Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does Lost have anything worth discussing now?

I think it's a show with some mystery to it but it seems like everywhere I go, Lost discussion seems to be at an all time low. So is there anything worth discussing about Lost?
    Back from the grave.

Default Re: Does Lost have anything worth discussing now?

You could talk about the actors maybe? what there doing now?

It could be moved to the show archive section to make room for new shows maybe?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

You could visit my Lost review thread.
    Or you could discuss what on earth was Jacob's cabin.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

Well... Jacob's cabin was something that he built as a place of residence in the middle of the island before he decided to move to the Statue foot. He may have decided to move to a cabin (that was obviously going to be built by Horace Goodspeed) and his wife to provide a sense of friendliness to the Island (meaning random people who encounter the cabin would find someone who knows about the Island and is not hostile). At least that's what I think... I mean why is it that Jacob would abandon the cabin and move back to the foot and let The Man in Black inhabit the cabin all willy nilly? Surely it has to do with a lack of people on the island right?
    Back from the grave.

Jacob's Cabin was obviously something that the writers changed their minds about after introducing it, so it's just a plothole. Both the behavior of the cabin and Ben's dialogue about it no longer make sense.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

well... in our library a girl watched an episode from seasons four of LOST...

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Jacob's Cabin was obviously something that the writers changed their minds about after introducing it, so it's just a plothole. Both the behavior of the cabin and Ben's dialogue about it no longer make sense.
    Ben stated in a later season that he made up the dialogue in the cabin and thought it was abandoned. He was just as surprised when hell broke loose as Locke was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Well... Jacob's cabin was something that he built as a place of residence in the middle of the island before he decided to move to the Statue foot. He may have decided to move to a cabin (that was obviously going to be built by Horace Goodspeed) and his wife to provide a sense of friendliness to the Island (meaning random people who encounter the cabin would find someone who knows about the Island and is not hostile). At least that's what I think... I mean why is it that Jacob would abandon the cabin and move back to the foot and let The Man in Black inhabit the cabin all willy nilly? Surely it has to do with a lack of people on the island right?
    I doubt very much that Jacob built the cabin. Horace built it, then died and Mibby took over. I don't think Jacob ever was in that cabin.
    Next question: Did Eko say "You're next" or "I saw the Devil". Personally, I heard the latter.
    Third question: "Has anyone here played the Lost video game"?

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Ben stated in a later season that he made up the dialogue in the cabin and thought it was abandoned. He was just as surprised when hell broke loose as Locke was.
    Yes he did. And that makes no sense when you look back at the original scene. It was clearly an example of them changing their minds about something.

First of all the cabin was one of those magical "island things" because it disappeared and reappeared to different people.

Second, Ben specifically warns Locke not to bring his flashlight into the cabin. The fact that crazy things started happening after exactly what Ben warned him not to do is too convenient to be a coincidence to me.

Thirdly, when Ben shoots Locke right after they first leave the cabin, he asked what Jacob said to him, and is clearly interested in what the answer was. After John told him what he siad he reacted like he was jealous that Locke actually heard something. If he was just pretending and didn't think there was actually anyone there, neither of those things would be what happened.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Thirdly, when Ben shoots Locke right after they first leave the cabin, he asked what Jacob said to him, and is clearly interested in what the answer was. After John told him what he siad he reacted like he was jealous that Locke actually heard something. If he was just pretending and didn't think there was actually anyone there, neither of those things would be what happened.
    Benjamin didn't think there was someone in the cabin when he took Locke there. And I think that a combination of being pushed against the wall by an invisible force, the fact that Ben saw that Locke heard something and the hell breaking loose can make you think that someone's inside the cabin and if not Jacob, then who?
    Ben began believing Jacob was in the cabin after the two left.

The Island is full of crazy crap. It could literally be anything. I'd think even on the island that he'd think the odds are pretty astronomical that he'd taken Locke to see the very thing he was pretending to show him. That coupled with the fact that the cabin seemed to change from a supernatural cabin to a normal cabin as the show progressed really makes it look to me that initially they were going with one idea, and then changed it as the show went on.

"Elizabeth..."

Ben: "What did Jacob say to you"?
    Maybe it wasn't Jacob, fine. But after the hell breaking loose and Locke hearing sth, I think that Ben himself believed that Locke had really seen Jacob.

Personally, I wished they hadn't screwed up the cabin storyline, it was really well done.

Another thing worth discussing is the Season 3 theme for the Others(later Ben's theme) Dharmacide.

Major

the answer is no.

Come on, it was the best Lost music.
    Well, how about the Locke vs Jack rivalry?
    Or my awesome theory about the whispers?

Or my awesome theory about the whispers?
    What was your theory about the whispers; I thought they were something conjured up by the Island, didn't know who or what they were but I did know that the Island makes weird stuff happen so yeah...
    Back from the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    What was your theory about the whispers; I thought they were something conjured up by the Island, didn't know who or what they were but I did know that the Island makes weird stuff happen so yeah...
    Well, we do know from Season 6 that the Whispers are souls like Michael that couldn't move on because of bad things. Now, my theory is that the whisper-ghosts degrade as time goes on. That woulde explain the recorded senseless behaviour(people record what whispers say) and the fact that only people who have been dead for a few years max actually appear(minus Isabella). The older a "whisper" gets, the more it deteriorates and possibly blends with other whispers. Eventually, nothing is left but a bunch of demented memories. Or just pure insanity. Degradation explains why Duckett's voice was much more clear than others. The degradation is slow and causes whisper-ghosts to start thinking with their memories rather than their own head(like memories coming alive). That is why some ghosts always argue and some try to do good stuff. Also, it explains recorded comments like "my eye hurts". The mingled memories don't know that they are whispers. So they just end up as crazy talking memories. Another theory is that the whisper-ghosts are echoes, not real souls, mere memories who develop into real entities. Some are good, some are bad. In the Man Behind the Curtain episode, Ben's voice is heard in the whispers. His whisper-dialogue came from a dead guy's memories.

I bet you didn't understand anything. The point is: they are degrading echoes who end up as crazy demented memories. That is why the ghost-characters have somewhat different personalities. They have begun to mingle.

Major

the whispers were explained.
    i don't remember what they were though its been a while.

"Has anyone here played the Lost video game"?
    Lost: Via Domus?

Was a decent game but way too short for me, think I completed it in around 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    the whispers were explained.
    i don't remember what they were though its been a while.
    According to Lostpedia: When people die around the Island but cannot "move on" to the next stage, they remain as whispers, watching or trying to communicate with the living. Characters often hear them when in peril, or when the Others or the Monster are near. The deceased whisperers can appear in their physical form only to a select few. Hurley discovered their nature when the long-dead Michael appeared to him to guide him.

My Lost: Via Domus won't work unless I find a new video card(damn). Sounds like an awesome game though. MUST play it. (I've heard there's a mobile game too).