Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Regina even love Henry? (Possible spoilers as episodes air)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, she loves him. The actress said it, the writers said it, the creators said it, and the show said it.

As for her killing her father. After listen to his daughter poor her heart out about how awful Cora is and how she doesn't want to marry the king and how she just wants a life of her own... he simply says "Are you sure it isn't cold feet about the wedding?"

Not to mention him sitting back doing nothing every time he should have stuck up for his daughter.

Worst. Dad. Ever.

Its no wonder she killed him. Oh, now you're trying to protect me? indeed.
    "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Lord Kira,

I repeat the dark curse only worked because she loved her father when she killed him. Regina's love is something that I find very frightening. But I was encouraged to see her willingness to let Henry go.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I think her love is an evolving thing. She is growing in how she treats people...

Comment

Now she shows some real love for Henry by letting him go with David, but then again, does she have some ulterior motive? She loved her father, but then killed him. She did love him or the curse would not have activated, but she always places her own happiness before others. So it's hard to believe she put Henry's welfare before her own. She may think this will keep the others out of here way, a red herring perhaps.
          sigpic

Comment

When Regina thought her mother (Cora) was dead, she professed her love for her mother. If that's true, it ought to be really interesting when the two of them come together gain, and see what Regina will do to her mother.

Comment

Okay I haven't been on GW in a long time. But wow this is a bit too much don't ya think?
              I'm a hardcore Evil Regal. I love Regina.

And yes, I really do believe she loves Henry. She's been conflicted about other things in her life, but that for certain is the one thing she knows. He is basically her weakness. Heck, she even saved Emma & Snow because she was willing to trust Henry. She doesn't want Cora to come back and go after Henry. Because that's what Cora does, goes after the things Regina loves.
              sigpic
              My tumblr

Comment

I do believe that Regina loves Henry very much. He is the only thing IMO that keeps her from going totally dark again.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I do believe that Regina loves Henry very much. He is the only thing IMO that keeps her from going totally dark again.
                  I have been satisfied with how the show allows her to display her love for him. But @the fifth man, I think Henry can just as easily be the reason she goes dark again.

Heck, he was the reason she tried to kill Emma in Season 1.

Comment

I just don't think she wants to completely disappoint him. She has something to prove.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Everything up to now has had her to prove to him she can change, that she has changed. I have a feeling if she goes dark again, it's not just because of him.. it's because of everyone. Especially what happened in the last episode.

I mean she raised Henry. Yes, she did bad things. But when it comes to him, she's tried to be a good mother. She never harmed him. As things progressed, we saw her being more caring and loving towards him. Out of everyone in SB.. he's the only thing she loves.
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

I think what really drives Regina is the yearning for love. She lost that when the stable boy died and now with Henry she had a chance.

But she's still too emotional and when things get rough her anger gets her into trouble.

Comment

And it all boils down to the hatred and anger towards her mother, Cora, because she was the one that killed the stable boy and in turn turned Regina into the person she is now, though she's trying to change to keep her relationship with Henry.

Comment

Working...
                          X