Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 2 random thoughts during viewing:

Spoiler:

1.) Glad to see that the "Portland" story didn't hold for long. I would have thought she would have had Alec start work on some kind of ID for herself (including fingerprints) at some point during episode one.

2.) Surprised that the Liber8 guys were okay with leaving one of their number in the past.

3.) Surprised that Kellog could so easily open a bank account with a big bag of cash, especially after the recent thefts.

4.) Awkward moment for Alec to bring up Kiera's family while she is stalking the Liber8 gang.

5.) I get the whole mother/child bond, but why is the husband almost an after-thought (even if they are going through a "rough patch")?

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Episode 2 question

Spoiler:
      What time are the terrorits really trying to land in.
      SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Spoiler:
        So the terrorists shoot up 2012, don't steal or do anything then try to go back to the same time period they left?

Am I missing something?...

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
          Episode 2 question

Spoiler:
          What time are the terrorits really trying to land in.
          Spoiler:

To my understanding they wish to return to the day they left, 65 years in the future.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by trek604 View Post
            Spoiler:
            So the terrorists shoot up 2012, don't steal or do anything then try to go back to the same time period they left?

Not that I can see.

I'm trying to figure out how they haven't as yet screwed up the future, unless they are supposed to be there, doing what they are doing.

regards,
            D.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              First rule of sci-fi... no body, no dead
              Especially when dealing with time travel. Even if you do have a body they may not be as dead as they appear.

Comment

Don't believe I'm spoiling anything by saying that I believe that they were just trying to avoid what was going to happen them and the time shift was just an un-wanted bonus. Although I might be looking at it incorrectly, too!

I would like to have a discussion about the way the show is handling time. But I'm afraid that it's going to be a while till most people can participate...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                  Not that I can see.

I'm trying to figure out how they haven't as yet screwed up the future, unless they are supposed to be there, doing what they are doing.

regards,
                  D.
                  Laying the foundations for the corps take over perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by trek604 View Post
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Originally they wanted to go only a few years into the past, but -science mumbo jumbo- sent them back further. Now they are trying to get to the time they originally intended to jump to.
                    sigpic

Comment

Another good episode.

I really liked how.....

Spoiler:
                      ....the way Kiera's isolation in the past is dealt with. Even though she keeps busy with constantly being on the tail of the fugitives we see her vulnerable sad moments. The scene where she sat handcuffed in the police station was well played.

I too am glad the business with her identity was dealt with, although it was pretty obvious Alec would sort that out!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Laying the foundations for the corps take over perhaps?
                        Indeed, Liberat8's actions could inadvertently lead to the rise of the corporations, however, the causes of the corps take-over seem to be the result of larger issues...

Spoiler:
                        ...such as economic instability. There is already a trend in that direction without any help from those guys.

If these guys can run around killing folks and blowing stuff up without any apparent problems then it might well be that they are supposed to be here at/in this time, performing the actions which they are doing.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

I'm puzzled then how this all can lead to the collapse of governement.

Spoiler:
                          as a rule governmental reaction to such hostilities is to impose martial-law and then they can do pretty much what they please. In otherwords it should strenghten governments gripp on power not weaken it
                          SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                            I'm puzzled then how this all can lead to the collapse of governement.
                            In the pilot, someone mentioned that the old government went bankrupt and that the corporations intervened in some manner. I inferred that the corporations bailed out the government in return for the formation of the corporate congress, or something along those lines.

It doesn't make sense to me either. A national government that faces a deficit can raise taxes or print more money or even default on its obligations. But tear up its Constitution and abdicate governance? Not likely.

For now, I'm "letting it go" and focusing on the immediate story. Maybe we'll get a more solid background story, or maybe it'll remain a weak point.

Between Continuum and Person of Interest, does anyone feel like we're being acclimated to the idea of plutocracy and total surveillance? No conspiracy theory here, just a discomfort with these dystopian visions of the present and near future.

Comment

Does the lead actress remind anyone else of Jodie Foster, twenty years younger?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                                Does the lead actress remind anyone else of Jodie Foster, twenty years younger?
                                Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                Anyone else think Kiera looked alot like Jodie Foster?
                                I said it first, therefore it is my internet duty to be petty and claim the win.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X