Pegasus Replicators vs. Milky Way Human Replicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Replicators vs. Milky Way Human Replicators

Is there a difference between the subspace link between the Pegasus replicators and Milky Way replicators?

In the Pegasus galaxy, linking (hand in head) was used as a stall tactic. However, in the Milky Way galaxy, Replicarter held Carter and she stated that only a few seconds will have passed.

No canonical answer, so no way to know.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
      Is there a difference between the subspace link between the Pegasus replicators and Milky Way replicators?
      Not really. The human form Replicators and the Asurans are for all intents and purposes the same. I got the impression that the writers regretted killing off the Replicators, wanting to do more with the human-form variety. Hence, the Asurans show up.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post

In the Pegasus galaxy, linking (hand in head) was used as a stall tactic. However, in the Milky Way galaxy, Replicarter held Carter and she stated that only a few seconds will have passed.
        Maybe there was.. Perhaps cause the Asurans had longer to perfect it, plus neutronium, they managed more with it than the MW ones did.

Comment

I did notice that both "species" use the same telepathic interrogation. Anyway, I think that they are the same "species" simply separately developed and aren't connected. Like two planets both developing an identical species.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
          X