Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you've learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you've learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

So, I've only been able to watch through Season One on Netflix so far, but I'm hooked.

My wife and I had started an interesting discussion that I thought I'd share...

What have you learned about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse from The Walking Dead?

The two things we came up with quickly were:

Suppressors on firearms (strangely absent from the movie)...

Live on a Sail Boat...

Swords are useful.
    Although i already knew this.
    sigpic

Comment

zombie continuity

Comment

Trust no one

Comment

Avoid being in groups with children wearing sheriff hats.

Comment

I would try to live on some island somewhere. You go there, take care of any zombies already present, and you are all set. No more will be coming.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As much as I would want to believe I would survive any zombie apocalypse... I just wouldn't. :}

If nothing else, I have osteoporosis, so I'd likely break my arms before breaking zombie heads with a cricket bat...

I'm also about 20kg overweight... Mind you, Otis survived somehow...

I guess what you need is a group of people you can survive with... by providing something the group needs...

Training with a bow and arrow would prove useful... and yes indeed, where are all the silencers for those guns!!!
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

All I know is that I would do everything in my power to not become a meal for a zombie or group of zombies.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  All I know is that I would do everything in my power to not become a meal for a zombie or group of zombies.
                  Always keep 1 bullet in reserve...
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                    Always keep 1 bullet in reserve...
                    Yeah, no kidding. That would be a much better way to go than being eaten alive.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Pick your Teammates very very VERY carefully.
                      And leave your best friend/wife,and kids at home to survive on their own.
                      Get a winnabago.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                        Pick your Teammates very very VERY carefully.
                        And leave your best friend/wife,and kids at home to survive on their own.
                        Get a winnabago.
                        *lol* Ok hon, good luck now, look after the kids, don't open the door for strangers... oh err or zombies... Love you, bye.

I think it would be very hard - picking the right people... Makes me think of the short lived remake of "Survivors" by the BBC... the murderer, who basically helped the group survive because... he was a hardened criminal... could fight dirty... knew how to use weapons... But, would you want him as a friend...?

Frankly a zombie invasion/other apocalyptic event could be a great chance to get rid of some of humanity's less ideal traits, but to live through the event, you would need "those" people...

(Am a firm believer, having seen a few docos, that "aggressive" people - typically those that end up in jail for violent crimes - are a victim of their genes...)
                        and lots more!

Comment

Yeah I'd definitely try and get somewhere secluded and try and kill all the zombies in the area. Then get back to living. Being in Australia there are a bucket load of isolated areas and islands around the coast line. Being in Victoria I might even be able to find an old gold mine and convert it into a refuge

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                            Yeah I'd definitely try and get somewhere secluded and try and kill all the zombies in the area. Then get back to living. Being in Australia there are a bucket load of isolated areas and islands around the coast line. Being in Victoria I might even be able to find an old gold mine and convert it into a refuge
                            It is a good idea.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

From the show?

Women are whiny hypocritical shrews who are not to be trusted.

Men are arrogant hypocrites who make repeated dumb decisions and rarely learn from their mistakes.

If you have a young daughter, don't ever let her out of your sight. She can't possibly survive 10 minutes alone.

If you have a young son, don't worry about a thing if he wanders off. The elements, walkers, gunshots-- *spit* He'll be fine.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X