No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was a well known author who wrote: "Neither a borrower, nor a lender be"

Aside from libraries, tool rental services and such, I've found that to be be very good advice.

Comment

As a general rule, I don't lend out my stuff.

I'm still waiting on my brother returning season 2 of Westworld that he borrowed.
      A year ago.
      That I hadn't bloody watched.

But on the other hand, I've loaned several books to my mate Nick and his missus, and I know I'll get them back in pristine condition when they're finished with them.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Here's one for you Brutak.
        I lent out my collection of MASH 2 years ago, I don't expect it back any day soon.....
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And that's why I will NEVER lent anyone my LOTR DVD's... they can be watched right here, at my place.

Also, Firefly -- nope -- it's autographed.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Here's one for you Brutak.
            I lent out my collection of MASH 2 years ago, I don't expect it back any day soon.....
            you can always catch it on TVLAND via Philo TV for $20USD/mo. which includes unlimited cloud DVR

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              And that's why I will NEVER lent anyone my LOTR DVD's... they can be watched right here, at my place.

Also, Firefly -- nope -- it's autographed.
              why do you think I'm trying to digitize all the movie and music disks in our collection? if they get lent out I won't have to worry if we don't get them back

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                you can always catch it on TVLAND via Philo TV for $20USD/mo. which includes unlimited cloud DVR
                Or if you're in the UK it's on a more or less constant loop on the Sony Channel.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I got them all on the cheap MG, so I'm not that worried.
                  sigpic

Comment

why do you think I'm trying to digitize all the movie and music disks in our collection? if they get lent out I won't have to worry if we don't get them back
                    Already have my man. I have 5 external hard drives with roughly 8-10 terabytes of storage space.
                    sigpic

Comment

Being unable to find my regular brand of chewy indigestion tablets when I was out shopping earlier.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Already have my man. I have 5 external hard drives with roughly 8-10 terabytes of storage space.
                        yeah just bought a 12 TB external HDD to store all the movie and music disks on....before they get any more beat up....already encountered a couple that have some read errors - most of the disks still seem to be in reasonably good shape though

and whatever I can't digitize I might be able to buy on VUDU...and with TV shows, esp. ones that have run their course, you can even buy individual seasons or even individual episodes....so if one disk in one season of a complete series has one file that's throwing up read errors when trying to copy it, you don't have to buy the whole series or even the whole season, just the couple of eps that were probably in the file that has read errors

the "Buy on VUDU" option is probably one I'm gonna use over time for whatever we got that's still on VHS....because digitizing a VHS is something I don't have the time for, working full time and all, and the only way to digitize VHS cassettes is to capture the playback to a file on the computer.....and so given the average movie length being about 2 hours....yeah no way I'm sitting in front of my computer for that long to digitize one movie

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Being unable to find my regular brand of chewy indigestion tablets when I was out shopping earlier.
                          ginger ale or ginger root tea can help to settle an upset stomach....peppermint tea can help too

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            That's bad manners in my book.

If you loan something to someone, there's an unspoken agreement that they don't lend it to anyone else without your permission.
                            you're expecting civilized behavior from the spoilt self-entitled generation?

Comment

I was actually asked this question. it my final answer is also my current pet peeve

Other person: Why are you crying ?
                              Me: I am having an allergic reaction
                              Other person: allergic reaction, to what ?
                              Me: Current events

Thankfully a good 2/3rds of the local towns and cities have allowed their mask hard/Must Wear requirements t oexpire and they shifted to strongly recommended, and one city just never put a mask recommendation into effect whatsoever

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My mum passed away on Sunday.

But that's not what's bothering me.

My brother and sister-in-law collected mum's personal effects and whatnot from the care home yesterday afternoon and dropped them off here.
                                Then we spent a half an hour or so sorting out which clothes etc. we wanted mum buried in.

Then my sis-in-law asked to see my bedroom - it'd been renovated a year ago and she hadn't seen the finished results.

She says nice things about my choice of carpet and wallpaper, then makes a couple of snippy remarks about how I live my life.

Right...
                                Ok...

My mother has just passed away, we're still figuring out funeral arrangements, and sis-in-law's nipping my head already?

Missus, I'm not one of your kids. Neither am I one of your brothers.
                                I am your husband's brother, and as such you do not get a say in my life.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X