• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything in Its Right Place (417)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    EVERYTHING IN ITS RIGHT PLACE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 417

Lincoln takes a trip to the other side and finds himself drawn into a case with the other Fringe Division, chasing a very unusual shape-shifter in the hope of finding David Robert Jones.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 April 2015, 11:56 AM.

Nice episode. It was sad about the Lincoln from the other side though. I expected the one from "our" side to be killed.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What a terrific episode. One of my favourites this year. Finally an episode with the Over There crew!

Sad to see Red Lincoln go though....he was our introduction to the whole Lincoln character!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

An episode featuring the other side, and mainly the other side. I liked the focus on Lincoln as he hunted the shapeshifter and fell in love with Bolivia; it seems like it's getting to a story which I can get into, I mean vengance, shapeshifters, an ultimate agenda?

Please Fox renew this show or I will be very sad.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

I found this episode so sad...I just wanted to give Lincoln a hug and a cookie...

This is another weird repercussion of the timeline shifting, though. In earlier episodes I was speculating about whether we'd end up with a blend of the Blue timeline/universe and the Orange timeline/universe, but like it or not, some things are irrevocably different. Even if other people's memories were to 'come back' like Olivia's, the lives they are living are often completely changed. Different people are alive or dead, or married or divorced or born or non-existent.

On the plus side, it does away with the Lincoln Fauxlivia Lincoln triangle that we could've ended up with.
          But on the negative side - I really did like RedLincoln. *sigh*

Comment

I kind of do hope that "our" Lincoln and "their" Olivia end up getting together.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I kind of do hope that "our" Lincoln and "their" Olivia end up getting together.
              Heh, me too!

I couldn't remember the exact phrase yesterday, but it looks like this is a case of the writers murdering the hypotenuse. It's unusual for the person they kill off to be 2 sides of the triangle though!

Comment

Interesting episode...I was sad to see Atl-Lincoln die.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Interesting episode...I was sad to see Atl-Lincoln die.
                  Me too, I liked his style better then our Lincolns, but now at least he can have a happy end. Gonna miss the Eyecandy though. Is it just me or does everyone on the other side Dress more stylish than their Counterparts?
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    Me too, I liked his style better then our Lincolns, but now at least he can have a happy end. Gonna miss the Eyecandy though. Is it just me or does everyone on the other side Dress more stylish than their Counterparts?
                    Not Broyles. He looks better in a suit.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      I agree, Atl-Lincoln had style...but ours is coming around.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Not Broyles. He looks better in a suit.
                      I agree here as well...Broyles looks better in a suit.
                      Last edited by LtColCarter; 10 April 2012, 07:56 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think Lincoln is in love with Fauxliva, but I do think they are going to have an interesting time resolving feelings they have for the other person's doppelganger.

Is it me or is anyone wonder whether the changes from Peter not existing are going to be permanent or somehow reversed?

Peter is happy to be with Olivia in this alternate world, but doesn't he want to fix the timeline. I mean, EvilBritishGuy (whatever his name is that died at the end of Season 1) is back and Peter's child is still non-existent as well. That child is important to the observers. Will they settle for Olivia having the child instead of Fauxlivia from the original timeline.

I also am still confused by the Observer's logic. They want Peter to have a child who is important for the future. So they are satisfied when Peter accidentally wipes himself from the timeline (did Peter do it or did someone else?).

Why if they wanted Peter to have a child with "an" Olivia that they were fine with him being gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          I don't think Lincoln is in love with Fauxliva, but I do think they are going to have an interesting time resolving feelings they have for the other person's doppelganger.

Is it me or is anyone wonder whether the changes from Peter not existing are going to be permanent or somehow reversed?

Peter is happy to be with Olivia in this alternate world, but doesn't he want to fix the timeline. I mean, EvilBritishGuy (whatever his name is that died at the end of Season 1) is back and Peter's child is still non-existent as well. That child is important to the observers. Will they settle for Olivia having the child instead of Fauxlivia from the original timeline.

I also am still confused by the Observer's logic. They want Peter to have a child who is important for the future. So they are satisfied when Peter accidentally wipes himself from the timeline (did Peter do it or did someone else?).

Why if they wanted Peter to have a child with "an" Olivia that they were fine with him being gone?
                          I like calling her Altivia...rolls off the tongue better. I never got the impression that Altivia had feelings for Alt-Lincoln until this episode. So, I was wondering what orifice the writers pulled this out of...

From what I'm seeing its like the timeline Peter remembers and the one he appeared in are becoming one. Even Walter's actions are becoming more blue-verese.

If you heard what the Observer said...he had the child with the wrong Olivia. So, having it with Altivia was wrong. The conversation implied that Peter was supposed to have it Olivia. So, I don't see it as settling for anything.

Peter didn't accidently wipe himself from the timeline...it was intentionally motivated by the Observers.

Again as the Observer said, they thought Peter being gone would correct the timelines...but it didn't.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                            You're confused because you're remembering wrong.

They're Observers, not 'Fixers.' Peter was supposed to die as a child, September intervened and saved his life, resulting in 'ripples' in the timeline that have given us the show as a whole. The machine being a means of repairing the universes and wiping Peter from the timeline was a way of fixing what Walter and September broke.

But now the universes seem to be stabilized, and Peter exists without having violated the historical necessity of his death in childhood. So we're in uncharted territory.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              You're confused because you're remembering wrong.

They're Observers, not 'Fixers.' Peter was supposed to die as a child, September intervened and saved his life, resulting in 'ripples' in the timeline that have given us the show as a whole. The machine being a means of repairing the universes and wiping Peter from the timeline was a way of fixing what Walter and September broke.

But now the universes seem to be stabilized, and Peter exists without having violated the historical necessity of his death in childhood. So we're in uncharted territory.
                              Yeah...what he said too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X