Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    read about a McD's in Poughkeepsie that was using these to run parking scams on customers that parked there and went elsehwere even if they came back and bought food and drink from the McD's
    Well, that's not a "scam". The McD's provides parking while eating at their restaurant. But still. towing would be a better choice. If the scofflaw decides to destroy the device, I don't think the McD's can do much about it once it's off their property.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      The internet being spectacularly unhelpful.
      Software help forums even less...

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Yeah, and drunk people arguing with themselves in the street outside your bedroom window at three in the morning.
      I find that 1 icecold bucket of water can solve that problem in seconds.

Tried and tested -- 100% guarantee of success.

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
      Not happy with Phoenix Fan Fusion wristbands
      Never heard conventions do it, until now, but it's the going rate at music festivals over here.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Paying 1.25$/liter here. Gimme!
      1.45 € / liter (diesel) -- what are you all complaining about?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Well, that's not a "scam". The McD's provides parking while eating at their restaurant. But still. towing would be a better choice. If the scofflaw decides to destroy the device, I don't think the McD's can do much about it once it's off their property.
        ....which the victims of this SCAM were doing....yeah they had business next door to the McD's but it took all of maybe 30 seconds to complete and they went in to McD's with every intent to purchase meals...but if that's the way they're gonna treat potential customers who might want to take care of other business nearby before eating there...well I doubt that McD's location will last long as more and more customers refuse to be treated in that manner...and they might find a bunch of defeated Barnacles on heir doorstep in the process too

I say make it illegal for anyone other than traffic/parking law enforcement to apply these devices...if they make these things commercially available to any Tom, Dick, and Harry, that increases their scam potential by a wide margin as anybody with a grudge against you can apply one to your windshield

but evidently there are ways to defeat them that involve a little technical know-how in how to create equal pressure against the suction pressure and have it pop right off

presumably it could also be defeated by simply removing your whole windshield and having it replaced...in many cases for much less than what you'd be paying to the scam artists that applied the device

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Software help forums even less...

I find that 1 icecold bucket of water can solve that problem in seconds.

Tried and tested -- 100% guarantee of success.

Never heard conventions do it, until now, but it's the going rate at music festivals over here.

1.45 € / liter (diesel) -- what are you all complaining about?
          dumping liquid nitrogen on them would be even better

Comment

don't know where you are but gas prices haven't been as low as $1 per gallon here in the US for quite some time now, though today's prices would seem quite the bargain to people who suffered the gas shortages of the Carter administration
            It was $1/gal. in 1991.
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

When I was learning to drive in 2003 gas averaged $.88 a gallon to as much as 1.02 a gallon and then the war on terror started and gas prices havent gone down since. They have only gone up

it is fun though to see sometimes a screwup in a gas piricing macghine and suddenly people filling their SUV for 3 bucks or so. {one gas station in Iowa the attendant hit ENTER too soon so the price per gallon {for 3 hours} was $.36}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                When I was learning to drive in 2003 gas averaged $.88 a gallon to as much as 1.02 a gallon and then the war on terror started and gas prices havent gone down since. They have only gone up

it is fun though to see sometimes a screwup in a gas piricing macghine and suddenly people filling their SUV for 3 bucks or so. {one gas station in Iowa the attendant hit ENTER too soon so the price per gallon {for 3 hours} was $.36}
                When I started, premium gas was about 35 cents / gallon and that was the high end of the scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

if we had our own domestic fuel sources we wouldn't need to be worrying about whether or not any war in the Middle East is gonna affect our gas prices

Comment

if we had our own domestic fuel sources we wouldn't need to be worrying about whether or not any war in the Middle East is gonna affect our gas prices
                    Get an Electric car, same result.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Since 2018, there have been periods where we export more oil than we import. So obviously, we have our own energy sources.

In my opinion, we should do two things, and I think we could tell the middle east to go fly a kite

1: Prohibit the export of oil in any form. It is clearly a resource which has a major impact on almost all aspects of society, and should be treated as such.

2: Tell the enviros that are impeding the development of domestic oil production to go sit in the dark cave they want everyone else to live in and shut up.

No, I don't mean willfully destroy the environment. But oil resources can be extracted responsibly and safely, but these idiots want none of it. They just want to stifle oil (and in fact all other sources of energy as well) just for the sake of stifling it.

Comment

3) Ignore the consequences. That's the future generations problem
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

(4) bull****
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Still no Founders Patch. Last time I heard from Stargate Command telling me that they had to change manufacturers, and that was Feb 27.

Comment

At this point, it's probably not happening.

Found something about not shipping till December on reddit.. But they didn't say of what year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...o_ship_at_the/

Oh, and BTW, TOS is probably the best Trek series. Followed by TNG & Voyager

Comment

My brother not passing along information.

So, long story short, had to phone an ambulance on Friday to take my poor wee mum into hospital.

When I left her on Friday evening, she was in a room of her own on the orthopedic ward. But when I went up to visit yesterday afternoon, she'd been moved into a larger room with three other ladies.

A fact I only discovered when I knocked on the single room's door and found a different patient. I apologised and went in search of a nurse.

Which leads me back to my brother. He'd visited earlier that afternoon, and given me a lift to the hospital.
                                At no point did he tell me that mum had been moved.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X