Silly Question ? (Re mini series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly Question ? (Re mini series)

This will sound silly but is Battlestar Galactica the mini series, a prequel to Battlestar Galactica Season 1? Just purchased season 1 and at start of episode 1 it says "previously on battlestar galactica".

The mini-series is a prequel to the series. It was filmed and broadcast first and used as a a pilot for the series.

sigpic

Comment

The miniseries aired in December 2003. The episode 33 aired on October 18 2004, and in-universe is set about five and a half days after the end of the miniseries.

So it's not a prequel at all, it's the first 'episode'. It was made first, and its success spawned the TV series which followed both in chronology and airing. The TV show is the 'sequel,' the miniseries is not the 'prequel.'

</semantics>

In all seriousness and nitpicking put aside--watch the mini first. That's when it aired, and that's when it's meant to be watched. It establishes everything that launches season 1.
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 April 2012, 11:06 AM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thankyou for the help. I will purchase the mini series and watch it first.

Comment

yup like people said the mini series is the prequal to the series and enjoy watching one of the most greatest shows of all time

Comment

The first episode indeed. Or the first 4 ( or 5 ) episodes, that's the beginning of the story... actually I always have difficulties with such questions, like "Should I watch the miniseries first?" and nowdays I say "Well, if you read the first 50 pages of a 1000 pages long novel, then yes, you should watch it"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X