No announcement yet.

Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks interesting, but I would guess it would have to have a fairly strong showing to get picked up in the US. Especially considering (no offense intended) that the sets\effects look low budget and while that wouldn't bother me, it generally doesn't do well in major US markets.

That being said I've only watched 3 clips and the view of the city looked nice!
    sigpic

Comment

As far as I know it will be aired every Sunday beginning May 27th.
      As soon as I get conformation I will let you know.

Here is a link to the last promo that can also be seen outside of Canada.
      http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/con...n-1-promo.html

Comment

I know Lexa Doig is on it I hope it gets shown in the U.S.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Finley View Post
          Here is a link to the last promo that can also be seen outside of Canada.
          http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/con...n-1-promo.html
          Hey, Tony Amendola (Bratac) is in it. Another reason to watch.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Here's a clip from their presentation at the FanExpo in Vancouver. It features most of the cast including star Rachel Nicols and SG alums Tony Amendola, Jennifer Spence and Lexa Doig.

Youtube and Showcase links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYAVz3y6PsE

http://www.showcase.ca/video/continu...p=1&s=dd#video
            sigpic

Comment

I can honestly say I was intrigued and for lack of a better word: interested when Space Showcase was playing those ads that literally had just the word CONTINUUM with a neat purple background and said coming soon...

But when they started playing footage of the show in the promos my interest fell to zero. I might watch an episode or two because Rachel Nichols is a cutie and Tony Amendola is great.
              Last edited by Brian; 18 May 2012, 04:51 AM.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by dacooker
              The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

This teaser told me absolutely nothing about the show. From Wikipedia...
                CPS Protector Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols) is transported from the year 2077 to 2012 when a group of terrorists from her time escapes execution by fleeing to present day. In order to track them down and stop them from endangering the past, Kiera joins the local police force and uses the skills of a young tech genius (Erik Knudsen).
                Terminator meets Timecop meets police procedural meets stereotypical "young tech genius" who should should be a lot older based on his knowledge and skill.

Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  This teaser told me absolutely nothing about the show. From Wikipedia...

Terminator meets Timecop meets police procedural meets stereotypical "young tech genius" who should should be a lot older based on his knowledge and skill.

Yawn.
                  The word genius kinda went over your head there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Continuum is up and running,
                    You can check it out here:

Continuum the Series site.

There you can find things like behind the scenes photos and background info.

Also the trailer is now viewable in High Definition on youtube:

Comment

That teaser is from a web series with the same name. It is not related to the TV show.

The trailer of the show can be seen a few posts down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        The word genius kinda went over your head there.
                        No, it didn't. Genius is nothing without time dedicated to absorbing knowledge and developing skill. Intellect on it's own does not equate genius. I hated the "Eli" character on SGU. An unemployed man in his 20's who plays video games all day may be highly intelligent, maybe even gifted, but he wouldn't have developed the knowledge and skill necessary to be of any value to the U.S. Air Force, let alone the SGC and Icarus Base.

Finley, the trailer you posted is actually interesting! Unfortunately, I've already seen this before. It was more interesting when it was called Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          No, it didn't. Genius is nothing without time dedicated to absorbing knowledge and developing skill. Intellect on it's own does not equate genius. I hated the "Eli" character on SGU. An unemployed man in his 20's who plays video games all day may be highly intelligent, maybe even gifted, but he wouldn't have developed the knowledge and skill necessary to be of any value to the U.S. Air Force, let alone the SGC and Icarus Base.

Finley, the trailer you posted is actually interesting! Unfortunately, I've already seen this before. It was more interesting when it was called Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
                          Strait over your head.....

Woman goes back in time. Totally Terminator!
                          sigpic

Comment

Just a wee bit familiar, no?

Comment

They both used a similar looking blue flash of light, thats it....
                              sigpic

Comment

Look deeper. A woman goes back in time (CPS Protector Kiera Cameron / reprogrammed Terminator Cameron Phillips). Terrorists / Terminators go back in time. Cameron has gone back in time to track down and stop the Terrorists / Terminators from endangering the past. In TSCC, Cameron protest the past by protecting John Connor. In Continuum, Cameron is going after the terrorists themselves. She joins the local police force (OK, different enough here), and she uses the skills of a young tech genius. John Connor. I mean... some guy played by Erik Knudsen.

Comment

Working...
                                X