Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
    Has Series 3 started in the US yet? Guess I better not say anything in case it hasn't. But one thing. IMO, the first 2 seasons were fairly good TV, but they kind of meandered around a bit. Season 3 comes out firing on all cylinders. I'm very excited about what comes next. No doubt they've taken the show to another, better, level.
    It starts next month.

Comment

Has Series 3 started in the US yet? Guess I better not say anything in case it hasn't. But one thing. IMO, the first 2 seasons were fairly good TV, but they kind of meandered around a bit. Season 3 comes out firing on all cylinders. I'm very excited about what comes next. No doubt they've taken the show to another, better, level.
      It certainly does!

I think it's thanks to the patient ground work laid out in the first two seasons that set up things for this cracking season opener, giving so many possibilities for taking things in unexpected directions.

For all those waiting for it to begin airing where you are, all I can say is you've got a real treat coming your way with this season opener!

Comment

Two words to describe 301 --> HOLY FRAK!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Enjoyed the first two seasons. I'll have to wait for Netflix before I can watch season 3.
          sigpic
          Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

S3 starts in the US this Friday. I was just wondering what the Canadians think about the show so far. I don't mind spoilers but if someone tells me the whole plot of the show I will be a little miffed
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

pretty impressive so far and I was worried which way they were going to take after S2 ending.... finally see some time travel :-)
              SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

I personally think season 3 is going to rock our socks off.

And Amanda Tapping does a lot of directing this season, and if her tweets are anything to go by then we're gonna love it.

And as far as the plot for season 3... (big giant spoilers)

Spoiler:
                My answer to the question: Which Alec to keep? -- damaged timetraveller Alec

Comment

Without getting into details or spoilers, I can say that so far, S3 has been the best series yet. Perhaps a bit confusing, but the plot moves quickly and there's very little of the tedium that's plagued the first 2 seasons. The confusion comes with the emergence of a couple different timelines. So far, we are seeing only one. The subject of the other one is talked about a lot, so I'm having a little problem figuring out how the whole mess will/won't merge.

You will also see Kara's past and how she got to be a protector. I think that will raise a few eyebrows. The main characters from 2014 will be a bit different, too.

Bottom line, it's very watchable and pretty good TV. Perhaps the lines of good/bad, right/wrong, get a little blurry this year.

Comment

Oh yeah, here's one spoiler, for those that can't wait. While in a flash forward showing Kara's backstory, she wears the most hideous wig I think I have ever laid eyes on. Be forewarned, if hairstyles in the future are expected to be like that, I'm glad I'll be dead before I have to experience it!

Comment

Oh yeah, here's one spoiler, for those that can't wait. While in a flash forward showing Kara's backstory, she wears the most hideous wig I think I have ever laid eyes on. Be forewarned, if hairstyles in the future are expected to be like that, I'm glad I'll be dead before I have to experience it!
                      Yes, that was one hideous hairdo... they shouldn't repeat that ever!

Comment

Yes some throw back to her future mother's counter culture past and Kara's inevitable "60s" rebellious reaction.

Might explain her becoming a tool for the new corporation government/law.

No one just joins a war, unless they are deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I personally think season 3 is going to rock our socks off.

And Amanda Tapping does a lot of directing this season, and if her tweets are anything to go by then we're gonna love it.

And as far as the plot for season 3... (big giant spoilers)

Spoiler:
                          My answer to the question: Which Alec to keep? -- damaged timetraveller Alec
                          looking forward to her input and in answer to your spoiler

Spoiler:
                          keep both ...possibilities of time travel effects are endless.

I have this hunger to see a kind of "Cloud Atlas" type action-reaction /consequences of choices over time.

Half a mo....this is a good show and its Canadian...happening in Vancouver.

That does not compute ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                            looking forward to her input and in answer to your spoiler

Spoiler:
                            keep both ...possibilities of time travel effects are endless.

I have this hunger to see a kind of "Cloud Atlas" type action-reaction /consequences of choices over time.

Half a mo....this is a good show and its Canadian...happening in Vancouver.

That does not compute ;-)
                            I'm still on the fence as to......

Spoiler:
                            ....which Alec. It's going to be interesting to see which Alec's actions doom him first!

LOL! Isn't it great, a good Canadian show set in Vancouver! They can mention places we know and they aren't standing in for anything else. Motive is the other show I'm enjoying that's also set in Vancouver, it's looking good for Canadian productions at the moment.

It all makes a nice change that we're not taken out of the moment with seeing places we know in shows and movies being somewhere else! It doesn't seem so bad if it is the parts of Vancouver or the Lower Mainland that you don't actually live and work in and so familiar with.

I recorded today's episode so I can skip quickly through the ads, so I now have that to watch.

Comment

I know I don't have many believers, but I've been saying for years that Canadian TV is some of the best on the planet. Percentage wise, anyway. It's not really recognized because our output is relatively low. But if you look at the total amount of shows produced in Canada and the number of them that are popular and successful, we'd be right up there with the best.

People automatically compare TV around the world with the US. They just don't stop to think how many new shows are produced every year. I mean there's a ton of them. anyway, wrong forum for this discussion.

Continuum, we watched the 4th episode last night in the great white north. As I've said before, they've really put it altogether this series. Ep #4 was very good. I would have considered it an excellent one, if (always has to be an "if"), they were working with a 20 or 22 episode series. They didn't increase it this year have they? But unless I'm wrong, 13 is the number. Spoiler free analysis, lots of puzzle pieces came together. We could see where peoples attitudes and beliefs are changing. It was probably a less expensive episode to make. The content was very important, but IMO, it chewed up a lot of time.

Bottom line, I'm actively engaged with the show like I never was during the first 2 series. It's good and it promises to be the best season yet.

Comment

So.. I've been thinking about Cameron's suit.. there are weird brain interfaces that can control her and read her thoughts, but she has to select options on her suit? Hmm

Comment

Working...
                                X