Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my pseudonym here:who gets what it's a reference to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my pseudonym here:who gets what it's a reference to?

Specifically the part after "St*r" (there's not much to 'get' there, I just like stars)...

Just curious whether it's too obscure a reference after all.

If several people say no, I'll be kind and explain. [<she's an indirect clue]

~St*r [can apparently post in pink despite being a probie - YAAY!!]
    ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

No idea...
    sigpic

Comment

CB used the name Chickwithagun for online chats right? Many years ago now.

Comment

Technically it was just chickwithgun (no a), but that's very close so if I knew a Farspeak word for "well done", I'd be saying it. Well, typing it if you're being literal.

Relieved someone understood, especially as I only found out Claudia used the online name chickwithgun (which is in my iPad's auto-complete for some reason!) fairly recently - I didn't know about any Farscape-related chats when they were actually happening. I'm kind of becoming a Scaper retrospectively.

Was going to call myself "chickwithpen" originally, as I'm often writing or doodling (so more likely to be 'armed' with a biro than a pulse rifle, unlike Aeryn) but decided that I couldn't ditch my favoured pseudonym St*r, and that chickwithpun might be funnier and/or more apt because it rhymes and is what it says it is (a pun).
        ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Comment

It's a good name Got to love puns! More imaginative than mine here, which came from a funny channel 5 soap opera called Sunset Beach.

The Farscape chats were nice, and I remember Ben Browder actually coming into the chatroom unschedualed to tell everyone when he found out the series was cancelled, which was awesome of him.

I've been just recently rewatching the series myself, I still enjoy it so much. A few years ago there was actually announced a web series was being made, but then it never materialised, sadly.

Comment

Working...
          X