Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Letters of Transit (419)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    LETTERS OF TRANSIT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 419

In the year 2036 two Fringe agents may have finally found someone who can help them free the world from the dystopian rule of the Observers: Dr. Walter Bishop, frozen in amber for more than 20 years.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 28th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

That was nice, but I hope there was a good reason for this Spoiler of a Episode. I mean they didnt even finish the Story and next week we will probably be back with the Team we know.

To sum up the Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    William Bell is alive and well. He is responsible for Olivias death, but not before she gave birth to a baby girl. The Observers really destroyed their own planet and try to invade the Past. (Thats so Terra Nova ) And of course that they kind of lost in 2015. The Upside is that this would be 3 more Seasons. It may just be cancelled before.

Besides the spoilers flying around it was still a good Episode though.

I was just wondering if someone can confirm since I dont know where to look for such info. I am usually horrible with recognizing faces, but I could swear the Observer that got dematerialized by the Antimatter Bomb was played by Anderson Cooper. Those last looks at the Bomb made me see the resamblence.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

It was really HARD tonight...but, I was able to spot the OBSERVER. Whew!
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Well...
    I...
    Woah.

I think my reaction can be summarised best with "...?!"

We have OUR universe
    Peter's Universe
    The universe minus Peter
    Peter's Universe Minus Peter
    Now the Future

This show hurts my brain...... almost as much as Spongebob
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Captain

I am guessing that Peter was hoping for a boy to use the Henry name

Hello Kitty

Once again they seem to completely change one of the shows elements and I'm not really sure what to think about it and the revelations of this episode. Oh well lets hope for the best, the episode itself was good.

Wow. Good stuff! I especially liked Etta/whoever the actress was playing her. Takes some good writing and some great acting to introduce a character and turn them into an empathetic member of 'the team' in under 43 minutes!

I was a bit stunned it ended when it did--I guess this is continuing next week then?

I love this show's 'episode 19' thing. Always so much to chew on after the fact
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Staff Sergeant

man that was a bit crazy ha, I'm more intrigued to see how it will all relate into everything with the coming episodes as well, pity we couldn't find out more

did not expect to see him in the amber though! (you know who I mean )

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Wow. Good stuff! I especially liked Etta/whoever the actress was playing her. Takes some good writing and some great acting to introduce a character and turn them into an empathetic member of 'the team' in under 43 minutes!

I was a bit stunned it ended when it did--I guess this is continuing next week then?

I love this show's 'episode 19' thing. Always so much to chew on after the fact
    It doesnt seem like its going to be continued. Next Weeks Episode description at least sounds like it will be about Olivia and the others. So I guess this is all we are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by LanDodger View Post
    man that was a bit crazy ha, I'm more intrigued to see how it will all relate into everything with the coming episodes as well, pity we couldn't find out more

did not expect to see him in the amber though! (you know who I mean )
    Its hard to expect someone who has barely been mentioned this Season. Though I am really ancious to see if all these reveals where worth it. I always thought every Season plays in the same year its Aired unless it says somewhere otherwise. So the events that led to them being trapped in Amber are still far away.

Quote Originally Posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    We have OUR universe
    Peter's Universe
    The universe minus Peter
    Peter's Universe Minus Peter
    Now the Future

This show hurts my brain...... almost as much as Spongebob
    Nothing can hurt as much as Spongebob, The Ren & Stimpy show maybe.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

I don't know why the revelation took so long, I could have told you from the moment she was introduced that Etta was Peter/Olivia's daughter.

The events in this episode where a bit questionable. They really turned everything on its head at this point. The Observers just want to take over our present time? Why have they been observing us for centuries then, and why do it now. Are they 'us' from the future (year 2600)? If so why would they be purging us or whatever it is they're doing?

Hello Kitty

From what has been said about the Observers so far I would think they are future inhabitants of Earth. One of the reasons given in previous episodes for them not interferring/changing things has been that they fear they might change their own future afterall.

How they can go from a strict non-interference policy to actively taking over our world is beyond me though.

Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    I don't know why the revelation took so long, I could have told you from the moment she was introduced that Etta was Peter/Olivia's daughter.

The events in this episode where a bit questionable. They really turned everything on its head at this point. The Observers just want to take over our present time? Why have they been observing us for centuries then, and why do it now. Are they 'us' from the future (year 2600)? If so why would they be purging us or whatever it is they're doing?
    I think the name is Ella. At least it sounded to me that way.

As to why they are trying to take over at all. Terra Nova, do I have to say more? I think the reason they chose now is that we are far enough in Technology for their comfort and the Planet is still habitable at this point.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Captain

Holy crap, so are they going to resolve this story or do we just assume they went wherever they were going and succeed?

I wonder if this (the 2015 invasion) is the basis of the season finale?

Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    I think the name is Ella. At least it sounded to me that way.
    No, it was Etta. Peter even said "Henrietta" at the end of the episode. As in, the female equivalent of "Henry"--the name of Peter's child from the Over There in the original timeline.

Speaking of which, was anyone else waiting all episode long to find out what happened to Over There? I'm really surprised and dismayed that, after a few episodes focused directly on it and numerous instances across the entire series that the Observers interact with both sides, that it didn't even get a mention in this episode.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Captain

I can almost bet. The following episodes of this Season. Will lead up to what happened & show how the future ended up the way it did. Then Season 5 continues where Episode 19 left off & Season 4 ends with the remaining team ambering themselves & Season 5 will be about the defeat of The Observers. The only thing they have to write around is what happens to Olivia

I really liked this episode. Considering it hardly involved any of the usual team it was fascinating to watch, I was riveted by it from beginning to end. A world under the Observers, what a depressing existence for the remaining humans of that time. The way it was filmed, making use of that brooding dark blue/grey natural light Vancouver has really added to the gloomy feel of life in that future. It reminded me of the really effective way the X-Files used the northern light for dramatic effect.

It was pretty obvious from the beginning that Etta was Peter and Olivia's daughter, especially when she mind blocked the Observer. I totally agree DigiFluid about the Etta character, she was so well played and personable I cared about her from the start, that is amazing in the space of 43 minutes!

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing how this future is averted by the Fringe division. Maybe this is where Olivia dies to allow the others to do what they must as predicted by September. However, being Sci Fi no one ever dies and Fringe will no doubt have something totally bizarre and unexpected.

The sense of desperation and loss of a future taken from humanity by their own descendants from 500 years in the future reminds me a bit of the feel of the SG-1 episode '2010' where the need to reclaim what was taken from humanity became the desperate mission of a few who knew the truth.

That was some fantastic episode. Was riveted to the screen up until the end only to realize time has past very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    I think we are meant to know about it. They gave us multiple clues right from the start with her physical appearance. Add to that her mind power and everything else. It's just great to see the moment when Etta tell Peter.

Yeah. I like Peter and JJ in the role, but it's not often that I actually take any note of his acting chops. But when the realization of who Etta was played across his face, wow. Great work there.

Captain

Some things are a bit strange though.

How is William Bell still alive but absent in season 4?

I'm also a bit annoyed at some point Olivia will be killed. She's my favourite character, after Walter and Astro. Will they kill off Olivia before the show gets cancelled?