Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relationship between the Asurans and the Replicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationship between the Asurans and the Replicators?

Can somebody explain the relationship between the Asurans, from the Pegasus galaxy, and the Milky Way/Ida galaxy Replicators? I would like to know of any canonical link, if there is one, but I would also enjoy hearing fan-generated theories.

no, there is none. but there's speculation that creators of Reese were the Ancients

Comment

there is some relation between fifth (SG-1) and Niam (SGA) with the emotions and what not other than that no
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        no, there is none. but there's speculation that creators of Reese were the Ancients
        Which is why the introduction of the Replicators into SGA is one of my most hated elements of the series. Total rehash.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally, they replicators were to be the central villains of Atlantis. Producing SG-1 and Atlantis congruently lead to Atlantis being retooled to be set in another galaxy. The Wraith were created as the new central villains, allowing SG-1 to finish their Replicator story. Consequently, the writers resurrected the human-form Replicators as the Asurans, a similar people but with entirely different origins.

Replicators: Originated as toys, created by an android woman, created by the Ancients. The android, Reese, was feared by her people. To protect herself, she made her toys make more and more of themselves to protect her. In time, there became too many, and they focused on one goal: self replication. Boom, the replicators are born. In "Unnatural Selection," they evolved into human-form replicators, though only one survived into later episodes. He tried to create a human-form replicator copy of Carter, but RepliCarter killed him and became leader of the replicators. Eventually, they were all defeated by the Dakara device.

Asurans: Created by the Lanteans as a means to fight the Wraith. Were they created as nanites to destroy the Wraith from within? Were they people constructed of nanites to fight the Wraith traditionally? This was not made clear. Regardless, they were wiped out by the Ancients, I forget why. Eventually, their civilization was rebuilt, and they became isolationists until the Atlantis Expedition found them.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Replicators:Eventually, they were all defeated by the Dakara device.
            Ark Of Truth?
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I wrote a bit of fanfic about this subject, in it one of the Lanteans that went back to Earth after the Wraith war traveled through the Stargate out into the galaxy and after a while settled down on an advanced world, later to be known as "Reese's homeworld" he was helping advanced their science well working on his own pet project, the perfection of a human behavior emulating synthetic life form. It led to the creation of Reese, the block Replicators, and then they somehow made their way to the Ida galaxy. Or perhaps an exploring Biliskner vessel found them in this galaxy and took them aboard. Although Thor said "one subject was taken aboard a vessel for study" or something like that.
              sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I personally like the idea that someone from Atlantis still experimented with the whole Asuran idea. Created one or more prototypes of a new type of Asuran. One survived called Reese. Reese created her own mcuh more primitive version of the Asurans using knowledge she was given but with a child's mind, would have no idea what she was unleashing. The Milky Way Galaxy Replicators whether from evolution or accessing hidden parts of their 'memory' created human form replicators.
                Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                  I wrote a bit of fanfic about this subject, in it one of the Lanteans that went back to Earth after the Wraith war traveled through the Stargate out into the galaxy and after a while settled down on an advanced world, later to be known as "Reese's homeworld" he was helping advanced their science well working on his own pet project, the perfection of a human behavior emulating synthetic life form. It led to the creation of Reese, the block Replicators, and then they somehow made their way to the Ida galaxy. Or perhaps an exploring Biliskner vessel found them in this galaxy and took them aboard. Although Thor said "one subject was taken aboard a vessel for study" or something like that.
                  Name and location of fanfic? Have read one or two before that follow this premise.
                  If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                  [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Originally, they replicators were to be the central villains of Atlantis. Producing SG-1 and Atlantis congruently lead to Atlantis being retooled to be set in another galaxy. The Wraith were created as the new central villains, allowing SG-1 to finish their Replicator story. Consequently, the writers resurrected the human-form Replicators as the Asurans, a similar people but with entirely different origins.

Replicators: Originated as toys, created by an android woman, created by the Ancients. The android, Reese, was feared by her people. To protect herself, she made her toys make more and more of themselves to protect her. In time, there became too many, and they focused on one goal: self replication. Boom, the replicators are born. In "Unnatural Selection," they evolved into human-form replicators, though only one survived into later episodes. He tried to create a human-form replicator copy of Carter, but RepliCarter killed him and became leader of the replicators. Eventually, they were all defeated by the Dakara device.
                    Well, so they say. Officially it's wrapped up, but off the mike, it makes zero sense.
                    It would have if the writers decided that:

- the effect was immediate (like the Ori staff shining) instead of a slow moving wave
                    - could go through a planet instead of being limited to the surface and space
                    - had a massive range to boot, like thousands of light years
                    - that any time it would be duplicated by a stargate, the same range would apply from said gate
                    - usually ran on a ZPM to explain why this time, as it would have not, it needed all the stargates to work
                    - reached through hyperspace (subspace) and was replicated there as well

Asurans: Created by the Lanteans as a means to fight the Wraith. Were they created as nanites to destroy the Wraith from within? Were they people constructed of nanites to fight the Wraith traditionally? This was not made clear. Regardless, they were wiped out by the Ancients, I forget why. Eventually, their civilization was rebuilt, and they became isolationists until the Atlantis Expedition found them.
                    They were a self-reproduction force to match the Wraith's numbers. I think it says a lot that the Lanteans were ready to unleash a Von Neumann type force on the galaxy to get rid of the Wraith during the war.
                    The glitch being that they gave those nanites so much power and complexity that it grew a sentience.

Also, the nanites of both types of Replicators are very different. Those of the machines fought by the Asgards were much more simple at first glance and smaller, looking like tubes made of atoms, while those of the Asurans looked like prisms with pincers.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The milkyway replicatores were created by rease but the id galaxy replicators?

Comment

The Ida galaxy replicators and the Milky Way replicators are the same thing.

Comment

Are you sure because the problem of the reps was first in the ida galaxy and then in the milkyway

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Jack O'neill View Post
                            Are you sure because the problem of the reps was first in the ida galaxy and then in the milkyway
                            We don't know how or when exactly they did it, but the Ida and Milky Way Replicators are from the same source. As someone speculated above, it seems most likely that some poor Asgard picked up a few for study in the Milky Way and took them home then everything got out of hand. The fact that Reese's commands affected them is probably the clincher as to them being from the same stock, also, I can't remember the words but I think one of the human form Replicators on Hala calls her their creator but I could just be imagining that

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                            They were a self-reproduction force to match the Wraith's numbers. I think it says a lot that the Lanteans were ready to unleash a Von Neumann type force on the galaxy to get rid of the Wraith during the war.
                            Hmm, you say that but I wouldn't put it past the Ancients to release a swarm of VN machines to help them put their trousers on in the morning and completely fail to see how that could possibly go awry

Comment

Originally posted by Idiopathic View Post
                              Hmm, you say that but I wouldn't put it past the Ancients to release a swarm of VN machines to help them put their trousers on in the morning and completely fail to see how that could possibly go awry
                              You give the Ancients too much credit. Building a VN machine to put their pants on would mean it has a purpose. Half of what they do seems like they did just to see if they could. Like the Stargate destroyer that Anubis used, what purpose could the Ancients have possibly built that for?

Comment

Working...
                              X