Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 276774757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1608

Default Re: Post a pet peeve.

When I was learning to drive in 2003 gas averaged $.88 a gallon to as much as 1.02 a gallon and then the war on terror started and gas prices havent gone down since. They have only gone up

it is fun though to see sometimes a screwup in a gas piricing macghine and suddenly people filling their SUV for 3 bucks or so. {one gas station in Iowa the attendant hit ENTER too soon so the price per gallon {for 3 hours} was $.36}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    When I was learning to drive in 2003 gas averaged $.88 a gallon to as much as 1.02 a gallon and then the war on terror started and gas prices havent gone down since. They have only gone up

it is fun though to see sometimes a screwup in a gas piricing macghine and suddenly people filling their SUV for 3 bucks or so. {one gas station in Iowa the attendant hit ENTER too soon so the price per gallon {for 3 hours} was $.36}
    When I started, premium gas was about 35 cents / gallon and that was the high end of the scale.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post

if we had our own domestic fuel sources we wouldn't need to be worrying about whether or not any war in the Middle East is gonna affect our gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    if we had our own domestic fuel sources we wouldn't need to be worrying about whether or not any war in the Middle East is gonna affect our gas prices
    Get an Electric car, same result.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Since 2018, there have been periods where we export more oil than we import. So obviously, we have our own energy sources.

In my opinion, we should do two things, and I think we could tell the middle east to go fly a kite

1: Prohibit the export of oil in any form. It is clearly a resource which has a major impact on almost all aspects of society, and should be treated as such.

2: Tell the enviros that are impeding the development of domestic oil production to go sit in the dark cave they want everyone else to live in and shut up.

No, I don't mean willfully destroy the environment. But oil resources can be extracted responsibly and safely, but these idiots want none of it. They just want to stifle oil (and in fact all other sources of energy as well) just for the sake of stifling it.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

3) Ignore the consequences. That's the future generations problem
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

(4) bull****
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Still no Founders Patch. Last time I heard from Stargate Command telling me that they had to change manufacturers, and that was Feb 27.
    Formerly mamasue9 on GateWorld and mamasue on Delphi Forums when Darren had Stargate there

At this point, it's probably not happening.

Found something about not shipping till December on reddit.. But they didn't say of what year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...o_ship_at_the/

Oh, and BTW, TOS is probably the best Trek series. Followed by TNG & Voyager

My brother not passing along information.

So, long story short, had to phone an ambulance on Friday to take my poor wee mum into hospital.

When I left her on Friday evening, she was in a room of her own on the orthopedic ward. But when I went up to visit yesterday afternoon, she'd been moved into a larger room with three other ladies.

A fact I only discovered when I knocked on the single room's door and found a different patient. I apologised and went in search of a nurse.

Which leads me back to my brother. He'd visited earlier that afternoon, and given me a lift to the hospital.
    At no point did he tell me that mum had been moved.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
    Still no Founders Patch. Last time I heard from Stargate Command telling me that they had to change manufacturers, and that was Feb 27.
    Happened to come across a bit of info regarding this fabulous patch... If you haven't received it by June 30th, they want you to send them a message.

But hey, you already have it virtually... Every "founding member" got a virtual patch/badge even.

Controlled discussions -- stargate command members will know what I mean...
    Talk about what we want you to talk about, not what you want to talk about.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Lieutenant Colonel Stargate Atlantis Girl's Avatar

Jamming your finger in a door and having to start a new job on Monday
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Sunday bus services.

My mum's still in hospital, and the direct bus station to hospital bus doesn't run on a Sunday.

This means I have to get a different service, I'll still get there, it'll just take twice as long because it takes an indirect route all the way through Bandit Country.

Not for the first time, I find myself wanting to strangle the long ago member of the local town planning committee who decided "Yeah, let's build a hospital on top of a bloody big hill in the middle of nowhere, and that's vastly inconvenient to get to by public transport."

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

^Sorry to hear, and that must be incredibly frustrating. We had a hospital like that a few towns away growing up. They put it smack dab in the middle of a summer resort town where it got so busy in the summer that it took at least an hour to get there even though we were only 15 minutes away.
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Quote Originally Posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
    Jamming your finger in a door and having to start a new job on Monday
    *hugs* ...and be mindful of Soul reaver....he might offer to kiss it better for you

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    Sunday bus services.

My mum's still in hospital, and the direct bus station to hospital bus doesn't run on a Sunday.

This means I have to get a different service, I'll still get there, it'll just take twice as long because it takes an indirect route all the way through Bandit Country.

Not for the first time, I find myself wanting to strangle the long ago member of the local town planning committee who decided "Yeah, let's build a hospital on top of a bloody big hill in the middle of nowhere, and that's vastly inconvenient to get to by public transport."
    you're supposed to climb that hill...didn't you get the memo about forced exercise?

Teal'c Re: Post a pet peeve.

I make it a point never to read memos.

But seriously, if I tried walking up the hill, I'd probably wind up having my first heart attack.

The road is perfectly passable in good weather, mildly hazardous in heavy rain, and damn near lethal in winter conditions.

*hugs* ...and be mindful of Soul reaver....he might offer to kiss it better for you
    Thanks!

And duly noted

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    I make it a point never to read memos.

But seriously, if I tried walking up the hill, I'd probably wind up having my first heart attack.

The road is perfectly passable in good weather, mildly hazardous in heavy rain, and damn near lethal in winter conditions.
    well then I reckon it's quite fortuitous that they have a hospital on top of that hill then

well then I reckon it's quite fortuitous that they have a hospital on top of that hill then
    It's their attempt to reign in health care costs.