Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you've learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty well set for the ZA but after Sandy Hook Obama showed his true colors (No pun intended) and did the "We gotta change" thing meaning ban AR15/AK47s and well people started throwing money at me and I could not resist so sold off 80% of my ammo stash (and bought a new house, LOL, seriously)

So now I would be out of ammo after taking out 40,000 zombs. Hopefully prcies will drop and supply will increase so I can restock

Lose weight, get into shape so you can move quickly: Zombies hate fast food!

On a more likely note if we ever have a serious collapse there will be plenty of real zombies of the 47% group that may not be walking dead but they will act like it.

The island is the best option but unlikely for most of us

Wulfmann

Comment

Things I've learned:

1) It'd be wise to become proficient in archery (or with a crossbow).
      2) Life be easier in a zombie apocalypse if I were a vegetarian (food gathering vs. hunting).
      3) Take fencing lessons so I can dominate with a katana or something.
      4) Find a car that is capable in various forms of terrain but also fairly conservative with fuel, like a Suzuki Samurai.
      5) Learn to ride a horse.
      6) Try to keep up a supply of penicillin and what not to battle infections.
      7) Keep a couple of small solar setups handy if possible (such as those manufactured for RV's)

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Yeah, no kidding. That would be a much better way to go than being eaten alive.
      That was my thinking. I would be willing to bet places like Hawai'i and Easter Island are pretty safe havens. Even though it's possible Hawaiians are infected with the same contagion that's affected everyone else, they probably stand a better chance than the mainland.

I never saw World War Z but from the previews it seemed like survivors were congregating on aircraft carriers and such, I'm surprised they haven't done that in Walking Dead. There ought to at least be attempts to ferry survivors to more isolated places islands in the South Pacific.

Originally posted by Wulfmann View Post
      I was pretty well set for the ZA but after Sandy Hook Obama showed his true colors (No pun intended) and did the "We gotta change" thing meaning ban AR15/AK47s and well people started throwing money at me and I could not resist so sold off 80% of my ammo stash (and bought a new house, LOL, seriously)

So now I would be out of ammo after taking out 40,000 zombs. Hopefully prcies will drop and supply will increase so I can restock

Lose weight, get into shape so you can move quickly: Zombies hate fast food!

On a more likely note if we ever have a serious collapse there will be plenty of real zombies of the 47% group that may not be walking dead but they will act like it.

The island is the best option but unlikely for most of us

Wulfmann
      That's irrelevant, no need to soapbox about this stuff here. Truth be told, there would probably be plenty of assault rifles and LMG's lying around when the metal hits the meat.

Comment

Rule of thumb. Stay moving. Stay in open areas and the reason behind this is that it's much easier to avoid zombies that you can see from a distance then a zombie that is ten feet away in a hallway. Keep weapons like knives, swords and even metal bats handy. Become proficient in firing bows or crossbows and need to learn how to create arrows.

If you were to setup a permanent camp, make sure it has at best two to three entrances, of which all three can be easily closed. Make sure the walls are thick, tall and durable. Like a brick wall for example. Make sure you have enough space in this place to grow crops and if need be, livestock.

Trust no one.
        Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          As much as I would want to believe I would survive any zombie apocalypse... I just wouldn't. :}

If nothing else, I have osteoporosis, so I'd likely break my arms before breaking zombie heads with a cricket bat...

I'm also about 20kg overweight... Mind you, Otis survived somehow...

I guess what you need is a group of people you can survive with... by providing something the group needs...

Training with a bow and arrow would prove useful... and yes indeed, where are all the silencers for those guns!!!
          Keep cosmichobo around, that way, when the zombies come, i can escape while they are busy eating him
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            Keep cosmichobo around, that way, when the zombies come, i can escape while they are busy eating him
            Ahh, well yes see, that's true, but then I might turn into a nasty Shane and shoot out your knee caps... :}
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

apparently they shop around for the best cell phone prices as well

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7qGD/sprint-u...-my-way-zombie
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

As Yoda says. You Must Train Yourself To Let Go... Of Everything You Fear To Lose. To survive something like this you would half to become so used to losing people around you. It would be very difficult
                sigpic
                Kenton Canada

Comment

I would need a small island or a prison. Everyone should sleep with a bell strapped to them in case they die in their sleep. Land to grow food, fruit and nut trees would be a plus. Chickens. Antibiotics. Solar energy panels and solar generators. Guns, amo and crossbows, and tools. An all terrain vehicle, car or truck.
                  sigpic
                  Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

What I have learned is to be very, very, very, VERY careful when you decide if your going to join up with a group.

Cause Rick's group.....they a bunch a dumb asses.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't piss Rick off...

Comment

I learned to always wear a helmet.. Skulls in the Walking Dead universe are so soft that even the smallest knives can pass through them with little to no resistance..

Comment

Don't be a stormtrooper, that aiming + zombies chasing you=you dead
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                            What have you learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse from The Walking Dead?
                            Acquire a TWD-style knife that:
                            • penetrates zombie skulls as if they were kickballs instead of bone
                            • never becomes stuck in a zombie's skull

Comment

Working...
                            X