No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then there was the Great Electric Fire Argument of 2018.

We've a small electric fire in the living room. I sometimes put it on for half an hour or so in winter while I have my breakfast.

One time, mum comes puttering in and insists I'm using it wrong.

Note that the fire only has three buttons on the control panel - on/off, low heat, and high heat.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Then there was the Great Electric Fire Argument of 2018.

We've a small electric fire in the living room. I sometimes put it on for half an hour or so in winter while I have my breakfast.

One time, mum comes puttering in and insists I'm using it wrong.

Note that the fire only has three buttons on the control panel - on/off, low heat, and high heat.

Mum's always right, you know.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH for not continuing the rewatch is my current pet peeve
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          FH for not continuing the rewatch is my current pet peeve
          Then I have good news... we're moving forward from this weekend onward.
          And I don't plan to stop until the end credits of Stargate Origins roll across the screen -- in a manner of speaking (5 years from now).

Comment

Phone scammers.

Just got a call on the landline, allegedly from the "BT Technical Department", saying that my internet is about to be cut off.

Hah! Yeah right!

I don't get my home internet from BT. I don't get my mobile phone internet from BT.

So, yeah, nice try.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Narrow bathrooms in hotel rooms!

I've been in Edinburgh all weekend for Edinburgh Comic Con, and I'm staying at the Apex Hotel in the Haymarket area of the city. It's about fifteen minutes walk away from the venue.

I've no quibbles with the rest of my room. The bed is really comfy. Plenty of space to move around in. A big TV. Plenty of electrical sockets to charge my tech.

However - and I don't want to go into graphic detail here, and have one of the Mods chew my ear off - the bathroom is tiny!

When I sit for a "Number 2", my right elbow is resting on the wash basin, and my left elbow on the toilet roll dispenser.

I tell you, I damn near had to dislocate my shoulder in order to wipe my own backside.
              sigpic

Comment

I tell you, I damn near had to dislocate my shoulder in order to wipe my own backside.

Man thanks for the laugh. So to recap, you basically took a dump in the cobra kung-fu stance?

Hilarious.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Basically, yeah.

I mean, fair enough I'm carrying a wee bit more weight than is good for me, and I've a bit of a belly, but honestly...
                  sigpic

Comment

As the Peeve continues..

Still no Founders Patch from Stargate Command, and the cost of renewing is going up to $36 from $20. Glad I don't have auto renew.

Comment

My mother complaining about trivial stuff yet again.

Apparently, when he was over on Sunday afternoon, while he was helping mum change the sheets on her bed, my brother opened her bedroom windows.

Mum doesn't like open windows. She has this strange notion that the act of opening and closing a window somehow damages it.

So, now it's Wednesday afternoon, and she's moaning at me about it. All but accusing him of trying to kill her off.

I'm opening and closing her windows, locking and unlocking them, and she's standing at my back complaining that I'm not doing it right.
                      sigpic

Comment

Mum doesn't like open windows. She has this strange notion that the act of opening and closing a window somehow damages it.
                        Well, she's right. With any moving object, there is mechanical wear...

Comment

Narrow bathrooms in hotel rooms!

I've been in Edinburgh all weekend for Edinburgh Comic Con, and I'm staying at the Apex Hotel in the Haymarket area of the city. It's about fifteen minutes walk away from the venue.

I've no quibbles with the rest of my room. The bed is really comfy. Plenty of space to move around in. A big TV. Plenty of electrical sockets to charge my tech.

However - and I don't want to go into graphic detail here, and have one of the Mods chew my ear off - the bathroom is tiny!

When I sit for a "Number 2", my right elbow is resting on the wash basin, and my left elbow on the toilet roll dispenser.

porta potties are even worse....same lack of maneuvering room AND the added "bonus" of a rather malodorous environment

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                            Still no Founders Patch from Stargate Command, and the cost of renewing is going up to $36 from $20. Glad I don't have auto renew.
                            I thought they were send at the end of March -- or so I thought I last read on the feed.

Since you renewed, you were automatically given 3 months extra + the title of "Original Gater" + Founding member patch + all-access.

Which when I put it that way, and the price for a year really is going to be 36$, every Original Gater would be paying more for less months, in comparison to someone getting a year or 12 months for 36 dollars.

Peeve stands...

Comment

Idiot online customer services.

I ordered a couple of items from a website this morning, but apparently payment won't go through until I send them a copy of a bank statement showing that I've ordered from them before.

Which is all very well, I suppose. But the thing is I haven't ordered from this particular site before.

And can customer services wrap their brains round this? No. They cannot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Idiot online customer services.

I ordered a couple of items from a website this morning, but apparently payment won't go through until I send them a copy of a bank statement showing that I've ordered from them before.

Which is all very well, I suppose. But the thing is I haven't ordered from this particular site before.

And can customer services wrap their brains round this? No. They cannot.
                                Do you really need to buy whatever it is from that site?
                                That is the only message businesses understand, if they understand anything at all. Customers leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X