Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, indeed. Idiots the lot of them.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Families. Specifically mine.

Youngest niece posts a picture on Facebook of her, her sister and their mum and dad having a wee barbeque in their back yard.

Despite being their dad's only brother and living just fifteen minutes walk away, it seems I wasn't invited.

I probably wouldn't have gone anyway (I don't really get along with my sister-in-law), but it would've been nice to have been asked.

Meh, screw 'em. I'll just start doing stuff and not tell them.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Yeah, but actually going to the cinema would mean I get out of the house for more than twenty minutes a day.
        meh...going out is overrated

Comment

Not when you're trapped with your senior parents and their constant bitching. Not mere bickering, no.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
            Not when you're trapped with your senior parents and their constant bitching. Not mere bickering, no.
            Ohh yes, I feel your pain.

My mum's 90, and very set in her ways. If one of her meds changed shape, colour, size, or a combination of the three, she'd all but accuse me of trying to poison her.

She was quite ill from around Easter time, eventually needing hospitalisation for a short time.
            During that time, my brother and I reluctantly made the decision to get her a place in a care home.

So she's now being looked after by professionals, rather than me a rank amatuer.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
              I hear ya...got a snobbish aunt that I'm very glad lives thousands of miles away in FL

and I was only half joking...I do like to go out every now and then but still...given how hard I work it does seem that most of my free time is spent being lazy and either napping or just curling up with something to read

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                meh...going out is overrated
                Extremely so.

Comment

Yeah, but actually going to the cinema would mean I get out of the house for more than twenty minutes a day.
                  Who would want to sit in a closed space for 2 hours with several other people to watch anything...?

Personally, I'm not going to be found at any cinema this year -- unless it's somewhere outside, in my own car.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The UK doesn't really have any tradition of drive-in anythings. We just don't have the space. We're a collection of small countries compared to the US.

Outdoor cinema, yes. There's usually a film festival round about this time of year that takes over a park, or sets up a screen outside a stately home, and shows classic movies on a big screen.
                    Not gonna happen this year for obvious reasons.

But I'm not really an "out of doors" kind of person. I don't like "the countryside", it's either green or it's brown, and there's animals that smell.

Never been camping. Never been to an outdoor festival.

I like being indoors, where it's warm and dry.
                    sigpic

Comment

The UK doesn't really have any tradition of drive-in anythings. We just don't have the space. We're a collection of small countries compared to the US.

Outdoor cinema, yes. There's usually a film festival round about this time of year that takes over a park, or sets up a screen outside a stately home, and shows classic movies on a big screen.
                      Not gonna happen this year for obvious reasons.

But I'm not really an "out of doors" kind of person. I don't like "the countryside", it's either green or it's brown, and there's animals that smell.

Never been camping. Never been to an outdoor festival.

I like being indoors, where it's warm and dry.
                      and for the most part here in the US, nobody did too much watching of the movie at the drive-in....drive-ins were more popularly used as make-out venues

but now since there are plenty of options for that sort of thing, drive-ins have declined in popularity to the point where I think there's only one left in probably all of western NY

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Who would want to sit in a closed space for 2 hours with several other people to watch anything...?

Personally, I'm not going to be found at any cinema this year -- unless it's somewhere outside, in my own car.
                        Another thing to think about while you're waiting through the 20-30 minutes worth of trailers and adverts before the movie starts:

Who has been sitting in that seat before you and what did they spill on it?

I'm quite serious. The last time I went to a theater was for "The Rise of Skywalker", prior to that was the SW movie before that. And I bring a trash bag to place on the seat before I sit down.

They ought to release movies to BD or other home media the same day as theatrical release. Myself, I get better picture/sound in my living room than I can see in a movie house. Granted, I've got a lot of electronic crap in the living room, (no wife to tell me she hates it) so they should still release to theaters for the folks with more basic setups so they can see & hear everything the creator put on the screen and in the sound for them to hear, but for folks like myself, having to go to the theater doesn't give me anything else and I don't like having to put up with the aggravation involved in going out of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Another thing to think about while you're waiting through the 20-30 minutes worth of trailers and adverts before the movie starts:

Who has been sitting in that seat before you and what did they spill on it?

I'm quite serious. The last time I went to a theater was for "The Rise of Skywalker", prior to that was the SW movie before that. And I bring a trash bag to place on the seat before I sit down.

They ought to release movies to BD or other home media the same day as theatrical release. Myself, I get better picture/sound in my living room than I can see in a movie house. Granted, I've got a lot of electronic crap in the living room, (no wife to tell me she hates it) so they should still release to theaters for the folks with more basic setups so they can see & hear everything the creator put on the screen and in the sound for them to hear, but for folks like myself, having to go to the theater doesn't give me anything else and I don't like having to put up with the aggravation involved in going out of the house.
                          *pictures ^ as the typical "grumpy old man" shaking his cane and yelling at people to get off his lawn*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            *pictures ^ as the typical "grumpy old man" shaking his cane and yelling at people to get off his lawn*
                            Not far off. Replace the cane with a shotgun.

Seriously, as you get older, you realize something quite important. You just don't care what anyone else thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Not far off. Replace the cane with a shotgun.

Seriously, as you get older, you realize something quite important. You just don't care what anyone else thinks.
                              Oh, this is so true.

The amount of flak I get in FB game groups about not playing "the right way" is unbelievable. I just look at these idiots posts and think "Seriously? It's just a game, there is no right or wrong way to play it. Grow the hell up."
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, this is so true.

The amount of flak I get in FB game groups about not playing "the right way" is unbelievable. I just look at these idiots posts and think "Seriously? It's just a game, there is no right or wrong way to play it. Grow the hell up."
                                And, when you're old enough, you'll apply that logic to everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X