What happened to TJ's baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to TJ's baby

I was rewatching season two this weekend. What happened to TJ's baby. Was her experience in "Intervention" simply a hallucination? Was it an immersive simulation created by Destiny to help her deal with her loss? Are Cain and the other's still alive with TJ's baby? If so, what was the point of "Visitation"?

I'm really curious to see where the writers would have gone with this storyline. I don't think it was simply a stimulation, after all how would the ship be able to show the nebula we see at the end of the episode in real time before the ship reached the nebula? I'm really curious to see how the aliens from Eden and the "struture" imbedded in the background radiation fit together. I'm confident they would have.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

She died, it was proven that Destiny could get into someone's head (Trial and Error) and it created a fantasy for TJ to help ease her suffering when she found it that her child had died.

Comment

It was very sad for TJ to lose her child: and I agree that Destiny gave her the dream to help her heal, which is a comforting thought. Also, the seed ships plot Destiny's course, so Destiny may already have info about the Nebula.

Personally, I hope the little tike is in Destiny's memory and raising all kinds of hell for Aunties Ginn and Perry

Comment

Dean, Homer,

But, first, if TJ were in a simulation how was the simulation able to show the nebula in real time before Destiny got to that local? The Seed ships travel well in advance of Destiny they would have passed this location some time before and not been able to give Destiny the real time view of the Nebula. Second, why show TJ the Nebula at all? What purpose does that serve in the simulation?

Something else funky was going on here.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
          Dean, Homer,

But, first, if TJ were in a simulation how was the simulation able to show the nebula in real time before Destiny got to that local? The Seed ships travel well in advance of Destiny they would have passed this location some time before and not been able to give Destiny the real time view of the Nebula. Second, why show TJ the Nebula at all? What purpose does that serve in the simulation?

Something else funky was going on here.
          The nebula was supposed to be a sign that it wasnt a dream, to help convince her it was real. Also, who's to say that Destiny's long range sensors didnt already have all the information on the nebula that it needed?

Comment

I think the simulation idea was a red herring. Mallozzi kind of implied that the arc was not over, and TJ states it so definitively that it felt a bit like another twist was being set up.

Comment

KEK,

That was my thought too. She will also be dealing with the diatraction of oncoming ALS. This storyline was not finished yet.

Comment

Hello!

I was wondering about TJ's baby. I have yet to see all of Stargate Universe but I can not help but hope that maybe somehow the baby is still alive somewhere.

I am also wondering if there is any hope at all that Stargate Universe could ever come back so we can find out exactly what happened to TJ's baby.

Comment

Maybe Destiny sensed that her sadness might damage the crew's efficiency and created the simulation to ease her suffering. The nebula was like the Earth moon in Chakotay's dream(Star Trek: Voyager episode) to confirm that it wasn't just a dream.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

What annoys me most is- where did the dead baby go? It had to come out from TJ eventually.. Cause she didn't go anywhere more than in her mind, there for the baby didn't go anywhere either. So why didn't they just show her the dead body, or did they throw it out into space just as it got out.. Something that just have annoyed me for quite some time

Comment

What did they do with all the dead bodies, there were a few. They never addressed that did they? Personally, I wouldn't like the idea of my body floating around in space. It wouldn't decompose, our bodies are meant to recycle into "earth".
                      sigpic

Comment

I think they just made some kind of ceremony for the dead people off-screen and dropped their boddies into a star , a sun or something.

It makes perfect sense, because who would want to live on a giant space ship, for which ONLY God knows where it's ment to be going, with dead people around them?

Comment

Or, the cadavers were placed on a make-shift platform and disintegrated by a wormhole forming...

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

If you're going to venture into space, you're going to have to deal with disposal of bodies. Sailing ships have had to deal with this for centuries, over the side they go. Until relatively recently, few people have been able to be buried where ever they felt like, they got buried pretty near where they died. Perhaps some elites could arrange for their body to be moved, perhaps after it was reduced to bones.

For burial in space, you could be set to drift forever, or thrown into a star. It's actually not that easy to hit a star, if you're even a little off, you can be flung out into space. On Destiny, I suppose a body could be placed in one of the areas of the ship that were exposed to vacuum. The body would become freeze-dried.

Just as sailors are less tied to land, and thus less inclined to be disturbed by a burial at see, people to take to space would probably feel less tied to a planet, and thus less likely to be disturned by a space burial. Granted, the crew of Destiny aren't there by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Okaina View Post
                              What annoys me most is- where did the dead baby go? It had to come out from TJ eventually.. Cause she didn't go anywhere more than in her mind, there for the baby didn't go anywhere either. So why didn't they just show her the dead body, or did they throw it out into space just as it got out.. Something that just have annoyed me for quite some time
                              I thought they buried the dead of various planets they encounter. That's what Eli said they did for Ginn.

Comment

Working...
                              X