Everything in Its Right Place (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    They're Observers, not 'Fixers.' Peter was supposed to die as a child, September intervened and saved his life, resulting in 'ripples' in the timeline that have given us the show as a whole.
    Oo, hang on a second, I had a different understanding of that.

I thought that Peter (who is RedPeter, really) was not supposed to die as a child. September was accidentally seen by Walternate, in his eagerness to witness this significant moment, and by distracting Walternate, caused him to miss a vital reaction in his experiment, and think it had failed when it had succeeded.

(In fact, that really wouldn't make sense any other way, what would have been significant about the moment if he failed, just as our Walter had failed? He was supposed to succeed in curing Peter...I think?)

So September's interference when Walter and Peter nearly drowned was not random, or purely charitable, but an attempt to "set right what once went wrong" because of his own mistake. He saved Peter's life because Peter was supposed to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post

I thought that Peter (who is RedPeter, really) was not supposed to die as a child. September was accidentally seen by Walternate, in his eagerness to witness this significant moment, and by distracting Walternate, caused him to miss a vital reaction in his experiment, and think it had failed when it had succeeded.

(In fact, that really wouldn't make sense any other way, what would have been significant about the moment if he failed, just as our Walter had failed? He was supposed to succeed in curing Peter...I think?)

So September's interference when Walter and Peter nearly drowned was not random, or purely charitable, but an attempt to "set right what once went wrong" because of his own mistake. He saved Peter's life because Peter was supposed to live.
      What he said Boo-YAH! In your face! LOL.

Anyway, so yeah, only one Peter was suppose to live and that was RedPeter...our Peter. He was suppose to have a child with BlueOlivia. But in our timeline, RedOlivia was pregnant and the Observer said Peter has a child. That means, for the Observer at least that child still exists. Maybe like Peter and like Olivia's memories the rest of the world will start to change or need to change.

Walter isn't our Walter he is still OrangeWalter, but has accepted Peter into his life.

My guess, with David Robert Jones as the enemy the producers want to keep him as the adversary. So either we remain in OrangeVerse or he comes back with Peter to the original timeline.
      Last edited by Mrja84; 11 April 2012, 09:49 AM. Reason: My keyboard is making me mad by messing up my typing and clicking when I don't want to click

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        What he said Boo-YAH! In your face! LOL.

Anyway, so yeah, only one Peter was suppose to live and that was RedPeter...our Peter. He was suppose to have a child with BlueOlivia. But in our timeline, RedOlivia was pregnant and the Observer said Peter has a child. That means, for the Observer at least that child still exists. Maybe like Peter and like Olivia's memories the rest of the world will start to change or need to change.

Walter isn't our Walter he is still OrangeWalter, but has accepted Peter into his life.

My guess, with David Robert Jones as the enemy the producers want to keep him as the adversary. So either we remain in OrangeVerse or he comes back with Peter to the original timeline.
        I guess since the 2 Universes finally got their balance back, it could be desastrous if Peter gets the Blueverse back. Though I feel like we are missing something. The bridge should still fix the imbalance even if Peter where to manage to restore the Blueverse.

I am just asking myself why the Observers where content with Peter being gone, when his Son should play a big role in the Observers History. Have they explained yet why he got deleted?

P.S: You are not alone Mrja84. If I sdont rewmovwe thwe wexctra kweysdtrokwesd of my keyboarsd it lookds likwe thids. It really messes with inputting passwords.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Peters Son got deleted because Peter never existed. With out Petering being around to do it with Bolivia there fore his son was also deleted. As explained by September himself

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
            Peters Son got deleted because Peter never existed. With out Petering being around to do it with Bolivia there fore his son was also deleted. As explained by September himself
            I did not mean Peters Son, its logical that he doesnt exist anymore. I meant Peter himself. The Observers wanted this to happen, but why if his existence was crucial to their future?
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              I did not mean Peters Son, its logical that he doesnt exist anymore. I meant Peter himself. The Observers wanted this to happen, but why if his existence was crucial to their future?
              September also said that he had the kid with the wrong Olivia. Which is why they changed the timeline. Bolivia & Peter are from the same Universe. Peter & Olivia are the ones that need to have that kid. They are the first to have a kid from different Universes it seems

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                September also said that he had the kid with the wrong Olivia. Which is why they changed the timeline. Bolivia & Peter are from the same Universe. Peter & Olivia are the ones that need to have that kid. They are the first to have a kid from different Universes it seems
                Yeah, but they wanted to erase him for good afterwards too. I just dont get how they possibly could have thought, that eliminating Peter would solve anything. September went constantly against his orders, so I wonder what the observers really want.

They fixed it so that September didnt intervene in Peters death in the current timeline and I assume that they know of when September distracted Walternate, which kind of led to this whole mess. So the logical thing would have been to fix that event instead of when Peter drowned.

Their actions simply dont fit the goal.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I guess there is still more to find out

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post

I think we've been watching a different Fringe.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Alder is right. Thats pretty much how I understood it too. Peter was supposed to live.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

In what way?

Comment

In 4-14 September clearly states that due to his mistake Walternate didn't discover the cure for Peter (as he was supposed to do). He further elaborates that his actions are based on the wish to rectify that mistake. So the obvious conclusion is - like Alder said - that Walternate was supposed to cure Peter and when that failed due to Septembers mistake he tried to rectify it by saving Peter from drowning. This clearly didn't pan out quite like September had intended though. For example Peter had a son with Alt-Olivia, but was supposed to have one with Olivia.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          They fixed it so that September didnt intervene in Peters death in the current timeline and I assume that they know of when September distracted Walternate, which kind of led to this whole mess. So the logical thing would have been to fix that event instead of when Peter drowned.

Their actions simply dont fit the goal.
                          Since they didn't go the easy/logical way of preventing September from distracting Walternate I would assume that for some reason they cannot undo a change that they themselves introduced. Otherwise just removing September from Walternates lab at the crucial time (or failing that directly preventing September from saving Peter) would seem more efficient.

I assume that something is preventing them from going the direct route so the seemingly concluded that removing Peter from the timeline entirely would be less harmful than letting the contaminated timeline continue. Why they might think that I have no idea though, but it didn't work out as planned anyway.
                          Last edited by Selina; 13 April 2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X