No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also don't go to the movie theater but that is because I'm a cheapskate. I'll wait 3 months and spend $3 to rent the movie instead of wasting $30
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

There is something to be said for going to the cinema with a bunch of friends, and experiencing a film on the big screen.

Which is what I'm doing in a couple of weeks time. Midnight screening of "Captain Marvel" at the Glasgow Science Centre IMAX.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Putting something away in a safe place, and being unable to remember where the hell you put the damn thing when you actually need it.
        Story of my life. Learned to live with it and not to panic (which I usually do).

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        They got new rooms with supercomfortable seats (so much so I almost fall asleep every time) and they allow booze in the theater now. I can finally get drunk by myself in the dark, among strangers, which is nice.

It's the new trend! It hasn't reached you guys yet?
        The booze yes, the comfy seats no.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And don't start me on the lack of legroom in cinemas.

I've got bad knees and have to stretch out a bit, so I have to pick an aisle seat.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Story of my life. Learned to live with it and not to panic (which I usually do).

The booze yes, the comfy seats no.
            No booze allowed here, and even it was, you have to drive home after the movie...

Comment

Pet Peeve..

Stargate Command said my Founders Patch would be sent out at end of December. Gee, it's almost March 2019 and no patch yet.

Comment

Train fares.

Why does a single fare cost almost as much as a return fare?

You're only going half the distance, so logically it should only cost half as much.
                sigpic

Comment

Wackos and their megaphones berating folks about religious stuff.

No I don't want to see your pro-life repulsive images of half-eaten zombie babies.
                  No I don't want to hear about how easy it is to accept Jesus in my heart.
                  No I don't want to know how bad Islam is VS Christianity.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Train fares.

Why does a single fare cost almost as much as a return fare?

You're only going half the distance, so logically it should only cost half as much.
                    Wait... wut? Single fare and return fare is the same is it not?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Single fare = one way. Return fare = there and back again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm.. right. Makes sense.. return you know, you go back... okay I feel stupid now
                        Spoiler:

Comment

When did this start ? You go to Disney, or any other theme park, and when you stand on line at the food places, you have yourself, the guy within your arms reach in front of you, and the guy behind you within arms reach of you, then the guy in front of the guy in front of you just out of arms reach.... But you go to McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever, and the guy in front of you is 12 feet from the guy in front of him at the counter.....

When did that start ?? I mean honestly, 12 feet between the guy in front of me, and the guy getting waited on at the counter. I get in front of the guy hanging back.

I dont see it in movies, but, when did it start ? Why all of a sudden now is there people hanging back from the guy getting waited on at the counter ??? Are there invisible people in front of him ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            When did this start ? You go to Disney, or any other theme park, and when you stand on line at the food places, you have yourself, the guy within your arms reach in front of you, and the guy behind you within arms reach of you, then the guy in front of the guy in front of you just out of arms reach.... But you go to McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever, and the guy in front of you is 12 feet from the guy in front of him at the counter.....

When did that start ?? I mean honestly, 12 feet between the guy in front of me, and the guy getting waited on at the counter. I get in front of the guy hanging back.

I dont see it in movies, but, when did it start ? Why all of a sudden now is there people hanging back from the guy getting waited on at the counter ??? Are there invisible people in front of him ?
                            some of them may have ordered already and were just waiting for their food and probably not wanting to clutter up the area near the service counter while they were waiting...not a problem now though as it seems like most of the McD's places in my area are going the "self-serve kiosk" route (this is what happens when the government places rather onerous business costs on businesses...cutting staff and replacing them with self-serve computers).

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

I think it's an extension of the distance banks encourage in their lines with the "wait here" signs, in order to provide privacy for banking transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                some of them may have ordered already and were just waiting for their food and probably not wanting to clutter up the area near the service counter while they were waiting...not a problem now though as it seems like most of the McD's places in my area are going the "self-serve kiosk" route (this is what happens when the government places rather onerous business costs on businesses...cutting staff and replacing them with self-serve computers).
                                I'd rather self-order than wait in line like a penguin to order, then wait again to get my order, while fighting my way through families ordering feasts for their younglings.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X