X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie shows/films news/discussion/appreciation

sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

That's not a discussion... I haven't seen all that many sad to say. And most of those are soaps or historical dramas.
    sigpic

Comment

soaps still shows right?
      sigpic

Comment

I haven't watch many aussie shows. My favorite though is ....Farscape lol. I've seen some films but nothing out of the ordinary. So yeah Farscape is the only show I re-watch and know its Aussie has my favorite actress/voice actress in it.
        sigpic

Favorite quote:
        McKay: You shot me!
        Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
        Ronon: You shot me, too.
        Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Beaconsfeild <3
          sigpic

Comment

Farscape of course!
            Banjo Paterson's The Man From Snowy River
            The Flying Doctors
            McLeod's Daughters (started good but got really weird)
            sigpic

Comment

As an Australian myself I am NOT a fan of Australian television and films. I hate..hate..hate the Australian soaps like Neighbours and Home and Away, years ago they actually had credible storylines and now they are absolute rubbish. I also do not like the way Australians recycle their actors waaay too much. I cannot concentrate on shows like Underbelly as i'm too busy going, oh look he's from Blue Heelers, there's the neighbours dude, wasn't she in Home and Away oh and look there's dougie the Pizza Boy.

I find most Australian films especially the comedies put in waay to much Aussie Occa, a little is funny too much just makes us look like idiots and takes the comedy right out of it.

I must say, I just recently sat down and watched Farscape, I originally avoided it when it first aired as I felt I would hate it like every other Australian series, but I must say I was really impressed with it. It is not my favorite Sci Fi show by any means but I rate it very highly, it has great acting, great storylines and impressive makeup/special effects.

Movie wise, i'd leave behind the comedies, but I didn't mind the film "Tomorrow When The War Began" and I do enjoy the old school film "Gallipoli", theres probably a few others that I can't think off the top of my head but the list isn't very long. It's a shame really because Australia has such a potential to produce good quality films, we've had movies like The Matrix, Star Wars and The Ring filmed here.

Comment

Well, the actor pool in Australia is much smaller than in the US or even the UK, so naturally actors will be recycled, particularly since the really successful ones will likely move to Hollywood at some point. But I know the feeling, the actor pool in Finland, where I live, is even smaller than in Australia, so you get the same faces over and over again.

The only Aussie comedies I can think of off-hand that I really enjoyed were the first two Crocodile Dundee movies and Young Einstein
                Last edited by maneth; 03 May 2012, 09:29 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

There's a lot of bad TV in America also. I've watched Aussie films that Yvonne Strahovski is in also but thats because I am a fan ever since Chuck. Yeah you can tell that the industry in Australia is not very big, because you don't see a lot of their stuff over here in the States.
                  sigpic

Favorite quote:
                  McKay: You shot me!
                  Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                  Ronon: You shot me, too.
                  Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

MAD MAXine
                    sigpic

Comment

I gotta say the whole Underbelly series was pretty decent... cept for the golden mile... the acting was so weak.... Farscape was antoher great one. Seachange has to be favorite australia tv show... such a great show
                      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

never saw Underbelly i wan't that Brothers in Arms to come out
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X