Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    A friend of mine is restoring an ex-British Army Daimler Ferret scout car - a sort of post-WWII step up from a Jeep/Land Rover, but not quite a tank.

He's found a McDonald's drive-thru within easy driving distance which, if he pulled up in the Ferret, offers up the enticing possibility of blocking three roads and a carwash.
    That actually sounds like a lot of fun. Imagine the looks on other drivers.

My pet peeve for today:

Election advertising. Why the hell do we need it?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

My pet peeve for today:

Fake news?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

My pet peeve for today:

Because aopparently elections are designed to see how many lies can be told by both parties before one voter decides to either vote for the guy with hte least lies and most truths. or otherwise

For me personally I look up what attack ads for a certain party are for, and then focus on other things. for example the latest govenor of a state was in an attack ad concerning tax hikes and lack of representation at a certain trial in Lansing. I looked into it extensively, turned out to be false with some half truths and a truth or two at best.

Most of the "election advertising" is a means to make voters hate whoever is running for them is my guess

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My pet peeve for today:

How else would the candidate get their message to the voters?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Nope.. The primary cause is location. While the lines at the restaurants themselves are sometimes long and slow at some of the places (Taco Bell is horrible), the main delays aren't the restaurants themselves, it's the traffic, stoplights and such you have to go through just to get to them. The only blame for the restaurants is where they chose to locate themselves.
            nah a lot of understaffing goes on in food service too....at least in my neck of the woods anyway....with again the subway I used to work at being a case in point....cutting staff to the point that there was only enough staff for one person per shift even during lunch hour....and then the higher-ups would wonder why we'd get so disgruntled

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
              Computer: Would you like an order of flash drive fries with that?

*snort*

Comment

Don't start me on understaffing/undermanning jobs. Amazon are past masters at this.

One of the jobs I did was a two to three man job, depending on the time of day. Yet there'd be times I was running it solo for the better part of an hour, until a Team Lead and/or Manager started flapping round like a headless chicken demanding to know what the holdup was.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Don't start me on understaffing/undermanning jobs. Amazon are past masters at this.

One of the jobs I did was a two to three man job, depending on the time of day. Yet there'd be times I was running it solo for the better part of an hour, until a Team Lead and/or Manager started flapping round like a headless chicken demanding to know what the holdup was.
                  In my opinion, this is endemic in most businesses because the people who make the decisions haven't actually done the job or jobs in question; manangement doesn't work their way up the ranks anymore, they get their "experience" by paying large sums of money to the education industry which fills their heads with theoretical felgercarb from books written by people who have no practical experience in the field either.

To cite a real world example, I've actually heard a corporate muckity-muck stand in front of a meeting of employees and state "by giving this or these customers poor service, we are actually serving them better because it allows us to give more people service."

Myself, I don't know how anyone could stand up and say such a thing, but that's what we get from college, rather than education by working your way up the ranks in that business.

Comment

Yeah, I've lost count of the times I've had to retrain someone how to do my job, because a member of the training department did it wrong.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                      Pet Peeve..

Stargate Command said my Founders Patch would be sent out at end of December. Gee, it's almost March 2019 and no patch yet.
                      As the peeve continues..
                      Today, I sent an email to StargateCommand asking about the Founders Patch. I received a response with an excuse that there were problems with the previous manufacturer and now a new manufacturer is making the patches. We will be updated soon concerning delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                        As the peeve continues..
                        Today, I sent an email to StargateCommand asking about the Founders Patch. I received a response with an excuse that there were problems with the previous manufacturer and now a new manufacturer is making the patches. We will be updated soon concerning delivery.
                        I hope you get it soon, and there are no quality issues. I can very easily imagine the "problems with the previous manufacturer" being they were charging too much, and the new mfr is cutting corners.

Comment

Anti-vaxxers. Should be considered a public health hazard.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            Yes.
                            Vaccination is not a "Maybe" issue. we have had the proof of it for decades.
                            They can bring their non vaccinated children into schools after they sign a legal indemnity form.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                              Agree with you I do.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Yes.
                              Vaccination is not a "Maybe" issue. we have had the proof of it for decades.
                              They can bring their non vaccinated children into schools after they sign a legal indemnity form.
                              Umm.. No. While it is your right to be stupid when it comes to raising your own kids, you do not have the right to risk infecting other people's kids. I don't care what form you have, if your kids haven't been vaccinated, they shouldn't be allowed in public schools. And legal penalties for not sending your kids to school should be applied.

I don't think the state has the right to directly force parents to vaccinate against their beliefs. But it does have the right to protect other kids.

Comment

The anti-vaxxers movement was based on one study, from a certain Dr. Wakefield. Wakefield's ''study'' was based on a big 12 individuals, but the best part is that it was to make his case in a lawsuit against a pharmaceutical. He's since been radiated.

We actually had an outbreak of measles in a school here a couple weeks back. Also read an article about this lady which her newly born child nearly died from a multitude of infections.

But hey, so many idiots around nowadays with the rise of populism and internet stupidity that this is STILL believed to be true by many. What a world we live in.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X