Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscard View Post
    I went looking for a Christianity thread and found that most of them were closed.
    Apart from what Jelgate mentioned, I think a lot of those threads were also closed because of duplications of similar threads. (since inactivity doesn't get a thread closed over here)

Especially since the Politics thread is still alive.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The participants here seem to behave better than those on most boards when it comes to politics/religion threads. I rarely see anyone resort to personal insults and attacks.

I've never understood the logic of other boards reigning in such topics because of that, though. If I'm disagreeing with someone, and they resort to a personal attack, I take it to mean that that person can't really defend their POV and are just lashing out in frustration. Says much more about the person making the attacks than the person on the receiving end of the insult.

And even if someone here or elsewhere did respond with personal insults, that's what /ignore is for, I wouldn't even bother talking to the mods about it.

Comment

What better reason to have an open thread on Christianity, or any other religious denomination, than to offer up prayers, show love, and promote peace?
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

What better reason to have an open thread on Christianity, or any other religious denomination, than to offer up prayers, show love, and promote peace?
          Because that's not how they go.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Because that's not how they go.
            For once, PH is right. Such discussions are often very hostile. And everyone has their own biases, including the board moderators. Sometimes, mods can't keep their personal views separate from their mod duties, and that incites even more hostility. So often top management just bans the topic, taking the easy way out.

Comment

Try a thread, open to all religions and see how it fairs... all religions on equal footing.
              No one stopping you from opening one up.

Considering how religion is used these days to surpress one group or another, I'd say promoting love and peace isn't a priority in most though.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's one thing that didn't make a lot of sense to me, back when I set my mind about religion.
                All? or at least most of the major religions of the world preach peace, love and understanding, most of them do quite otherwise at one time or another.
                While I think there is something, some other plane of existence or ? after death, I'm pretty damn sure that none of the religions on Earth have "the answer". The behavior of most of them is more like the behavior of man, rather than any god.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  That's one thing that didn't make a lot of sense to me, back when I set my mind about religion.
                  All? or at least most of the major religions of the world preach peace, love and understanding, most of them do quite otherwise at one time or another.
                  While I think there is something, some other plane of existence or ? after death, I'm pretty damn sure that none of the religions on Earth have "the answer". The behavior of most of them is more like the behavior of man, rather than any god.
                  There is a reason for that, the books are written by man, not god(s)
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

OMG an Annoyed post I actually agree with fully and like...

OK here's one that really pees me off.

Sitting on a train or bus and someone has music blaring out of their phone but no headphones, just loud through the phone speaker, or talking on speaker. It's ANNOYING and I wish someone could invent a device where you could press a button and nuke their phone.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      OK here's one that really pees me off.

Sitting on a train or bus and someone has music blaring out of their phone but no headphones, just loud through the phone speaker, or talking on speaker. It's ANNOYING and I wish someone could invent a device where you could press a button and nuke their phone.
                      Easily dealt with....

Comment

Easily dealt with....

- ST:4 was one of my favorites out of that series of motion pictures

Comment

One of the best Trek movies ever, only First Contact was better.

Sadly nowdays if you did that, you'd end up with a GBH charge....

There has been a device invented btw, unfortunately it would probably render the bus undrivable too.

Comment

TVH was very good, and great for bringing non-fans in, but it still isn't as good as TWOK, in my opinion.

Comment

Easily dealt with....

Oh I wish it were that simple........ I just want to nuke their phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                One of the best Trek movies ever, only First Contact was better.

Sadly nowdays if you did that, you'd end up with a GBH charge....

There has been a device invented btw, unfortunately it would probably render the bus undrivable too.

Yes I know..... An EMP device..... But they're not exactly portable.

Comment

Working...
                                X