No announcement yet.

Continuum - News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if it will air in the U.S and if so on what channel?
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

There's been no word if it will air in the US. Lost Girl was in it's 2nd (I think) season before SyFy picked it up.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Season one - episode five: A Test of Time

Spoiler:

aka - the "Are you Sarah Connor?" episode.

Some interesting things in this episode.

I was wondering when they were going to address whether or not their actions in 2012 are going to affect 2077. By the looks of things they may well be in a separate time line, unless the writers threw us a curve. This could mean that the writers are going the same route as those for "Terra Nova".

Kagame is starting to look like a cult leader more than a revolutionary.

It looks like there will be increasing tension in the Liber8 ranks between Kagame and Verta, as was hinted at in the previous episode.

It wasn't too surprising to find Kiera's grandmother to be the troubled teen (another tip of the hat to "The Terminator").

I thought it was kind of strange that Kagame didn't want to take advantage of the money Kellog brought. I get that he's supposed to be taking an "ethical" position here, however, assets are assets. I suppose the proceeds from their grow-op make it easier to be ethical.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Re: Season one - episode five: A Test of Time

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          I was wondering when they were going to address whether or not their actions in 2012 are going to affect 2077. By the looks of things they may well be in a separate time line, unless the writers threw us a curve.
          It could mean nothing more than that the grandfather paradox is viable, that time traveling backward and erasing your grandparents doesn't make you disappear. (Is that what you meant by the Terra Nova route?)

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          I thought it was kind of strange that Kagame didn't want to take advantage of the money Kellog brought.
          I thought Kagame's interest was unclear. He immediately sent away his troops and then inquired whether the money stolen: he didn't want the money to draw trouble. Kagame claimed he cared nothing for the money, but after Kellog assured him the money was legally obtained, Kellog asked, "So now that we're back on the same foot, where do we begin?" Maybe the show creators wanted to keep us guessing, or maybe the editing process cut it down to the point of ambiguity.

Comment

Season one - episode five: A Test of Time

During the montage at the end, Alec gazes at the photo of a woman's face, taken through a car window. It looks like a surveillance photo. Who was the woman? Was it Lily? If so, why would Alec care? (And why would he use a photo taken from a distance, through a window, when he can select any frame he wants from Cameron's biochip feed?

Comment

I'm enjoying this show. Still don't know who the real villains of the piece are, which keeps things interesting. I really feel nothing is what it seems in this. Loving the shots of the old home town as itself and mention of street names!

S1:E05

Spoiler:
              Loved the 'Terminator' style search for the ancestors. What will happen to Kagame in this future if he's actually brought up by 'himself'? It was an interesting thing that he took his pregnant mother with him after the swap with Kellog's grandmother.

Glad that Kellog didn't start to disappear 'Marty McFly' style, nice twist there using the death of his grandmother to show a possible alternate timeline they are creating by their presence in the past. I'm wondering if we'll see the 'alternate' future at some point, so it will compare to what we've seen of the future Keira and the others left behind. I like Kellog, hope he survives, still wondering why he's helping Keira, hope he doesn't end up as just stringing her along and really working with Kagame all along.

Comment

I hope this show gets picked up in the U.S. because it sounds interesting
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

And I'm still not convinced... especially after that cliched 5th episode. Wondered how long it would take them to go find the relatives.

Rachel is not going to keep me hooked forever. I wanna know more about Alec's family though, wanna know what they're involved in.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I hope they are not going down this alternative time stream crap like Terra Nova did.

I much prefer to believe Kellog was

Spoiler:
                    adopted and never told

until they say different,or they confirm this as an alternative timeline crap (at which point I'll be switching off) I mean, if it is an alternative timeline - why bother? it's not like anything they do is going to make their future any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      I hope they are not going down this alternative time stream crap like Terra Nova did.

I much prefer to believe Kellog was

Spoiler:
                      adopted and never told

until they say different,or they confirm this as an alternative timeline crap (at which point I'll be switching off) I mean, if it is an alternative timeline - why bother? it's not like anything they do is going to make their future any better.

To travel back in time is ipso facto to create a new timeline. The insertion of the time traveler is a forking event in that infinitely expanding multiverse that Col. Carter likes to talk about. If the traveler is careful, we may not notice the differences between the new reality and the old one, but changes are there, even if its only the traveler's presence and the air he breathes.

