No announcement yet.

Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the pilot also (not sure if needs to be in spoilers)

Spoiler:
    The big question of this show is who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? The 'terrorists' are fighting to get thier rights back which the corporations have taken away; and this is who the good guys work for. I guess just b/c you are a cop doesn't mean you are a good guy.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That's going to be one of the interesting things about this show.... technically Nichol's character is a bad guy, with Bra'tac being a good guy. It'll be interesting to see if they explore this, and how.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
        That's going to be one of the interesting things about this show.... technically Nichol's character is a bad guy, with Bra'tac being a good guy. It'll be interesting to see if they explore this, and how.
        Spoiler:
        but didn't Bra'tac get vaporized? As in he didn't make it through the jump?

Comment

Lots of thoughts and opinions:

Originally posted by trek604 View Post
          Spoiler:
          Do we know if Sadcorp (sp?) is actually a good guy or a villain? If it is, then he could be in on it. Evil corporations and all...
          Spoiler:
          Somebody had to have been able to turn the execution chamber into a make-shift time portal. It would have to have been a pretty important person to gain access, bribe(?) the guards or otherwise place trusted people in key positions. So, it's either the Corp itself or there's people working on the inside.

The "bad guy terrorists" aren't good guys. The fact that they blew up property is nothing (much). Assuming they really did blow up a lot of civilians is another matter, but maybe the casualty figures were all PR. Further, the group who were transported to the past all seem like they would be in good company with the guys Simon Phoenix thawed out in "Demolition Man". These are not a group of "nice guys".

There also looks like there will be some kind of tie-in to Alec Sadler's family situation (big surprise).

A couple of WTH? moments: 1.) Kiera was in need of money/resources and without any apparent hesitation, she used her technology to steal from the cash machine. To me, it makes suspect any attempt by the writers to try and pass her off as a straight shooter; 2.) Kiera gets accepted into the cop ranks far too easily for my liking. I suppose there will be some kind of situation where Alec has to save her bacon by faking some ID something, but all in all it was kind of weak.

I wonder if there will be some kind of message in a bottle scene where Kiera leaves messages with Alec for her loved ones in the future?

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Well I'm not sure about this show. Saw the pilot and leaped at the idea of corperations being attacked by terrorists and had visions of the ending of 'Fight club'. But they turn them into terrorists vs home land security blah blah blah....aka 9/11 ; IE cops and robbers with out laws & limits .

I have no interest in such shows , so if it doesnt develope something new soon, I'm out.

I was amused at my home town being 'where it all happens' and Canada being part of the 'North American Union'. I know some morons would like nothing more.

Kind of like all that 'new world order' rubbish

We will have to wait and see I guess.

BTW nothing good coming out of canada? Wasn't SGU filmed part in Canada and and part in USA?
            Also don't the director/writers of "District 9" live in Vancouver?
            SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by trek604 View Post
              Spoiler:
              but didn't Bra'tac get vaporized? As in he didn't make it through the jump?
              First rule of sci-fi... no body, no dead

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                It appears to only be airing on Showcase which is a Canadian network. I'm not sure if you can stream it on their website if you are outside Canada.
                I imagine it will be available on Netflix, Hulu, etc. though.
                The show is geo-locked to Canada from their main site.

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                Lost Girl is also a Showcase tv show and got picked up by SyFy. I believe we watched the first season in Canada before it was picked up for USA viewers. So there's still hope yet.
                I think Lost girl completed 2 seasons before being picked up by SyFy(lis).
                sigpic

Comment

The antagonists fight for freedom while the protagonist fights for fascism. Weird show.

Comment

The way I see it, the morality of the characters is dubious on purpose.

Kiera for example is fighting for the Corporations, but you'll notice that the future doesn't really seem that bad, sure the Corps might be in control, but they don't seem to be your run of the mil evil oppressive regime.
                    On the other hand Liber8 are supposed to fight for freedom and civil liberties, but their introduction involves them bombing a skyscraper filled with civilians and the time travel team's actions are pretty brutal in how they go about acquiring resources, executing two cops on the spot.

And then there's Sadtech, you'll notice that Sadler is smiling when the time machine powers up, my money is on him being the one who actually financed Liber8's time jump escape. Kiera's husband certainly seems to know what's about to happen given how he tries to get her out of the execution chamber, and Sadler is his boss.
                    Also, does anyone else think Alec's stepdad looks a lot like a younger Bra'tak (what's this guy's name anyways?)?

Kiera's acceptance into the police force isn't that weird (through not asking for her badge was a big cringe worthy), they deal with that in the second episode from what I can tell from the preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      The way I see it, the morality of the characters is dubious on purpose.

Kiera for example is fighting for the Corporations, but you'll notice that the future doesn't really seem that bad, sure the Corps might be in control, but they don't seem to be your run of the mil evil oppressive regime.
                      On the other hand Liber8 are supposed to fight for freedom and civil liberties, but their introduction involves them bombing a skyscraper filled with civilians and the time travel team's actions are pretty brutal in how they go about acquiring resources, executing two cops on the spot.

And then there's Sadtech, you'll notice that Sadler is smiling when the time machine powers up, my money is on him being the one who actually financed Liber8's time jump escape. Kiera's husband certainly seems to know what's about to happen given how he tries to get her out of the execution chamber, and Sadler is his boss.
                      Also, does anyone else think Alec's stepdad looks a lot like a younger Bra'tak (what's this guy's name anyways?)?

Kiera's acceptance into the police force isn't that weird (through not asking for her badge was a big cringe worthy), they deal with that in the second episode from what I can tell from the preview.
                      From the dinner table conversation, and the "he's not ready" part, i'd speculate that they're the forerunners to Liber8.
                      sigpic

Comment

Tony Amedola? (i think that's how it's spelt.

I get the feeling that Sadler didn't help out liber8 because he agrees with them, but because he knows that's how she arrived in his past, and doing something that means he's the man he is tofday..... or will be in 2076.... so in effect, closing the loop.

Comment

So can they write a different alternative history knowing how things will turn out?

Comment

I don't think anything is going to be clear cut in this show, the pilot set up a load of ideas that could go heaven knows where! I think it was really well done and the motives of all concerned won't be as they first seem to be. This is what got me hooked on this show, I really hope it continues to cleverly keep wrong footing us, leading to some clever revelations.

Spoiler:
                            I do agree that the way Kiera's story was accepted by the Vancouver police chief was just too simple and ridiculous. It was the only thing that marred what is otherwise a really good set up for what is to come.

I think Bra'tac will be back, I don't believe he was killed, I'm wondering if he was sent a little further back in time and has been busy getting a head start on things and only needs to get in contact when he learns his comrades have arrived from the future.

Also, if they change history perhaps it will become the 'Canadian Union', with Vancouver as the 'capital!'

Comment

That would be sweet!!

Comment

I just watched the pilot out of sheer curiosity, and while I don't know anything about this show or where it's going to go, I will be very surprised if this gets a second season at all.

Seeing as I have room for a new show, I'll continue watching.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X