No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Followers on twitter who suddenly realize that get all of you and not just the fandom they followed you for.

People, you're all in and I have bloody opinions you might not agree with -- we can talk about them in a civil manner and I am even going to apologize if I'm wrong, but bloody hell if you can't handle the heat, don't hit the follow button.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Had joined AAA to use the Travel. Tried to book a one way flight to Vancouver, but reservation said "must give return date". Other travel companies allow one way bookings. Not everyone flies back home.

Comment

I know complaining about the weather is practically an Olympic level sport for us Brits, but I really wish it would make up its bloody mind.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          I know complaining about the weather is practically an Olympic level sport for us Brits, but I really wish it would make up its bloody mind.
          gettin' a little sick of the Buffalo weather roller-coaster ride myself

thankfully it seems to be trending warmer...still a couple of cool shots with some possible wet snow showers in store for us but thankfully nothing as bad as the arctic air we had a couple weeks back

Comment

"Energy Star" Washers that take 2 hours to clean a wash load! Tried to set it with pre-soak, and that was estimated at 2&1/2 hours!

I thought these energy efficient washers were to SAVE energy, not use more of it! Turned on the Fabric Softener feature and that added another 30 minutes! My first washer took about 45 minutes to wash with a nice sized water load to agitate. New one does NOT agitate properly... it just sits in the water and barely moves side to side, with no massive tumbling. Last washer did the same thing, but took less time to wash. At least that one was just 1&1/2 hours.

I miss my first washer -- at least it had proper agitation... it didn't have unlimited water levels. And now new one has either NO water level or filled to the top water for half of a (dry/fluffed up) washer load.

Comment

WHO classifiying COVID-19 as a pandemic, thanks a lot, now its not going to die down all this panic. I was hoping, watching, waiting for the panic to die out, to be able to let my mom buy hand sanitizer for 3 bucks again. but noo, WHO just had to screw us over.

grrr

Dont get me started on lack of florida traffic laws

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

People being late to work, especially if it's an opening shift and especially if I'm the manager opening the building. I can't go into the building by myself (well I can if no one else shows up, but I have to send an email to district managers and stuff), so it's very annoying. I have no clue in the morning if whoever in scheduled with me is planning on showing up or if they're just running late since no one calls because most of the time they don't actually know who the opening manager is and if they call the store earlier than their scheduled shift no one is in there. And most of the people I work with are under the impression that on time means they're pulling into the parking lot at their scheduled time, it's not. It's having your stuff away and being ready to clock in and start working at your scheduled start time. I'm going into work now. I'm 99% sure whoever I'm scheduled with is not going to be on time.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm always late... but I can't help it. I have an impaired sense of time. Part of my brain chemistry being all wired differently.
                  Unfortunately my teamlead thinks I'm doing it on purpose to spite her or something ... even though she knows I can't help it.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I get really bad anxiety and I have to be early so I can relax and prepare myself. I can't rush rush from one place to another, it pretty much makes me sick. So I get to work 20-30 mins early and sit in my car to prepare myself. When people are late it raises my stress levels again lol. The girl I'm scheduled with this morning lives like 5mins away. She's not here yet, she's got 1 min to get here. She runs late because she gets up late, that's the reason pretty much everyone gives me, that or they needed to drop other people off at other places.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                      "Energy Star" Washers that take 2 hours to clean a wash load! Tried to set it with pre-soak, and that was estimated at 2&1/2 hours!

I thought these energy efficient washers were to SAVE energy, not use more of it! Turned on the Fabric Softener feature and that added another 30 minutes! My first washer took about 45 minutes to wash with a nice sized water load to agitate. New one does NOT agitate properly... it just sits in the water and barely moves side to side, with no massive tumbling. Last washer did the same thing, but took less time to wash. At least that one was just 1&1/2 hours.

I miss my first washer -- at least it had proper agitation... it didn't have unlimited water levels. And now new one has either NO water level or filled to the top water for half of a (dry/fluffed up) washer load.
                      That's what happens when the government dictates the design of your appliances. I had to buy a Dishwasher last year, and it uses more energy and runs for more than twice as long as the 40 year old unit it replaced. I've already purchased a used washer in good condition to replace the current one when it eventually fails. It can sit in the basement till needed. Better than the ones you can buy today.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        WHO classifiying COVID-19 as a pandemic, thanks a lot, now its not going to die down all this panic. I was hoping, watching, waiting for the panic to die out, to be able to let my mom buy hand sanitizer for 3 bucks again. but noo, WHO just had to screw us over.

grrr

Dont get me started on lack of florida traffic laws
                        This whole crisis has been horribly mishandled by everyone involved, including BOTH political parties and the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          This whole crisis has been horribly mishandled by everyone involved, including BOTH political parties and the media.
                          Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to make people scared and paranoid on purpose

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to make people scared and paranoid on purpose
                            Of course they are. I will leave it as an exercise for the student to figure out why that is.

But, the government(s) have been extremely stupid and infuriating as well.

Comment

And so it begins...

Some events in the UK are being cancelled, others are being postponed.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Screenshot_20200312-174741_Chrome.jpg

Saw this on Facebook and took a sceenshot to share because I thought it was funny and I was reminded of it while reading recent posts on this thread. I honestly thought this toilet paper shortage thing was just a joke but no, when I went shopping yesterday there was barely any toilet paper in the store and I've heard it's apparently like that at other stores too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X