• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worlds Apart (420)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    WORLDS APART
    EPISODE NUMBER - 420

With the realization that Jones is using former Cortexiphan test subjects in a plan to collapse the two universes, both sides must weigh the cost of shutting down the bridge that joins them together. Olivia reconnects with a man from her childhood.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 April 2015, 12:43 PM.

I can barely await next week. Will it be a double Episode or will they air them seperatly?

It is really sad to see the Bridge gone while they probably didnt change anything. The machine was working hard on keeping the Universes stable, therefor it was kind of their last defence against the damage that Jones was causing.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I knew what Lincoln was gonna do the second they suggested it ha

yeh is sad, wonder if they will have to turn it back on, or even if they can turn the machine back on (especially without Peter vanishing ha)

turning the bridge off though stopped the other side from being damaged by the earthquakes and from how I understand it, sort of stopped the degredation; so they are pretty much ok unless, judging by next weeks promo Jones has something else up his sleeve

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger View Post

yeh is sad, wonder if they will have to turn it back on, or even if they can turn the machine back on (especially without Peter vanishing ha)

turning the bridge off though stopped the other side from being damaged by the earthquakes and from how I understand it, sort of stopped the degredation; so they are pretty much ok unless, judging by next weeks promo Jones has something else up his sleeve
        I knew what Lincoln was gonna do way back in the episode Alt-Lincoln was killed. It was obvious he wasn't happy over here, and over there...he has a chance with Altivia.

I enjoyed the episode, but I'm going to miss the interactions between the two universes. I'm just glad that Peter didn't go "poof" again. Next week's promo looks awesome. I think they're going to air part one next week and part two the week after...at least...according to my DVR...there is only one epsiode of Fringe slated to air this coming Friday.
        sigpic

Comment

Are we sure nothing changed at the end of the episode? I mean with the bridge gone, Peter could just have easily switched back to the original timeline.

I guess if they were going for that they would have depicted it at the end.

But I'm still betting money that Peter gets back to the Original timeline and that's when the Observers strike.

Hmm.... I wondering...is it possible for the Fringe Team to do something that alters the timeline so much that a alternate version of the Observers are born, a version that dominates instead of watches?

Also, I'm thinking...maybe in the space between when Jones left to the Other side and the year Peter came back, I wonder if he stumbled onto the Observers or the Alternate-Observers (that seek to dominate) and all his plans since have been to combat them. First build an army and then to insure the Observers never exist he destroys the universes and creates a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger View Post

I think Walters assumption that their communication would be disturbed is pretty naive. There are Cortexiphan-Users doing this on both sides. They have no need for the Bridge and our Team just played right into his hands. Why would he have wanted to gain control over the machine, with all this planning going on? My guess is that his intention was to turn it off from the beginning.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I knew what Lincoln was gonna do way back in the episode Alt-Lincoln was killed. It was obvious he wasn't happy over here, and over there...he has a chance with Altivia.

I enjoyed the episode, but I'm going to miss the interactions between the two universes. I'm just glad that Peter didn't go "poof" again. Next week's promo looks awesome. I think they're going to air part one next week and part two the week after...at least...according to my DVR...there is only one epsiode of Fringe slated to air this coming Friday.
            I agree, it was kind of obvious where they were going with Lincolns Character. Though its half bad, since now he can be happy with Altlivia.

Thanks for the info, I would have been angry if I waited for a double special and then there is none.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              I think Walters assumption that their communication would be disturbed is pretty naive. There are Cortexiphan-Users doing this on both sides. They have no need for the Bridge and our Team just played right into his hands. Why would he have wanted to gain control over the machine, with all this planning going on? My guess is that his intention was to turn it off from the beginning.
              I don't think they did that to disrupt communication, they did that because Peter asked if having the Bridge link the two worlds was allowing Jones plan to work.

Their hope is that by turning it off, Jones' plan will no longer work. You may be right in that he wanted the device off, but only Peter can control the device, that's why he was the one that used his arm to interface with it.

So maybe the earthquakes was just a way for Jones to get Peter to turn off the machine.

Comment

Must admit my first thought was why are they switching the machine off?, Jones has his own version in which he can cross back and forth with.

Comment

I was sad to see the bridge shut down. Just when the two sides had truly started trusting one another. A real shame.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X