No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people make fun of my "country accent", even when they have the SAME accent!

Comment

Sparkly vampires. Actually, no, just vampires. Sparkly ones just annoy me more because they're a waste of perfectly good sparkle.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        Sparkly vampires. Actually, no, just vampires. Sparkly ones just annoy me more because they're a waste of perfectly good sparkle.
        Vamps are pet peeve of mine too. However, a well-written and acted vampire (Nick Cutler from Being Human UK comes to mind) can be very compelling. Werewolves are far more interesting in my opinion.

As for the sparkle, any use of it must be accompanied with the proper sound effects.
        sigpic

Comment

the way Canadians talk
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Pet Peeves? You are actually asking for my pet peeves?
            Ok. Here are a few of mine.

Colleagues who arrive late to relieve me when I am due to finish my shift.
            The ever increasing prices of bus fares.
            Drivers who do not indicate where they are going when I'm trying to cross the road.
            Extended Warranties on electrical goods.
            Not being able to see my neices.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

People who walk right in front of you and don't bother apologizing or saying excuse me, sometimes i just feel like continuing walking along the same path instead of moving out there way (and walking into them), but i'm too nice

Another one to this, people who walk right in front of you, and just stand there and start browsing at stuff or talking to someone, it drives me nuts

People who don't respect other people or other peoples stuff
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 15 April 2012, 03:19 AM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Another peeve of mine is...

Intolerant people, especially people who do not respect another persons choice of lifestyle.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

i 100% agree with ^ & ^^
                  and when your out with kids and people near you swear and if you ask them to stop they keep going
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

People who just stop in the middle of a road, bicycle lane or street without any warning and then continue to either just stand there or go to the side without any signaling/indication.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

God, don't get me started!

People who walk down the street while texting or otherwise using their phone/iPod so they're not looking where they're going.

People who say that you shouldn't listen to the same music as your parents. (I saw this a lot on the last forum I was on, even with one of my favourite people...)

Smokers, litterbugs

Cyclists who ride on the pavement which doesn't have a cycle path, and the ones who are on the road that don't stop at lights or think they can do what they want and that they don't have to obey the rules of the road because they're not in cars. Because of them, people probably think I'm the same when I'm on my bike.

And while we're at it, motorists who cut me off or think they have the right of way over me because I'm 'just a cyclist'.
                      And the ones who don't signal too.

Green Day.

People who mistreat CDs, records and/or books.

People who don't know how to relax. Makes me edgy...

Salespeople and cold callers. Circular junkmail too.

Gender and sexuality stereotyping.

When people use phrases like "At the end of the day" and "You know what I'm saying?"
                      Oh, and when people use the word "like" when talking about what they or someone else said, as in "And she was like "...", then I was like "...""

Irresponsible parents, particularly the ones who, when their kid is acting up in pubic right near you, say something like "Stop that or that lady will tell you off!" Yeah, that's supposed to be their job, not yours.

Maybe just people in general!
                      Oh yeah, and the fact that I keep pressing the ';' key instead of the 'L' key!!!

Wow, that was long...! 0.o;
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

peeps who stand in shop doorways gabbing when others are trying to access the shop.
                        sigpic

Comment

When your watching a dvd and the music/sound effects are louder than the voices
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Gracious! I'm sure I've a long list, but since it says "a" pet peeve, I'll dole them out a bit at a time. First:

Screaming babies or children and the parents ignore them.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                              the way Canadians talk

How do you feel about the way Canadians type?
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Dirty socks all over my house, left wherever they came off.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Working...
                                X