Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Continuum - New Series

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    we don't get showcase. maybe another channel will pick it up though
    Of this I am aware. However, as you stated, I thought that possibly another channel would air the series.

Destiny, fighting off people that cancel SGU

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    this show sounds interesting, but i live in the states so can't watch it
    You have the internet, of course you can watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by dacooker View Post
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Lost Girl is also a Showcase tv show and got picked up by SyFy. I believe we watched the first season in Canada before it was picked up for USA viewers. So there's still hope yet.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Lost Girl is also a Showcase tv show and got picked up by SyFy. I believe we watched the first season in Canada before it was picked up for USA viewers. So there's still hope yet.
    Well, this is a little glimmer of light!

Probie

Unfortunately there is still no new information on airing in other country's then Canada.

Mean while there is a new trailer:

Nice trailer, really looking forward to this. Bad guy Bra'tac, he's such a great actor, does 'Bad' well, he was pretty creepy in 'Dexter'!

Came across this in today's Vancouver Sun.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...846/story.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...847/story.html

Is there any news on this getting a showing in the UK?
    Cause this show looks interesting.

Probie

Unfortunately nothing is known yet on other broadcasters picking up the show. US will most likely be first. As for the rest of the world, nothing is known yet.

Are there Canadian TV shows being shown in the UK?

I know it can take a lot of time (In some countries that is) before European networks pick up american TV shows.
    It took the Dutch networks a few years to get a hold of Dexter. On the other hand, Daybreak picked up while it was still being aired in the US.
    Who was Bra'tac in Dexter again? Can not remember seeing him in the series.

How is that in the UK? Are they a bit timely with their series? Or are you still waiting for a lot of shows to be picked up?
    The UK has a habit of making good shows themselves. Does that influence things?

Quote Originally Posted by Finley View Post
    Unfortunately nothing is known yet on other broadcasters picking up the show. US will most likely be first. As for the rest of the world, nothing is known yet.

I know it can take a lot of time (In some countries that is) before European networks pick up american TV shows.
    It took the Dutch networks a few years to get a hold of Dexter. On the other hand, Daybreak picked up while it was still being aired in the US.

How is that in the UK? Are they a bit timely with their series? Or are you still waiting for a lot of shows to be picked up?
    The UK has a habit of making good shows themselves. Does that influence things?
    Lost Girl is being shown over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Finley View Post

The UK has a habit of making good shows themselves. Does that influence things
    ?
    FX is quite good with US shows, we get The Walking Dead and NCIS normally a week or two after episodes air in the US, normally more though with NCIS.
    We also got SG1, SGA and SGU and Sanctuary one week after the US, but now Sanctuary seems to take ages to air here in the UK.
    And yes, the UK does have a habit of making good shows

I don't recall many Canadian made shows making it to be shown in the UK. The only one I discovered that seemed to do better in the UK than it did in Canada was 'Due South', I loved that show.

I don't know if things have changed a bit since I left the UK 6 years ago now, but Canadian made exports to the US seem to be few and far between.

All I can say though, having just seen the pilot episode I sure hope everyone outside Canada gets a chance to see it. I really liked it, the special effects are really good with some lovely ideas of believable future gadgets. It already has two believable interesting lead characters. A great story line as well, I was blown away by the start and sure hope it continues as it started.

I absolutely love it that Vancouver is starring as itself finally, I can watch it and not be taken out of the story when seeing familiar landmarks standing in for somewhere else.

Probie

Just finished watching the pilot and joined to say that this show is one of my new favorites. Hope you guys in other countries get the chance to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    I don't recall many Canadian made shows making it to be shown in the UK. The only one I discovered that seemed to do better in the UK than it did in Canada was 'Due South', I loved that show.

I don't know if things have changed a bit since I left the UK 6 years ago now, but Canadian made exports to the US seem to be few and far between.

All I can say though, having just seen the pilot episode I sure hope everyone outside Canada gets a chance to see it. I really liked it, the special effects are really good with some lovely ideas of believable future gadgets. It already has two believable interesting lead characters. A great story line as well, I was blown away by the start and sure hope it continues as it started.

I absolutely love it that Vancouver is starring as itself finally, I can watch it and not be taken out of the story when seeing familiar landmarks standing in for somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trek604 View Post
    Just finished watching the pilot and joined to say that this show is one of my new favorites. Hope you guys in other countries get the chance to see it.
    Agree with both here. Great pilot.
    Liked all the gadgets and the city looked awesome. LOL at when she turned her trousers black
    Interesting ending too.

Yeah. That was really interesting and well-done, IMHO.
    Some action scenes could've been better, tho' (the indoor one. felt like it stretched on for too long and was kinda cliche). The guy cop also seemed a bit 'stiff' at times.
    Anyway, I'll be looking forward to future episodes.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43546&dateline=1312852922

I think
    Spoiler:
    Old Alex knew what was going to happen during the execution (you can see he was expecting it, no surprise on his face at all) and that his younger selfs theory about time travel (how this is all part of the original timeline) is the right one. I think his "long overdue" comment to Kiera in the end was a little nod to that.

I was pretty impressed with the first episode. The writers did an excellent job of cutting through many episodes worth of details and still left the viewer feeling they understood the plot of the story. I guess they did a much better job than I'm doing trying to explain what I like about the pace of the show!

I guess, as a viewer, I liked how effortlessly I was brought into the story without any of those head-scratching moments that most shows take weeks to bring the viewer up to speed.

Also, where do I know the character Alec from? Does he ring any bells with anyone?

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    I think
    Spoiler:
    Old Alex knew what was going to happen during the execution (you can see he was expecting it, no surprise on his face at all) and that his younger selfs theory about time travel (how this is all part of the original timeline) is the right one. I think his "long overdue" comment to Kiera in the end was a little nod to that.
    Spoiler:
    Do we know if Sadcorp (sp?) is actually a good guy or a villain? If it is, then he could be in on it. Evil corporations and all...

I'm sorry, missed the first post in the thread! Jericho, I knew he looked familiar. Thanks!

Anyone else think Kiera looked alot like Jodie Foster?

Watched the pilot earlier today.... five minutes in and i was hooked.

Spoiler:
    So.... which theory is the show going to be going with? and is Cigarette smoking man evil or good?
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7549/bannerx2.jpg

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'