Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
    Still no Founders Patch. Last time I heard from Stargate Command telling me that they had to change manufacturers, and that was Feb 27.
    Happened to come across a bit of info regarding this fabulous patch... If you haven't received it by June 30th, they want you to send them a message.

But hey, you already have it virtually... Every "founding member" got a virtual patch/badge even.

Controlled discussions -- stargate command members will know what I mean...
    Talk about what we want you to talk about, not what you want to talk about.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Jamming your finger in a door and having to start a new job on Monday
      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Sunday bus services.

My mum's still in hospital, and the direct bus station to hospital bus doesn't run on a Sunday.

This means I have to get a different service, I'll still get there, it'll just take twice as long because it takes an indirect route all the way through Bandit Country.

Not for the first time, I find myself wanting to strangle the long ago member of the local town planning committee who decided "Yeah, let's build a hospital on top of a bloody big hill in the middle of nowhere, and that's vastly inconvenient to get to by public transport."
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

^Sorry to hear, and that must be incredibly frustrating. We had a hospital like that a few towns away growing up. They put it smack dab in the middle of a summer resort town where it got so busy in the summer that it took at least an hour to get there even though we were only 15 minutes away.
          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
            Jamming your finger in a door and having to start a new job on Monday
            *hugs* ...and be mindful of Soul reaver....he might offer to kiss it better for you

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              Sunday bus services.

My mum's still in hospital, and the direct bus station to hospital bus doesn't run on a Sunday.

This means I have to get a different service, I'll still get there, it'll just take twice as long because it takes an indirect route all the way through Bandit Country.

Not for the first time, I find myself wanting to strangle the long ago member of the local town planning committee who decided "Yeah, let's build a hospital on top of a bloody big hill in the middle of nowhere, and that's vastly inconvenient to get to by public transport."
              you're supposed to climb that hill...didn't you get the memo about forced exercise?

Comment

I make it a point never to read memos.

But seriously, if I tried walking up the hill, I'd probably wind up having my first heart attack.

The road is perfectly passable in good weather, mildly hazardous in heavy rain, and damn near lethal in winter conditions.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  *hugs* ...and be mindful of Soul reaver....he might offer to kiss it better for you
                  Thanks!

And duly noted

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    I make it a point never to read memos.

But seriously, if I tried walking up the hill, I'd probably wind up having my first heart attack.

The road is perfectly passable in good weather, mildly hazardous in heavy rain, and damn near lethal in winter conditions.
                    well then I reckon it's quite fortuitous that they have a hospital on top of that hill then

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      well then I reckon it's quite fortuitous that they have a hospital on top of that hill then
                      It's their attempt to reign in health care costs.

Comment

Still no Founders Patch

Comment

Have we done bureaucracy lately?

I was in Glasgow a couple of days ago for a follow up appointment at the Glasgow Dental Hospital.

Despite me having proof of ID and my original appointment letter, the woman in the back office refused to reimburse my travelling expenses.

Which annoys me, because her colleague that I saw three months ago after my initial appointment accepted everything without question.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                            Still no Founders Patch
                            The 30th of June has not come and gone yet... They have 5 days left for them to arrive.

Saw people on twitter who picked them up at the SGC Lounge in Chicago so they certainly exist.

Adults who act like petulant children when they don't get their ways. Even worse when that person is a teamlead.

Comment

I had a boss like that you our entire branch. Then they promoted her
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Just installed Spotify and I'm already peeving over the damn thing...

My iPod's battery ran out -- old thing can't hold out long enough without getting regularly charged -- and I really wanted to listen to The Da Vinci Code soundtrack so I was peeved I couldn't.

So, I thought... "let me try Spotify" ...but frell me, I don't think this relationship will last long.

The commercials I have no issues with. I have a free account after all, but I take isssue with Spotify putting in "extra songs" in my Da Vinci Code playlist that I don't want to see in there. I pick my music and don't take kindly to intrusion with "suggestions" I did not ask for.

Comment

Working...
                                X