Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2061

Default Re: Post a pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Already have my man. I have 5 external hard drives with roughly 8-10 terabytes of storage space.
    yeah just bought a 12 TB external HDD to store all the movie and music disks on....before they get any more beat up....already encountered a couple that have some read errors - most of the disks still seem to be in reasonably good shape though

and whatever I can't digitize I might be able to buy on VUDU...and with TV shows, esp. ones that have run their course, you can even buy individual seasons or even individual episodes....so if one disk in one season of a complete series has one file that's throwing up read errors when trying to copy it, you don't have to buy the whole series or even the whole season, just the couple of eps that were probably in the file that has read errors

the "Buy on VUDU" option is probably one I'm gonna use over time for whatever we got that's still on VHS....because digitizing a VHS is something I don't have the time for, working full time and all, and the only way to digitize VHS cassettes is to capture the playback to a file on the computer.....and so given the average movie length being about 2 hours....yeah no way I'm sitting in front of my computer for that long to digitize one movie

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    Being unable to find my regular brand of chewy indigestion tablets when I was out shopping earlier.
    ginger ale or ginger root tea can help to settle an upset stomach....peppermint tea can help too

That's bad manners in my book.

If you loan something to someone, there's an unspoken agreement that they don't lend it to anyone else without your permission.
    you're expecting civilized behavior from the spoilt self-entitled generation?

I was actually asked this question. it my final answer is also my current pet peeve

Other person: Why are you crying ?
    Me: I am having an allergic reaction
    Other person: allergic reaction, to what ?
    Me: Current events

Thankfully a good 2/3rds of the local towns and cities have allowed their mask hard/Must Wear requirements t oexpire and they shifted to strongly recommended, and one city just never put a mask recommendation into effect whatsoever

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

My mum passed away on Sunday.

But that's not what's bothering me.

My brother and sister-in-law collected mum's personal effects and whatnot from the care home yesterday afternoon and dropped them off here.
    Then we spent a half an hour or so sorting out which clothes etc. we wanted mum buried in.

Then my sis-in-law asked to see my bedroom - it'd been renovated a year ago and she hadn't seen the finished results.

She says nice things about my choice of carpet and wallpaper, then makes a couple of snippy remarks about how I live my life.

Right...
    Ok...

My mother has just passed away, we're still figuring out funeral arrangements, and sis-in-law's nipping my head already?

Missus, I'm not one of your kids. Neither am I one of your brothers.
    I am your husband's brother, and as such you do not get a say in my life.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

*Sends many hugs to BruTak*

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

How about a pet pet peeve? You don't need to meow for an hour before dinner, GOLIATH

But that's not what's bothering me.

My brother and sister-in-law collected mum's personal effects and whatnot from the care home yesterday afternoon and dropped them off here.
    Then we spent a half an hour or so sorting out which clothes etc. we wanted mum buried in.

Then my sis-in-law asked to see my bedroom - it'd been renovated a year ago and she hadn't seen the finished results.

She says nice things about my choice of carpet and wallpaper, then makes a couple of snippy remarks about how I live my life.

Right...
    Ok...

My mother has just passed away, we're still figuring out funeral arrangements, and sis-in-law's nipping my head already?

Missus, I'm not one of your kids. Neither am I one of your brothers.
    I am your husband's brother, and as such you do not get a say in my life.
    guess it lets you whittle down your "invite list" eh?

Honestly? If I could afford to and had a decent paying job to go to, I'd sell this house (which I've been living in since I was 15), move far far away, not tell any bugger where I was going, and just cut all ties with my immediate family.

I'd miss my two nieces right enough. But they're both grown up now and living their own lives.

My brother's eight years older than me, and we've never been particularly close.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

People are arseholes, been my pet peeve my entire working life.

Yeah, that one is going to get deleted.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

yep......I'm 39 and already longing for my retirement years....so I can sit on my apartment balcony or patio and laugh at the people still doing the rat race

Honestly? If I could afford to and had a decent paying job to go to, I'd sell this house (which I've been living in since I was 15), move far far away, not tell any bugger where I was going, and just cut all ties with my immediate family.

I'd miss my two nieces right enough. But they're both grown up now and living their own lives.

My brother's eight years older than me, and we've never been particularly close.
    see if Whole Foods has openings in Buffalo....I work full time there and the pay ain't half bad ($15/hour to start and I'm currently at $16.10/hour)....that plus your proceeds from the house should give you some breathing room

esp. if you can swing full time hours...there's nice apartments within walking distance of Whole Foods for just under $1000/month that include heat and water/sewer

Why? It's not political in any way. Oh, and by the way, on this we agree.

Except that in most cases, I don't think their behavior is deliberate malice. They're just too damned stupid to know any better.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Sorry for your loss, BruTak. *virtual hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by anaesthetic View Post
    How about a pet pet peeve? You don't need to meow for an hour before dinner, GOLIATH
    Every cat knows to properly alert the hooman that the hunger is coming, well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    yep......I'm 39 and already longing for my retirement years....so I can sit on my apartment balcony or patio and laugh at the people still doing the rat race
    As we are the same age... I can retire on the 1st of February 2046. Let the countdown commence!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Facebook is pissing me off today (well, more than usual).

Since yesterday morning, I've been stuck on the mobile site - even though I'm using Chrome on my Chromebook.

Facebook is pissing me off today (well, more than usual).

Since yesterday morning, I've been stuck on the mobile site - even though I'm using Chrome on my Chromebook.
    Facebook pisses everybody off. if that was their only problem, we would be lucky. But I haven't encountered that one.. maybe its an "exclusive feature" for Google users?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

It seems to be only affecting Chrome. I fired up my old Windows laptop, using Firefox as my browser, and everything's fine.

It seems to be only affecting Chrome. I fired up my old Windows laptop, using Firefox as my browser, and everything's fine.
    The lesson here should be clear. Avoid google's products whenever possible.

Latest peeve:

Slow as heck drivers

The MINIMUM SPEED is 45, it is not 15, If the speed limit is 55-60, HIT THE GAS ALREADY, but noo, guy is driving at 15 on the county route when the speed limit sign says.... 60. Worst part, NO PLACE TO PASS THE GUY

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    Latest peeve:

Slow as heck drivers

The MINIMUM SPEED is 45, it is not 15, If the speed limit is 55-60, HIT THE GAS ALREADY, but noo, guy is driving at 15 on the county route when the speed limit sign says.... 60. Worst part, NO PLACE TO PASS THE GUY
    I feel your pain. At least it sounds like you have min. speeds there. We don't.

A few other things to think about. Ever notice that when one of these rolling roadblocks causes an accident they're never at fault?

Or this: Many towns/municipalities syncronize their stoplights so that once you get on sync, you're supposed to catch most of the lights green. This practice began in the 1980's or so, when energy costs were rising rapidly. It will save gas.

There is an area around me that does this. But with a catch. The sync speed is about 10 MPH above the speed limit in the area. So, if you aren't caught in slowpokes, you can catch sync if you are quick. But deity help you if you're stuck behind a slowpoke. You're guaranteed to get every light red.

How stupid is that?

Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104 LastLast