Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you've learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I see it, the problem with fortifying a prison, firstly is that it's likely full of zombies, so a small group would need to be very very careful to try such a feat... not to mention if the original inhabitants are actually still in situ...

But eventually it's certainly going to be the non walkers that you have to worry about, and a prison would be a good place to set up a strong perimeter... long as there's room for a vegie garden.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      As I see it, the problem with fortifying a prison, firstly is that it's likely full of zombies, so a small group would need to be very very careful to try such a feat... not to mention if the original inhabitants are actually still in situ...

But eventually it's certainly going to be the non walkers that you have to worry about, and a prison would be a good place to set up a strong perimeter... long as there's room for a vegie garden.
      Well you open up the doors and lead all the zombies out. Also if the prisoners were left in their cells when the guard fled, they would have most likely died of starvation, then turned, but would have been unable to leave and themselves would starve.

I would allow any uninfected inside the walls but if they broke the rules they would be thrown out. Grab any solar panels and wind turbines you can, set them up to provide light and heat. Most prisons have a large outdoor yard you could grow food in, plus if you needed to, you could expand outside the walls, dig a trench lined with spiked sticks, so zombies would get trapped.

Not only that but everyone should have to check-in with a central office everyday to ensure no one killed themselves during the night and so you wouldn't have a zombie problem.

Comment

"Double Tap"

Though I learned that from some other place...

Comment

I like having a place with high fences, but if they are like the zombies from resident evil there is a possibility they can dig underground.
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I think the critical thing would be finding other survivors, as without at least 500 people, your gene pool is stuffed... (basing that on some vague recollection from the 90's, may be completely wrong, but you'd need enough people to start a structured breeding program)

Just picturing a new movie idea...

Start with patient Zero... taken to a hospital... doctors not sure what's wrong... lose the patient... then the patient revives... and the anarchy begins... Fade Out...

Fade In on a sole survivor on a small sailing ship... a year or so later... coming in occasionally to port to scavenge for non fishy food/parts, but never finding another human... Is he (or she) the last human...?

(Of course, they wont be, as they never are... just see The Quiet Earth or I Am Legend...)
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Avoid being in groups with children wearing sheriff hats.
              "Carl! Get in the house!"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I would try to live on some island somewhere. You go there, take care of any zombies already present, and you are all set. No more will be coming.
                This gives me and idea! wait no, they did that video game already

Comment

well I am a military brat so I have a plan in case of the ZA...
                  Step 1 me an the friends I have that arnt useless...(About 8 of them) Meet up at my place since its in the middle of nowhere comparatively and fairly defensible. Wait till infection has claimed majority of victims and cleared out reserve military left at bases for defense. (a month or 2)

Step 2 Two of said friends are military (and smart enough to recognize a ZA and get the hell out) and have the armory keys to the 3 military bases within 45 mins of my house...So step 2 drive to military bases an recon for the least overrun base....

Step 3 Raid said base for MRE's, PX for Ramen noodles and all the bottled water they have in stock. Raid Armories and stock up on all the weapons still available. (+ ammo and silencers )

Step 4 (Ideally) Jack a CH-47D (this is the US favored double rotor heavy transport chopper.) Which can carry up to 12ish tons of cargo at max load and has all the attachments for airdrops, troop drops, extraction, vehicle transport...etc, as well as being armed itself. Or a blackhawk or some other load carrying chopper. Head to an oil rig or offshore local...

Step 5 ESTABLISH BASE

Step 6 Return to mainland to restock (if needed) and acquire multiple high speed, quick run watercraft for stock and supply runs to the mainland as well as a larger yacht or other ship with applicable helipad/rig-able helipad. (Probably a smaller military craft since no privately own boats I know of can handle a CH-47D...)

Step 7 Construction on all acquired objects to make them ZA ready (3 of my friends have Architect/Engineering majors/masters/backgrounds)

Step 8 Search for acceptable land mass to make safe haven for survivors (clear out if necessary)
                  some island somewhere. You go there, take care of any zombies already present, and you are all set. No more will be coming.
                  Step 9 LOCK & LOAD, Return to mainland (in short runs of course.)

Step 10 Search for survivors and re-establish human dominance

Other details

my other friends: one is a very talented microbiologist, one is X Special Forces, and the last is a very PyroManiac but briliant chemist/physicist with a demolitions license...

But what I learned from this series....I want a nice SHINY Red Charger

Comment

Number one rule: Under no circumstances do you piss off rick!
                    Leela: "Fry, this isn't TV. It's real life. Can't you tell the difference?" Fry: "Sure. I just like TV better."

Comment

DTMobius - just don't forget to plant some crops, and create a breeding program for the survivors... Gotta take care of the remaining gene pool...
                      and lots more!

Comment

To avoid...destroy a horde, climb a tree, equip Herschel with shotgun+infinite ammo+headshot accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                          To avoid...destroy a horde, climb a tree, equip Herschel with shotgun+infinite ammo+headshot accuracy
                          Herschel already knew this but to get infinity ammo, just press Up, Down, Left, Right, Square, Square, Triangle
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Avoid a man with an eye patch...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Avoid a man with an eye patch...
                              Yeah, that should be in the Top 10 for sure.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Expect to hate someone but take solace that they will be dead by the end of the season...I mean year...

Comment

Working...
                                X