Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Going back even farther, in addition to Bells & Park Edge, which used to be separate entities, we had Loblaws, Star Markets, and a few other players. All of which are long gone now, victims of Wegmans' empire.
    we also used to have a Super Duper supermarket which is also long gone....it's funny though for Bells Park Edge though because it was the same kind of niche market that Whole Foods is.....open design, fresh produce, etc. and we seem to be doing OK despite Wegman's and Dash's best efforts

Comment

To return to a well worn subject, how can a package from the US cross the Atlantic in a matter of hours and yet it's taking days (fourteen and counting) to get from London to me?

I live in Greenock, Scotland. Thirty minutes or so away from central Glasgow via public transport.

Is the delivery guy walking from London or something?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Mine would be when i speak of something i am involved in or know about, then for others to assume cause they saw something on tv that what i talk about is either crazy or otherwise not true without them even bothering to do the research.

It often shows the stupidity of the other person when they open their mouth, and speak without thinking. I find myself often laughing before i even comment.
        Uni-Verse "One song one truth" Avrakehdabra literally means "Create as you speak". Words use energy, use them wisely. Words cast spells,that is why its called SPELLING. Negative energy runs down your immune system. Stay positive and manifest your own reality!

Comment

I completely understand your peeve.

I have little tolerance for people who know nothing of a subject but claim to know everything.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I completely understand your peeve.

I have little tolerance for people who know nothing of a subject but claim to know everything.
            How do you put up with jel??
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think that describes Annoyed more than me
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Nothing can describe Annoyed
                sigpic

Comment

Makes it very hard for witnesses to tell the cops what they saw.

Comment

Other people. Again.

Specifically the chatty ones.

I was in town a few days ago, at the clothing alterations/repair shop picking up a couple of items I'd dropped off a couple of days prior.

It's a small shop, and as such they've a sign in the window saying "One customer only at a time". Which is fair enough, I have no problem with that.

There was a lady inside already so I stood outside to wait my turn.

A couple of minutes pass. She's talking to the shop owner.

A couple more minutes pass. She's still talking.

A couple more minutes pass. She's heading to the door. She almost has her hand on the door handle, then she turns back and starts talking again.

WTF?!?

We're in the midst of a global pandemic! We're supposed to minimise contact with other people, and yet you're standing in a shop gabbing away nineteen to the dozen?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      How do you put up with jel??
                      Learned to live with it.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      Makes it very hard for witnesses to tell the cops what they saw.
                      For some reason, Freddie Mercury just started singing... "I'm the invisible man."
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Other people. Again.

Specifically the chatty ones.

I was in town a few days ago, at the clothing alterations/repair shop picking up a couple of items I'd dropped off a couple of days prior.

It's a small shop, and as such they've a sign in the window saying "One customer only at a time". Which is fair enough, I have no problem with that.

There was a lady inside already so I stood outside to wait my turn.

A couple of minutes pass. She's talking to the shop owner.

A couple more minutes pass. She's still talking.

A couple more minutes pass. She's heading to the door. She almost has her hand on the door handle, then she turns back and starts talking again.

WTF?!?

We're in the midst of a global pandemic! We're supposed to minimise contact with other people, and yet you're standing in a shop gabbing away nineteen to the dozen?
                        reminds me of a friend of my mom's who when she calls she talks to my mom without barely pausing to breathe and my mom can't even get a word in edgewise with her

Comment

When I was a kid, maybe aged five or six, I'd an afternoon off school for some reason.
                          So, it being a nice day, my mum decided we'd go out and have an ice cream at the café along the street.

We get five minutes walk away from the house, when she bumps into one of her friends and they start talking.

And talking...
                          And talking...
                          And talking...

As you can imagine, I'm bored out of my tiny mind.

I'd no clue what time it was, I didn't wear a watch in those days - don't think I'd even grasped the concept of Telling the Time yet - so you can imagine my surprise when some of my school friends come ambling down the street towards us.

That meant it was after half past three.

We'd left the house shortly after midday.

Mum and her friend had been chatting for over three hours!

To this day she denies it was that long, and that it was only an hour or so.

I never did get that ice cream.
                          sigpic

Comment

I lent someone at work my phone charger, and to someone I didn't really know but who's been working at the warehouse temporarily for the past couple of weeks. He said he would give it back to me, so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I waited until the end of my shift, waiting for him to give it me back, in the end I discovered he'd finished with it earlier and then lent it to someone else. I got it back in the end, it was plugged in in the canteen. But yeah, if you're going to borrow someone's phone charger, don't then lend it to someone else without even asking the owner. Rude.

I don't mind lending it to people I know, but I don't think I'll lend it to anyone else I don't know again though.
                            sigpic
                            He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

That's bad manners in my book.

If you loan something to someone, there's an unspoken agreement that they don't lend it to anyone else without your permission.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                That's bad manners in my book.

If you loan something to someone, there's an unspoken agreement that they don't lend it to anyone else without your permission.
                                Damn right.
                                I lend my stuff to people all the time and their are only 2 rules, give it back and keep it safe. If you lend it to someone else, you lose both of those rules.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X