With that said, the time travelers' actions matter. Their future is the the future of the timeline in which they reside. At the moment of their arrival in the past, the timeline in which they reside is identical to the old timeline except for their sudden presence. I'd say they should care about the timeline as much, or almost as much, as the old one.

What does this mean with regard to Kellog?
                      Spoiler:
                      Future Kellog will never exist. I'd say that matters to Kellog. The failure of Kellog to disappear means only that a grandfather paradox doesn't cause the time traveler to vanish. It means only that a grandfather paradox can exist. His future family's still wiped from existence. Their actions are changing the only timeline that matters to them: the one they're stuck in.

I admit I might not understand the objection, especially because I never understood what was going on with the Terra Nova timeline(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                        To travel back in time is ipso facto to create a new timeline.
                        Technically yes and no, depending on your view, it doesn't "create" a new timeline, but alters or modifies the existing one in sync.

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                        What does this mean with regard to Kellog?
                        Spoiler:
                        Future Kellog will never exist. I'd say that matters to Kellog. The failure of Kellog to disappear means only that a grandfather paradox doesn't cause the time traveler to vanish. It means only that a grandfather paradox can exist. His future family's still wiped from existence. Their actions are changing the only timeline that matters to them: the one they're stuck in.

I admit I might not understand the objection, especially because I never understood what was going on with the Terra Nova timeline(s).
                        He's talking about the Grandfather paradox, pretty much what I'm saying, but differently.

It doesn't matter which route the writers take, we can always pick holes in a time travel story, but more recently the writers seem to have got lazy and decided to avoid the Grandfather paradox completely, essentially the stories have involved time travelling to a parallel universe, so even if you do go back in time and kill your Grandfather, you are not killing YOUR Grandfather, but rather the parallel universe version of your Grandfather in this parallel universe, which conveniently ignores the age old problem of time travel, i.e. now you can't do anything to effect yourself or the time you came from.

That's what I mean by if they have travelled to an parallel universe, or alternative timestream as Terra Nova termed it as, why bother, it's a different universe, there's no guarantee events will unfold in the same way as they did in their original timeline. Of course if it is their universe, then them just being there will effect the future, but I don't like this new style of time travel where the Grandfather paradox is conveniently ignored to make the writers job easier.

And don't get me started on having a portal between universes, like they did in Terra Nova....

You could say Doctor Who is the same, but Doctor Who is aimed at kids, not adults.

That's why, until I know different, I prefer to believe Kellog is you know what, and they are not in an alternative universe's timeline.

....and if you understood all that, congratulations!
                        Last edited by Ian-S; 29 June 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I love show, and Rachel is so gorgeous.
                          Liberal8 more like terrorist than freedom fighter. They disregard innocent civilian life.
                          Kind of a realistic future style for me.
                          sigpic

Comment

And for the first time this season, with episode 8 (how ironic), I felt truly pulled into the story and got a sense of "Frak, this could go so wrong!". I think it's the second time Kyra's genuinely the focal point of Liber8 and it was exciting to watch. Got me all fired up and dancing along with Alec as he kicks total hacker-butt.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And for the first time this season, with episode 8 (how ironic), I felt truly pulled into the story and got a sense of "Frak, this could go so wrong!". I think it's the second time Kyra's genuinely the focal point of Liber8 and it was exciting to watch. Got me all fired up and dancing along with Alec as he kicks total hacker-butt.
                              No kidding! Amazing episode! I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the Liber8 Manifesto while wondering around on the web? I haven't checked out the Showcase site to see if that's where it originated from, but it would be way cooler if it was just, "out there" like I found it! I have a copy, but I need to reduce the size before I can put it up here. Prior to the shows debut, I read where they were going to do mock cyber-attacks while the show was being broadcast. In other words, release little pieces of propaganda to go along with the show in an attempt to make it more, "real". I'm a little sad that were about at the end of the road for the first series. Although I'm not sure how they could have moved it along any faster in order to cover all the backstory that was necessary. Regardless, this ones a keeper.

Comment

"READ ME FIRST" in the last few seconds, guess they still ship readme files with software in 2069

Yes yes, obviously a message from futureAdam.

Comment

Working...
                                X