Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Car sharing? Rental?

Car sharing is popular in my part of the world.
    Just like renting a car, but cheaper and covered by insurance (also through the car share system).
    If finances are his issue, carrying insurance would be a deal breaker too. At least in the U.S., insurance requirements are a significant portion of the cost of operating a vehicle.

It's possible the sharing service would carry insurance, but if that is the case, they would have to price their service to allow for that cost, and that would knock it out of affordability.

Of course, the U.S. is infested with lawyers, so your mileage may vary.

Comment

Are twins really all that remarkable in the 21st century?

It's the first day of the new school year here in Scotland, so as usual the local paper feels the need to drag out its annual "Hey, look how many sets of twins are starting school today! Isn't that neat?" story.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Are twins really all that remarkable in the 21st century?
        Sometimes they can be... I know a fraternal twin who have different skin color. One caucasion, the other eastern... it's funny as hell.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll blame my lineage.

Actually, it's only Discovery that's worldwide available on Netflix -- a day after it airs in the USA on CBS All-access.

Picard isn't available on Netflix. That's gonna be on Amazon Prime, which is in fact not worldwide available. Which I'm peeved about. The Discovery shorts weren't available on Netflix either, and the short interview clips were geolocked altogether online for everyone outside of the USA (hence why I stopped following the official account and blocked them from my feed).

New peeve to add...

Went to Pairi Daiza -- it's a zoo with lots of different animals. Some not available to see anywhere else in our near vicinity such as three Panda bears, and a couple of Axylotl's. The Tasmanian Devil was a first too since the one in another zoo nearby is always asleep or hiding inside.

Anywho...

This particular zoo isn't open for close to 6 months so people can only visit between April and October. The Panda bears are incredibly popular (the female just gave birth to twins) so the place gets a whole lot of visitors -- too many if you ask me.

Anyway, they also allow people redicilously close to the animals. The seals were literally lying on a beach, and only a low hanging rope was seperating them from the walkpath. Therefore, kids could easily hop the rope and approach the animals "to pet them". SEALS ARE ****IN' WILD ANIMALS!! THEY BITE YOUR FINGERS CLEAN OFF!

Parents just looking at the seals going, "Aw, look how cute!". Me, who has been up close and personal with a seal in the wild while kayaking in Ireland, "No ma'am, they're not cute and cuddly. They're wild animals and not for petting."

There are plaques warning visitors the animals "May bite" -- a clear warning that you should refrain from petting the animals. Nope, not happening.

The Lemurs could roam free so obviously they would jump in your neck or squatted down on prams (which were popular -- probably because of crumbs left by the kids). There were plaques telling visitors not to pet or feed the Lemurs, nor to pull their tails because THEY BITE!!
          Guess how many we see pulling the animals' tails, trying to pet them and grab them for pictures... Unbelievable.

I applaud the one monkey in the same enclosure as the Lemurs (they're not monkeys) who snapped at a visitor who tried to disturb it while it was licking something sweet off the ground.

And then I'm not even gonna start on parents who just have no authority over their kids and find them dangling over a wall, the wire with electrical current just inches from their faces, and a hungry lion 4 meters below that.
          And if the kid falls, it's always the animal's fault.
          you expected the spoiled pampered smartphone brats of today to exercise common sense? such naivete

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            you expected the spoiled pampered smartphone brats of today to exercise common sense? such naivete
            It's not those brats I'm worried about... I think they have more common sense than t he average adult walking around like a cellphone zombie.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              It's not those brats I'm worried about... I think they have more common sense than t he average adult walking around like a cellphone zombie.
              What he said. the recent crops of snotnosed brats haven't got the common sense to eat if no one tells them to do so.

Comment

Annoyed talking about common sense? I'll be taking my hypocrisy bacon now
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Starting a new job, and the endless sleepless night before it
                  Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                    Starting a new job, and the endless sleepless night before it
                    Those will never end... ... sorry...

Comment

Elderly drivers
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Why is Hollywood so obsessed with origin stories these days?
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Because they don't have to think up anything new?

I agree with you. I mean, How many times do we need to see Spiderman's origin? Or the Fantastic Four?
                          Every time a new director/producer/bilge rat picks up a property, they reset and start over.

Comment

It's not just that, the trend now seems to be origin stories for characters who've never had one before.

Does anyone really give a crap how Alfred Pennyworth became Bruce Wayne's butler?
                            sigpic

Comment

Those will never end... ... sorry...
                              Oh what great things I’ve got to look forward to then!
                              Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

What's Hollywood's obsession with reboots?

Disney's life action remakes I can live with (still haven't seen the new Lion King), but life action remakes of life action makes... nope, that's just lazy-ass filmmaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X