This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU:TAFS (animated fan series season 3) CANCELLED :(

Sadly yes the sgu fan made season 3 animated series has been cancelled due to mgm complaining.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsId...kXmvFSRgLTw%3D

Thats really too bad. Don't let it get you down and keep on plugging away at this. Time will bury the TV industry and loosen its control of the medium. More and more we will be able to choose alternative TV instead of the trash they try to shove down our throats.
    SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Yes, that really sucks.

I think I'm going to re-watch the original movie, than all three series and try to write an ending on my own, just for me. Of course, I won't be publishing it due to legal stuff (and because MGM would probably come after me, perhaps even the writers).

Comment

Just file the serial numbers off. Change the names of the ship and characters. Eliminate the Stargate, and make it some kind of generic teleporter. It's not your fault if people THINK SGU while they watch it.

Comment

Are people surprised? It isn't like it was a fanvid, or fanfic. Someone actually created a 'show' based on the series... MGM had evey right to exercise their copyright, and in this case I don't really blame them.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
            Are people surprised? It isn't like it was a fanvid, or fanfic. Someone actually created a 'show' based on the series... MGM had evey right to exercise their copyright, and in this case I don't really blame them.
            They ignored countless people warning them about this happening and suggested they talk to MGM before spending hundreds of hours on it. So really it looks good on them.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by dacooker
            The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumIguana View Post
              Just file the serial numbers off. Change the names of the ship and characters. Eliminate the Stargate, and make it some kind of generic teleporter. It's not your fault if people THINK SGU while they watch it.
              Well, I don't think I need to change anything, because I'm not going to publish it anywhere anyway. It will not go outside of my computer and leap onto the Internet. It will not be seen by anyone I know, my family members and my friends included. Besides, I'm thinking of saving it to an USB key, to keep it safe. I'm even going to have it password-protected, so only I can view & edit it. Even if I keep it on my computer, it will be password protected.

Besides, I said "I think I'm going to", which means I might just write the synopsis for the remaining seasons and be done with it. Either that or not do it at all. The only sure thing here is that I'm going to re-watch all three series and all SG movies, starting with the original one.

Either way, I will not be publishing anything. I might even write my own series and base it on Stargate. But even if I do that, I won't be publishing it. If I do this, it will be just for me and no-one else. My work won't see the light of the day (except on my computer).

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
              That's right. They did it without MGM's permission. Which is why I still have second thoughts about doing my own SGU edning, even if it's just for me.

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              They ignored countless people warning them about this happening and suggested they talk to MGM before spending hundreds of hours on it. So really it looks good on them.
              I guess either they were stupid or just so into SGU that they wanted to give it an edning, no metter what.

Comment

Working...
              X