Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Do you really need to buy whatever it is from that site?
    That is the only message businesses understand, if they understand anything at all. Customers leaving.
    Basically, the only reason I went with this site was because it was so cheap. A S.H.I.E.L.D t-shirt, a new holster for my prop pistol, and another item costing me just over £30 including shipping.

I was going round and round in circles with their customer services, so I've cancelled my order and deleted my account. Life's too short.

In future I'll stick to websites I've bought stuff from in the past, and that I know and can trust.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I thought they were send at the end of March -- or so I thought I last read on the feed.

Since you renewed, you were automatically given 3 months extra + the title of "Original Gater" + Founding member patch + all-access.

Which when I put it that way, and the price for a year really is going to be 36$, every Original Gater would be paying more for less months, in comparison to someone getting a year or 12 months for 36 dollars.

Peeve stands...
      Still no Founders Patch. I only renewed once so I'm not an "Original Gater".

Comment

Yeah, thanks a lot Hermes Delivery guy!

Don't bother yourself ringing the bell, or knocking, just leave my parcel on the front doorstep and bugger off again.

I've been in all morning, waiting, and only found out my parcel had been delivered when I checked the tracking info on their website.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Yeah, thanks a lot Hermes Delivery guy!

Don't bother yourself ringing the bell, or knocking, just leave my parcel on the front doorstep and bugger off again.

I've been in all morning, waiting, and only found out my parcel had been delivered when I checked the tracking info on their website.
          Good thing you got to it before a package thief did

Comment

NYC is already plotting to reduce RED meat / meat consumption by 50% within the next 5 years. Mayor Bill DeBlasio has been announcing this stuff for the past month. On March 28, 2019, he signed by "Executive Order" (LAW) the enforcement rules for "congestive driving". Yes, some NYC streets need reduced transit routes, but NYC is NYC...and the "L.I.E." (Long Island Expressway) is nicknamed as the world's longest parking lot! Bring some snacks while driving, cause you'll need them, plus a way out of traffic to find a restroom, if needed for that 4-hour plus journey back into NJ, crossing NYC traffic jams and bridges.

So, to help balance our world back into carbon neutral zone...reduce farts and environmentally *toxic* gases/fumes from vehicles, along with the NYC's (year 2020) congestive driving rules TAXing to the financial HILT to people who are already being screwed up time-wise, etc., how many folks already do NOT eat 6 days solid of (red)meat per week, now? I was taught to eat balanced meals per day and per week, so that the body can work with a variety of nutrients provided within nature's bounty/harvests.

So, how many folks already eat PB&J sandwiches most days of the week or mix it up with "processed deli meats"? I've been living mostly with PB&J lunches for years (decades, actually)...When I'm not eating P&J on whole wheat, I've been chomping down cumcumbers (to heal dry skin issues... which sometimes actually helps). Delicious with vinegar! yum! But I like variety now and then, too...!
            Breakfast? Nutritional (powder) supplement with reduced FAT milk/nut milk(s).
            Supper? Hot dogs or burgers? Can't afford red meat more than 3 days / week (usually, only 2 days with one ultra lean meat (need the extra B-12), but also need liver now & then for IRON!). Cheese & Noodles, salads... (fresh) poultry, fish.

Processed deli meats? For me? RARELY (not a fan of "preserved" deli meats). Gotta be in the mood to do that. But need to counter starches with PROTEIN from somewhere!!! I Do like variety once in a while from living on too much PB&J. BTW, PB&J isn't cheap any more either! Reduced sugar PB with sugar free jams is better than regular (for my family)... and "Organic" tends to be expensive and sometimes overly oily.

BTW, certain multi-vitamins don't work to their full potential in some people. I happen to be one of those people, and need to take separate B-vitamins, because I cannot take B-1 and B-2 in "pill" form supplement (it's toxic...I got Hypervitaminosis / seriously ill from taking it). So, balancing a nutritious meal plan often requires finding the right vitamin and mineral supplements for the body to grow / heal properly. There is no way in creation, that any one person could possibly eat all of the foods needed without some form of supplement diet to go with it and still stay *reasonably* skinny. And "energy drinks" taste awful... IMHO...!

Comment

Comics where text boxes are presented in a character's handwriting.

I have enough trouble reading my own handwriting, never mind someone else's.
              sigpic

Comment

People who don't pick up after their dogs.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

The internet being spectacularly unhelpful.
                  sigpic

Comment

People slamming car doors in the dead of night
                    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Yeah, and drunk people arguing with themselves in the street outside your bedroom window at three in the morning.
                      sigpic

Comment

^Yes. People have no consideration for anyone else
                        Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Yeah, and drunk people arguing with themselves in the street outside your bedroom window at three in the morning.
                          or neighbors being picked up by someone and their ride beeping their horn for them to come out instead of...you know...getting their lazy backsides out of the car, walking up the the door, and either knocking on it or better still, ringing this nifty little device called a doorbell

Comment

On the rare occasions I'm returning home late from a day out, I do my damnedest to be as quiet as I can soas not to disturb any neighbours.
                            sigpic

Comment

Conventions using wifi wristbands to check-in.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                                Conventions using wifi wristbands to check-in.
                                Oh dear.

I was at a Stargate con in London back in 2006, and our tickets had a barcode on them that you swiped every time you went in or out of the building.

Needless to say, it hardly worked in the way it was intended to.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X