Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,435

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    Some things are a bit strange though.

    How is William Bell still alive but absent in season 4?

    I'm also a bit annoyed at some point Olivia will be killed. She's my favourite character, after Walter and Astro. Will they kill off Olivia before the show gets cancelled?
    William Bell is alive, because he died when he helped our Team escape the other Universe in the Original Timeline. No Peter, No dead William.

    Who knows, as I said the Seasons usually play in the same Year they air. So if Olivia died somewhere near 2015, that would means that we at least have 2 more Seasons before this happens. Chances are it could be that its cancelled before we get to that climax.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  2. #22
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    William Bell is alive, because he died when he helped our Team escape the other Universe in the Original Timeline. No Peter, No dead William.

    Who knows, as I said the Seasons usually play in the same Year they air. So if Olivia died somewhere near 2015, that would means that we at least have 2 more Seasons before this happens. Chances are it could be that its cancelled before we get to that climax.
    Unless they time jump a bit

  3. #23
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,154

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Hmmm...good episode...but I think it created more loose ends than anything else. Even before we found out who Etta was...I sortta had that firgured out. Interesting episode all in all.

  4. #24
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,109

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    I really liked this episode. I wonder how long before we get back to that story? Probably next season.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  5. #25
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,030

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    William Bell is alive, because he died when he helped our Team escape the other Universe in the Original Timeline. No Peter, No dead William.
    I realise this, but what I meant was where was he, and why did they never mention him? Other than getting Nimoy back on the show for many episodes, of course.

  6. #26
    Major fumblesmcstupid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the closet with John and Rodney
    Posts
    2,947

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    At least me and Walter aren't the only ones to call her Astro...
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

  7. #27
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,154

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    William Bell is alive, because he died when he helped our Team escape the other Universe in the Original Timeline. No Peter, No dead William.
    Then where has he been?

  8. #28
    Major Alder's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,883

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Then where has he been?
    Wherever he felt like, I suppose! We didn't see him through the whole of season one because he was in the other universe, for all we know he could have been over there in this timeline. Or made a fortune with Massive Dynamic and took early retirement to relax on a beach somewhere. We just don't know because the writers haven't told us as yet...

  9. #29
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,435

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    Wherever he felt like, I suppose! We didn't see him through the whole of season one because he was in the other universe, for all we know he could have been over there in this timeline. Or made a fortune with Massive Dynamic and took early retirement to relax on a beach somewhere. We just don't know because the writers haven't told us as yet...
    It could also be that he is working with Jones. After all didnt Jones try to cross over in order to find him? I mean in the Original Timeline.
    Last edited by tomstone; April 23rd, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  10. #30
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,154

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Hmmmm...this episode just created more loose ends. While I thought it was good...especially with the "Hi Dad" at the end...I sure hope we get closer to the loose ends the writers have spun.

  11. #31
    Lieutenant Colonel Eternal Density's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Messing with Repoman
    Posts
    4,185

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    I went into this totally unspoiled (yay), and my reaction can be best summed up as: "WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN"

    And I'd always assumed the Observers were lawful neutral, so it was super weird seeing them having taken over the world. Also: BELLY ALIVE HOW?

    Silly me not considering that Etta was a shortened name
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

  12. #32
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    898

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    I was surprised by this episode. This is the reason I avoid the trailers for the next episode. I do not want to be spoiled. This was a terrific surprise, though I do hope this was not a one-off episode. I hope it continues next week.

    Perhaps they will be going to the Other Side now they are on the run?

  13. #33
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,154

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    I was surprised by this episode. This is the reason I avoid the trailers for the next episode. I do not want to be spoiled. This was a terrific surprise, though I do hope this was not a one-off episode. I hope it continues next week.

    Perhaps they will be going to the Other Side now they are on the run?
    Honestly, the trailer for this particular episode wouldn't have ruined anything.

  14. #34
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    898

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Honestly, the trailer for this particular episode wouldn't have ruined anything.
    I was rewatching an episode of The Finer that came on before hand and it had the trailer for this episode. Hekc yeah, that would have been a big spoiler. I mean we fight the Observers, that's new and different. It's what the whole episode was based on. So I disagree the trailers do give things away.

    I was sure at the beginning of the season they mentioned Will Bell possessing Olivia like he did in Season 3, but with no peter around.

    I'm guessing that what we saw was the aftermath of the next episode's actions. Without saying anything, we don't know what repercussions are in store for the team's actions. That could have split into a new timeline or revert us back to the original.

  15. #35
    Major Alder's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,883

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    I had a massive facepalm moment while re-watching a random season 2 episode. (Just stuck in a disc 'cause I had the notion for some Fringe. )

    It was the third episode, where an ex-Colonel was turning ex-soldiers into living bombs that exploded into crystal shards. At the end Broyles is interrogating him:

    Broyles: What was in the briefcase?

    Colonel guy: They told you I was crazy, didn't they? The Pentagon. They said I'd had a psychiatric break. I told them what I'm telling you: that they are here, collecting data, making observations. That's what's in the briefcase. They've been planning for war. And they've been passing information via courier, right under our noses.

    [Speech is intercut with a man handing over a black briefcase to someone sitting in a diner]

    Broyles: Who are "they"?

    [Cut back to the guy in the diner opening a pepper pot and pouring the whole thing over the food on his plate]

    Colonel guy: We don't know who they are. But I can tell you what they want. They want to exterminate us. So they are studying us, our culture, our technology, our science, and they plan to use it against us. One way or another, we'll find out who they are.

    [Back to the guy opening the briefcase, and the camera pans up to show an Observer]

    Colonel guy: But by then, I suppose it won't really matter, because whatever is in those cases is going to destroy us all.

    [Observer flips ominously through photographs of Walter and Peter]


    We were told *two seasons ago* that the Observers were studying us to prepare for war, and want to exterminate us. But we didn't pay attention to anything he said, 'cause he was the bad-guy-of-the-week, and they're supposed to say crazy stuff that we don't listen to! That has to be one of the sneakiest tricks a writing team has ever played...I love it.

  16. #36
    Defender Alterus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Letters of Transit (419)

    Loved it, especially when Walter gets his brain back and kicks ass in minutes

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Letters From Pegasus
    By senordingdong in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
  2. All Hail The New York Transit Worker
    By BigGator5 in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 24th, 2005, 04:48 PM
  3. Fan Letters
    By skull24 in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM
  4. What happens when you're 'in transit'?
    By Z_2 in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: September 18th, 2004, 07:12 PM
  5. Letters To The Editor
    By ABYDOSCITY2 in forum GateWorld Features
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 18th, 2004, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •