Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1540

Default Re: Post a pet peeve.

Back to the speed limits issue.....

Going on a 45KPH limit road, and going the limit of 45KPH exactly, and some idiot in a charger or other souped up car blasts by you with is bad bass radio doing above ground nuke tests that can shatter windows for miles, and all you can do is wonder where the ditch he'll end up in is

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    Back to the speed limits issue.....

Going on a 45KPH limit road, and going the limit of 45KPH exactly, and some idiot in a charger or other souped up car blasts by you with is bad bass radio doing above ground nuke tests that can shatter windows for miles, and all you can do is wonder where the ditch he'll end up in is
    We're going nowhere mighty fast.....

People who drive 15 miles BELOW the limit; I have as working speed sensor now, I got it repaired, so now I know how fast the idiot in front of me slowing down all traffic is really going. 40 in a 55 zone SPEED UP BUDDY!

But he wont speed up, so rather then me getting honked at I try to get as far to the side as I can so the people backing up behind me can see that I'm not the reason for the backup in traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    This is actually a serious problem, very often the cause of road rage.

What they ought to do is require that drivers pull over and allow faster traffic to pass them upon request with flashing the headlights being the signal.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

We're going nowhere mighty fast.....
    And sometimes it happens to me on the HIGHWAY guy easily going twice the legal limit and I'm looking around going "Where the heck is a cop ?"

And dont get me started ont he weekly power outage because people fail to slow down on a curve and slam dead on into the powerpole at the end of my driveway

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

And sometimes it happens to me on the HIGHWAY guy easily going twice the legal limit and I'm looking around going "Where the heck is a cop ?"

And dont get me started ont he weekly power outage because people fail to slow down on a curve and slam dead on into the powerpole at the end of my driveway
    What I'm pointing out is that if he's going faster than you think he should, you want to call a cop. But if he's going slower than you think he should, he needs to speed up.

How about the slower drivers be required to pull over and let the faster drivers get by them, and everyone drives the speed they are comfortable with?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Teal'c Re: Post a pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    to be fair text messages can be easily lost or corrupted in transit....maybe try calling the person?
    I'll be seeing him tonight, so I'll ask in person.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    I'll be seeing him tonight, so I'll ask in person.
    If you can pry him out of his phone that is....

Another peeve, gas prices are a rollercoaster of ups and downs PICK A PRICE AND STICK TO IT!!
    $1/gal. sounds good to me.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Quote Originally Posted by pscard View Post
    Paying 1.25$/liter here. Gimme!
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Teal'c Re: Post a pet peeve.

Yeah, thanks a lot Hermes Delivery guy!

Don't bother yourself ringing the bell, or knocking, just leave my parcel on the front doorstep and bugger off again.
    This again.

I went out to go and so some shopping, and there's a package propped up against the front door.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by pscard View Post
    don't know where you are but gas prices haven't been as low as $1 per gallon here in the US for quite some time now, though today's prices would seem quite the bargain to people who suffered the gas shortages of the Carter administration

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/parkin...barnacle-boot/ - this could become quite the annoyance if property owners decide to use these to run parking fee scams

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/parkin...barnacle-boot/ - this could become quite the annoyance if property owners decide to use these to run parking fee scams
    I don't think that's a risk. These things can't be cheap, and unless the property owner has the force of law behind them to prohibit damage to the "barnacle", anyone with a few brain cells should be able to get one of these off their car, if they don't have to worry about damaging it. The scam victims would just destroy the device, and the scammer would have to keep buying new ones.

I don't think that's a risk. These things can't be cheap, and unless the property owner has the force of law behind them to prohibit damage to the "barnacle", anyone with a few brain cells should be able to get one of these off their car, if they don't have to worry about damaging it. The scam victims would just destroy the device, and the scammer would have to keep buying new ones.
    read about a McD's in Poughkeepsie that was using these to run parking scams on customers that parked there and went elsehwere even if they came back and bought food and drink from the McD's

and also it sounds like to brute force the thing off with your bare hands you would have to be the Hulk as it involves overcoming 700 lbs of suction force

don't know where you are but gas prices haven't been as low as $1 per gallon here in the US for quite some time now, though today's prices would seem quite the bargain to people who suffered the gas shortages of the Carter administration
    Shell, Chevron, Circle K, Quicktrip are all over $3/gal in Phoenix area
    Star Trek: The Original Series is and always shall be my favorite Star Trek television series

read about a McD's in Poughkeepsie that was using these to run parking scams on customers that parked there and went elsehwere even if they came back and bought food and drink from the McD's
    Well, that's not a "scam". The McD's provides parking while eating at their restaurant. But still. towing would be a better choice. If the scofflaw decides to destroy the device, I don't think the McD's can do much about it once it's off their property.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

The internet being spectacularly unhelpful.
    Software help forums even less...

Yeah, and drunk people arguing with themselves in the street outside your bedroom window at three in the morning.
    I find that 1 icecold bucket of water can solve that problem in seconds.

Tried and tested -- 100% guarantee of success.

Quote Originally Posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
    Not happy with Phoenix Fan Fusion wristbands
    Never heard conventions do it, until now, but it's the going rate at music festivals over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Paying 1.25$/liter here. Gimme!
    1.45 € / liter (diesel) -- what are you all complaining about?
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Well, that's not a "scam". The McD's provides parking while eating at their restaurant. But still. towing would be a better choice. If the scofflaw decides to destroy the device, I don't think the McD's can do much about it once it's off their property.
    ....which the victims of this SCAM were doing....yeah they had business next door to the McD's but it took all of maybe 30 seconds to complete and they went in to McD's with every intent to purchase meals...but if that's the way they're gonna treat potential customers who might want to take care of other business nearby before eating there...well I doubt that McD's location will last long as more and more customers refuse to be treated in that manner...and they might find a bunch of defeated Barnacles on heir doorstep in the process too

I say make it illegal for anyone other than traffic/parking law enforcement to apply these devices...if they make these things commercially available to any Tom, Dick, and Harry, that increases their scam potential by a wide margin as anybody with a grudge against you can apply one to your windshield

but evidently there are ways to defeat them that involve a little technical know-how in how to create equal pressure against the suction pressure and have it pop right off

presumably it could also be defeated by simply removing your whole windshield and having it replaced...in many cases for much less than what you'd be paying to the scam artists that applied the device

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Software help forums even less...

I find that 1 icecold bucket of water can solve that problem in seconds.

Tried and tested -- 100% guarantee of success.

Never heard conventions do it, until now, but it's the going rate at music festivals over here.

1.45 € / liter (diesel) -- what are you all complaining about?
    dumping liquid nitrogen on them would be even better

It was $1/gal. in 1991.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9