Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Brave New World, Part 2 (422)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm very glad that the show was renewed.... I enjoyed the episode as a regular part of the series, but I think it would've been a pretty lame series finale.
    I'm the oppisite. I thought it could have been a fitting series ender had the cut out the final few seconds of the episode, I like that we finally got an answer as to why
    Spoiler:
    Walter asked Bell to cut part of his brian out
    and the answer to how September got shot when he visited Olivia during the first quarter of the Season.

Fringe division in the Blue/Amberverse now has a full science department! Walter's going to be overwelmed next Season

Good episode. They have done a good job at making this episode into a semi-series finale in case it was not renewed.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This episode would have worked for me as a series finale, if it had to. Luckily, it did not. They have time to tell more of this amazing story.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    This episode would have worked for me as a series finale, if it had to. Luckily, it did not. They have time to tell more of this amazing story.
    I really didn't get any closure from that episode at all. The main enemy was still at large and William Bell was MIA as well.

I was so thinking Olivia was going to forget about Peter (or revert to her "this timeline" self) since the drugs were now clean from her system.

I still want our Walter and our Astrid back. No more new timeline, I want the original back.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    Anyone else think if they had removed the last scene between Walter & September that it would of been a perfect series finale (as opposed to a season finale)?

I'm wondering if that would of been the edit they would of made if Fringe hadn't been renewed.
    Nope because then The Observers would win. Thanks to Episode 19. Had they never aired Episode 19 & had a different scene at the end. Then maybe

I thought it was a good season ender, setting up a load of stuff to deal with in the final 13 episodes.

Being Fringe, Peter and Olivia will get a happy never after ending. There will be some awful twist, the fact that everything was set up as so perfect means it will unravel in a really tragic way. I just can't help feeling this will happen.

Walter's idea of brain surgery was wonderfully quirky, casually poking things through her brain, although totally cringe inducing as I couldn't help watching in disbelief as to what he was doing, creating the exit wound because there wasn't one!!! *shudder*

I can never stop marveling as to how many bizarre ways Fringe can find to mutilate, injure, and kill a human being!

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Walter's idea of brain surgery was wonderfully quirky, casually poking things through her brain, although totally cringe inducing as I couldn't help watching in disbelief as to what he was doing, creating the exit wound because there wasn't one!!! *shudder*

I can never stop marveling as to how many bizarre ways Fringe can find to mutilate, injure, and kill a human being!
    That's the thing, he wasn't casual about it at all. He was tearing up and shaking. He had to stop himself right before shoving the metal stick in there. John Noble did a terrific, just amazing job at displaying the duality of keeping control while frighten of the potential loss.

I thought the removal of the bullet was actually kind of hilarious....when he was holding the thing up at the end of the metal pipe, I thought he'd finagled some kind of magnet to attach it to the end of the stick and pull it out. I cracked right up when, instead, he tapped it out like the tube was a pool cue
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    That's the thing, he wasn't casual about it at all. He was tearing up and shaking. He had to stop himself right before shoving the metal stick in there. John Noble did a terrific, just amazing job at displaying the duality of keeping control while frighten of the potential loss.
    I agree...he did an excellent job!

Captain

Both actors did an amazing job, especially with the role reversal bit (usually it is Peter keeping a cool head while Walter looses it, this time it was Peter falling apart with Walter taking charge).

I must admit I did laugh quiet hard when Walter smacked Peter, then hid behind my hands while he played pool in her head...

I liked it. although I liked bell in the previous seasons more. It actually did not suit him this reveresed role. But besides that I wouldnt mind that jones would have been the actual brain. Glad, that olive is not dead... Yet.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp!der View Post
    I liked it. although I liked bell in the previous seasons more. It actually did not suit him this reveresed role. But besides that I wouldnt mind that jones would have been the actual brain. Glad, that olive is not dead... Yet.
    Personally, I thought it was fun to see Bell as the bad guy in this reality.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Personally, I thought it was fun to see Bell as the bad guy in this reality.
    Yeah, but it's not our Bell and it's not our Walter or Astrid facing down with him. It just keeps the story going and I'm not sure if we will ever see those characters again nor how the final season will provide closure beyond who the Fringe team members hook up with and them starting families.

I want to see they become full circle and connect dots back to season one, but that's not possible with an ever changing reality.