Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might the Wraith Have Found Earth Anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might the Wraith Have Found Earth Anyway?

If the Wraith didn't get help by intercepting the Wraith communication from that other universe, would they ever find Earth?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

No, I think Todd was the only Wraith who really knew where Earth was. Thankfully, he seemed content with staying in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

it's possible one day wraith could've come to earth
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
        it's possible one day wraith could've come to earth
        Tho I think first one Wraith would have have to first unify them all, find enough food to sustain them for a VERY VERY VERY VERY (lol!!) long time and keep spreading out in random directions to reach the Milky Way and then Earth.
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

but with some advances we have seen and all the talk it is possible that one faction could grow to strong take Atlantis and gate to earth
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Since so many knew of earth, i do feel eventually they might have figured out where it was.

Comment

They would have to know which galaxy first. Space is vast. Their ships are not that fast and has limitations because they are organic. Pretty much only another ZPM Hive Ship or using the Atlantis Gate.

But since the Atlantis Gate is direct to Earth's Gate, the Wraith may find it a harder time since the Earth's Stargate is deep within a mountain with defenses. Wraith do in fact have weapons that can disable people in the immediate area, however I suspect that even between Atlantis and Earth, there are security just in case something like that would occur.
              Hi There!

Comment

^Yes, they would need coordinates to the MW at least. There is plenty of food in the MW even taking Earth out of the picture. If they were smart they would have just gone into hibernation after putting their ships on auto pilot for the MW programmed when to drop out for hull regeneration then capable of jumping back into hyperspace. Also, emergency protocols, like waking up a "cleverman"(Scientist) if something needed repairing.

Why would they care if it took centuries? They could certainly carry enough supplies to allow survival if they hibernated for most of the journey. Yet another area were the writers frigged up.
                sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

You've all done some clever thinking. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                    ^Yes, they would need coordinates to the MW at least. There is plenty of food in the MW even taking Earth out of the picture. If they were smart they would have just gone into hibernation after putting their ships on auto pilot for the MW programmed when to drop out for hull regeneration then capable of jumping back into hyperspace. Also, emergency protocols, like waking up a "cleverman"(Scientist) if something needed repairing.

Why would they care if it took centuries? They could certainly carry enough supplies to allow survival if they hibernated for most of the journey. Yet another area were the writers frigged up.
                    Since they don't have the coordinates of the MW they can't go anywhere though. So at the very least find out which one it is.
                    Hi There!

Comment

Easy as pie if they really wanted to......

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Easy as pie if they really wanted to......
                        How? I say this because not many who go offworld would know the exact coordinates of the MW. My only idea is tracking the Daedalus and see what direction she came from, assuming she came in a straight line of course.
                        Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
                          How? I say this because not many who go offworld would know the exact coordinates of the MW. My only idea is tracking the Daedalus and see what direction she came from, assuming she came in a straight line of course.
                          One way, tracking the relative trajectory. Another more complex way would involve brain washing and infiltration. May take a while but eventually they would.

Another way it could happen would be a SG-A person selling out to the Wraith in exchange for eternal life.

Comment

^Yes, they would need coordinates to the MW at least.
                            It's not so much needing the coordinates to the Milky Way as needing to know that the Milky Way is worth investigating.

Take the Andromeda galaxy for example: it is roughly the same distance from Earth as Pegasus (in fact, IIRC, the real Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy is a satellite of Andromeda) and only about 50% large than the Milky Way, but appears large than the Moon, if you have a good enough telescope.

In other words, the Wraith almost certainly know exactly where the Milky Way is. The problem is that they also know where Andromeda is, where Triangulum is, and probably where a lot of other Local Group galaxies are - they just don't know which ones are inhabited and which ones aren't.
                            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I agree with Quadhelix.
                              There's no point just setting off in hybernation unless you carry a large enough stock of Humans to sustain you and going to some random galaxy that may or may not contain a food source you can feed off of would be very stupid of the Wraith, basically a suicide mission, unless they had enough food to get back home.

Even if they followed a 304's trajectory out of the galaxy, from Atlantis's home, don't galaxies move?
                              If they do wouldn't that mean a 304 would have to adjust it's course to make it to the Milky Way?

A Hive or fleet of Wraith ships would be considerably slower in standard form, I doubt knowing where a 304 left the galaxy would help them.
                              The only way they could have found the Milky Way would be to send out a load of random sleeper ships, piloted by a few Wraith on each, then comes the issue of sending a message back to Pegasus, if the ship's crew that found the Milky Way felt like sharing their comms just aren't fast enough to send a message accross those kinds of distances.
                              IMO it's far more likely that any sleeper fleet would just feast off of unprotected worlds and live on their ships until they've grown enough and not worry about the Wraith back in the Pegasus galaxy.
                              IMO any Wraith that found that large a food supply wouldn't care about sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X