No announcement yet.

Letters of Transit (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can almost bet. The following episodes of this Season. Will lead up to what happened & show how the future ended up the way it did. Then Season 5 continues where Episode 19 left off & Season 4 ends with the remaining team ambering themselves & Season 5 will be about the defeat of The Observers. The only thing they have to write around is what happens to Olivia

Comment

I really liked this episode. Considering it hardly involved any of the usual team it was fascinating to watch, I was riveted by it from beginning to end. A world under the Observers, what a depressing existence for the remaining humans of that time. The way it was filmed, making use of that brooding dark blue/grey natural light Vancouver has really added to the gloomy feel of life in that future. It reminded me of the really effective way the X-Files used the northern light for dramatic effect.

It was pretty obvious from the beginning that Etta was Peter and Olivia's daughter, especially when she mind blocked the Observer. I totally agree DigiFluid about the Etta character, she was so well played and personable I cared about her from the start, that is amazing in the space of 43 minutes!

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing how this future is averted by the Fringe division. Maybe this is where Olivia dies to allow the others to do what they must as predicted by September. However, being Sci Fi no one ever dies and Fringe will no doubt have something totally bizarre and unexpected.

The sense of desperation and loss of a future taken from humanity by their own descendants from 500 years in the future reminds me a bit of the feel of the SG-1 episode '2010' where the need to reclaim what was taken from humanity became the desperate mission of a few who knew the truth.

Comment

That was some fantastic episode. Was riveted to the screen up until the end only to realize time has past very fast.
        Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        I don't know why the revelation took so long, I could have told you from the moment she was introduced that Etta was Peter/Olivia's daughter.
        I think we are meant to know about it. They gave us multiple clues right from the start with her physical appearance. Add to that her mind power and everything else. It's just great to see the moment when Etta tell Peter.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Yeah. I like Peter and JJ in the role, but it's not often that I actually take any note of his acting chops. But when the realization of who Etta was played across his face, wow. Great work there.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Some things are a bit strange though.

How is William Bell still alive but absent in season 4?

I'm also a bit annoyed at some point Olivia will be killed. She's my favourite character, after Walter and Astro. Will they kill off Olivia before the show gets cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              Some things are a bit strange though.

How is William Bell still alive but absent in season 4?

I'm also a bit annoyed at some point Olivia will be killed. She's my favourite character, after Walter and Astro. Will they kill off Olivia before the show gets cancelled?
              William Bell is alive, because he died when he helped our Team escape the other Universe in the Original Timeline. No Peter, No dead William.

Who knows, as I said the Seasons usually play in the same Year they air. So if Olivia died somewhere near 2015, that would means that we at least have 2 more Seasons before this happens. Chances are it could be that its cancelled before we get to that climax.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                William Bell is alive, because he died when he helped our Team escape the other Universe in the Original Timeline. No Peter, No dead William.

Who knows, as I said the Seasons usually play in the same Year they air. So if Olivia died somewhere near 2015, that would means that we at least have 2 more Seasons before this happens. Chances are it could be that its cancelled before we get to that climax.
                Unless they time jump a bit

Comment

Hmmm...good episode...but I think it created more loose ends than anything else. Even before we found out who Etta was...I sortta had that firgured out. Interesting episode all in all.
                  sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode. I wonder how long before we get back to that story? Probably next season.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I realise this, but what I meant was where was he, and why did they never mention him? Other than getting Nimoy back on the show for many episodes, of course.

Comment

At least me and Walter aren't the only ones to call her Astro...
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Then where has he been?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Then where has he been?
                            Wherever he felt like, I suppose! We didn't see him through the whole of season one because he was in the other universe, for all we know he could have been over there in this timeline. Or made a fortune with Massive Dynamic and took early retirement to relax on a beach somewhere. We just don't know because the writers haven't told us as yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                              Wherever he felt like, I suppose! We didn't see him through the whole of season one because he was in the other universe, for all we know he could have been over there in this timeline. Or made a fortune with Massive Dynamic and took early retirement to relax on a beach somewhere. We just don't know because the writers haven't told us as yet...
                              It could also be that he is working with Jones. After all didnt Jones try to cross over in order to find him? I mean in the Original Timeline.
                              Last edited by tomstone; 23 April 2012, 12:54 PM.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Hmmmm...this episode just created more loose ends. While I thought it was good...especially with the "Hi Dad" at the end...I sure hope we get closer to the loose ends the writers have spun.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X