No announcement yet.

Letters of Transit (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went into this totally unspoiled (yay), and my reaction can be best summed up as: "WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN"

And I'd always assumed the Observers were lawful neutral, so it was super weird seeing them having taken over the world. Also: BELLY ALIVE HOW?

Silly me not considering that Etta was a shortened name
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I was surprised by this episode. This is the reason I avoid the trailers for the next episode. I do not want to be spoiled. This was a terrific surprise, though I do hope this was not a one-off episode. I hope it continues next week.

Perhaps they will be going to the Other Side now they are on the run?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        I was surprised by this episode. This is the reason I avoid the trailers for the next episode. I do not want to be spoiled. This was a terrific surprise, though I do hope this was not a one-off episode. I hope it continues next week.

Perhaps they will be going to the Other Side now they are on the run?
        Honestly, the trailer for this particular episode wouldn't have ruined anything.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Honestly, the trailer for this particular episode wouldn't have ruined anything.
          I was rewatching an episode of The Finer that came on before hand and it had the trailer for this episode. Hekc yeah, that would have been a big spoiler. I mean we fight the Observers, that's new and different. It's what the whole episode was based on. So I disagree the trailers do give things away.

I was sure at the beginning of the season they mentioned Will Bell possessing Olivia like he did in Season 3, but with no peter around.

I'm guessing that what we saw was the aftermath of the next episode's actions. Without saying anything, we don't know what repercussions are in store for the team's actions. That could have split into a new timeline or revert us back to the original.

Comment

I had a massive facepalm moment while re-watching a random season 2 episode. (Just stuck in a disc 'cause I had the notion for some Fringe. )

It was the third episode, where an ex-Colonel was turning ex-soldiers into living bombs that exploded into crystal shards. At the end Broyles is interrogating him:

Broyles: What was in the briefcase?

Colonel guy: They told you I was crazy, didn't they? The Pentagon. They said I'd had a psychiatric break. I told them what I'm telling you: that they are here, collecting data, making observations. That's what's in the briefcase. They've been planning for war. And they've been passing information via courier, right under our noses.

[Speech is intercut with a man handing over a black briefcase to someone sitting in a diner]

Broyles: Who are "they"?

[Cut back to the guy in the diner opening a pepper pot and pouring the whole thing over the food on his plate]

Colonel guy: We don't know who they are. But I can tell you what they want. They want to exterminate us. So they are studying us, our culture, our technology, our science, and they plan to use it against us. One way or another, we'll find out who they are.

[Back to the guy opening the briefcase, and the camera pans up to show an Observer]

Colonel guy: But by then, I suppose it won't really matter, because whatever is in those cases is going to destroy us all.

[Observer flips ominously through photographs of Walter and Peter]

We were told *two seasons ago* that the Observers were studying us to prepare for war, and want to exterminate us. But we didn't pay attention to anything he said, 'cause he was the bad-guy-of-the-week, and they're supposed to say crazy stuff that we don't listen to! That has to be one of the sneakiest tricks a writing team has ever played...I love it.

Comment

Loved it, especially when Walter gets his brain back and kicks ass in minutes

Comment

Working...
              X