Comment

Although I would have prefered a full season, I'm happy to see Fringe get it's fith and final season.

Comment

HELL TO THE YES! Fringe is now the only show to beat the odds on their death slot!! Seriously what terrific news to wake up to, a huge thank to FOX (for a change) and the WB for giving us a 5th and final Season to go out on, thanks to the writers, producers and cast for really delivering something special the past two Seasons.

Comment

No, I will continue to call them as I see them – and just like Dollhouse, Fringe should not have been renewed. Now of course Fox and WB think differently, and maybe they have the numbers to prove it. But I think Fox will be just as disappointed with Fringe’s performance next season as it was with Dollhouse.

Maybe they’ll break even on the money, maybe they won’t. But in any case, in my view they punted on getting MORE revenue by replacing Fringe with something else that virtually certainly would do better regardless of the licensing fee.

Worse, this sets a stupid precedent. Dollhouse couldn’t be syndicated, but with Fringe, now every low-rated show can claim that if it gets another 13 episodes, even if it already meets the “stripped”
                      syndication number of episodes, it can get a higher syndication fee. Well, if that’s true, then why not try to get Fringe yet ANOTHER season after the next one? If every additional episode means the studio gets more revenue, they can just keep on offering the show for a low fee.

It makes no sense to me that the networks buy into this, because of opportunity costs. But if you’re going to buy into it for one more season, why not for yet another season? The end result is more networks will let more low-rated shows hang around for another season so they can avoid the cost of developing new shows to replace them.

It’s a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Instead of getting new, potentially more interesting shows, we’ll be stuck with “end of life” shows for longer. Really, I can’t see Fringe doing anything significant in their next 13 episodes.

This season has been a near total loss and I don’t see any way forward that makes things better unless they jettison most of what they’ve done this past season (and indeed much of season three.)

Like TSCC in season two, Fringe lost its way in season three and season four just proved it. I can’t see a short season five improving that. But really my main complaint is that having given in on a season five, we’re going to have to hear the fanatical fans clamoring for a season SIX here all next year.

And since the argument for season five seems to apply equally to a season six, they will be even more impossible to reason with.

The fact is that the fans all this year were LOGICALLY WRONG! There was no LOGICAL reason to renew Fringe! The fact that it WAS renewed does not change that.

So, no, I’m not changing my attitude one whit.
                      Talk about hate rants LMAO!

Comment

They did say the short season 5 is the last one, the show will have a planned end, and there will be no more. So there will be no *****ing for a season 6 by the fans and FOX gets a show on Fridays for little money just to plug a hole while it gets something else going. Who knows maybe JJ Abrams has a new LOST in the works.

Comment

Excellent news!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good news !

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                            Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Yes! Happy happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X