Question about BSG boxed sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about BSG boxed sets

Hey guys, I've noticed there are 2 different "complete series" sets of BSG on blu-ray and wanted to know if anyone who has them knows the difference.

There's this one (on sale this week at Amazon for $115):
    http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...4871685&sr=1-2

Then there's this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...p_ob_title_dvd

Now with the first one on sale today I ordered it. However I'm not sure if that was a good idea.
    As far as I can see the first one comes with all the seasons plus miniseries plus Razor.
    The second I believe comes with all the seasons, the miniseries, Razor and The Plan.
    Is that correct?

I suppose it's not a huge deal if I have to buy The Plan separately but I wanted to ask what that first set is missing...definitively what it's missing in terms of being the "complete series".

The second set was on sale for $90 around Black Friday but I couldn't swing it then. I hope ordering this one isn't a bad thing.

Oh also, is there a difference in the blu-ray quality between the sets? Or are they the same blu-ray sets with just different extras and such.

This has got to be the most confusing marketing for a tv show ever. What with the movies, seasons broken up, many different releases and everything else.
    Thanks!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

The first is the original release, the second is the re-issue. The packaging for the re-issue is smaller (less shelf space) and doesn't include the Centurion action figure. The re-issue contains The Plan, while the original release does not (making the original release superior, IMO). There's no difference in the disc contents.

Neither release contains the Season 4 webisodes "Face of the Enemy" for reasons which have never been made abundantly clear.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      The re-issue contains The Plan, while the original release does not (making the original release superior, IMO).
      Nice zinger
      So I take it The Plan isn't very good then. Is it essentially the cylons forming the plan before what happens at the beginning of the show?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by dacooker
      The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

It kind of feels more like a glorified clipshow than anything else. It opens with the attack on the Colonies from the POV of the Cylons (which is the best part of the whole movie), and then it bounces around the timeline from then till about the Season 2 finale trying (much too hard) to explain the Cylon incidents in Seasons 1 and 2. Regardless of whether or not they needed to be explained.

IMO it's really just an exercise in wasting 90 minutes explaining things that really didn't need to be explained. And because it's basically 'scene 1 is in this episode,' 'scene 2 is in that episode,' etc, it doesn't really hold a cohesive narrative.

A very poor last entry to BSG as a series...
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

cn some1 tell me if the original seres is worth watchin? i saw a box set @ a 2nd hand shop 4 $25 unopend

Comment

Working...
          X