No announcement yet.

"Sharpe" series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might consider getting a few novels as well. I'm gonna try to get more pleasure reading in during this summer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      How could I forget Hagman and his singing!!!! I really like the one that plays over the end credits all the time.
      I have the album...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        I have the album...
        Where did you find it?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Where did you find it?
          Good question - I've had it since the 90s!
          It's called "Over the Hills and Far Away".
          For now, I've found it at Amazon (UK) and also as an import at Amazon (US).

Comment

I actually started singing it to myself when I saw your post!!

Thanks, I'll have to look around on Amazon for it!!

Comment

Funnily enough I've seen John Tams, the gentleman who sings the folk ballads and the title song, live when he was doing a small tour. He's also the actor who plays Rifleman Hagman for those who may not know.

I can also recommend that if you end up enjoying Sharpe then another historical war drama which is highly enjoyable is 'Hornblower' starring Ioan Grufford. Same sort of idea as Sharpe but on the high seas.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Funnily enough I've seen John Tams, the gentleman who sings the folk ballads and the title song, live when he was doing a small tour. He's also the actor who plays Rifleman Hagman for those who may not know.

I can also recommend that if you end up enjoying Sharpe then another historical war drama which is highly enjoyable is 'Hornblower' starring Ioan Grufford. Same sort of idea as Sharpe but on the high seas.
                I've seen some of the Hornblower movies and liked them too.

Comment

I enjoy Hornblower a lot too, and was going to mention the series in my first post but had to go off and do something else and forgot about it. Ioan Gruffudd (anglicized as "Griffith") is really good in the title role. I definitely recommend them if you like Sharpe.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have been watching on youtube. Watched the Rifles and Eagle already, and I am watching Company now. They aren't horrible. If they were given even slightly larger budgets I think they would be great.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X