Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think will be victorious at the end of the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the others looming as a threat in the far north, I'm not sure we will actually see a victor at all. Could very well be that none of the current contenders will be left standing after that is resolved, but if I had to choose I would probably pick Daenerys.

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
      With the others looming as a threat in the far north, I'm not sure we will actually see a victor at all. Could very well be that none of the current contenders will be left standing after that is resolved, but if I had to choose I would probably pick Daenerys.
      Well GRRM has said he likes bitterweet endings, so someone will probably "win" but it will cost them or someone else a terrible price. And I'm sure at least some of the villains will survive, perhaps even prosper and not get their comeuppance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Well GRRM has said he likes bitterweet endings, so someone will probably "win" but it will cost them or someone else a terrible price. And I'm sure at least some of the villains will survive, perhaps even prosper and not get their comeuppance.
        They'll win, but there'll be nothing left of Westeros but rubble and about 6 peasants.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          They'll win, but there'll be nothing left of Westeros but rubble and about 6 peasants.
          That's not really bittersweet though is it? Just bitter.

No more likely someone will "win," at least a chunk of Westeros will survive, but there will probably be the implication that 'the game of thrones' will continue, and that characters like Littlefinger will always be around seeking power.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            i hope that the ending wont be that bleak.
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Another theory I've been mulling on: At the very end, we see R'hllor and the Great Other in some celestial room playing a chess game or something similar. The game finally ends and we see one or both of them say, "Fancy another game?"
              sigpic

Comment

lol

that'd be funny
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Indeed, that would be hilarious, but I think ASOIAF is too much low fantasy for GRRM to pull something like that ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                    Indeed, that would be hilarious, but I think ASOIAF is too much low fantasy for GRRM to pull something like that ;-)
                    I dunno, he did write about Jaime fighting Cthulhu.

I kid you not
                    http://grrm.livejournal.com/140797.html

Comment

I think it will either be Khaleesi, Tyrion, or Robb.
                      sigpic
                      Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

I think Rob Stark and Tyrion Lannister will be around in the end.

Stannis will get his SOUL eaten by the red headed witch

Joffrey is gonna gett it in the end.... and I hope it is Painful
                        sigpic

Comment

[huge spoilers I'm really not kidding]

Spoiler:
                          Robb lasts to the end Muwhwahahahahahahahahaahahahahah
                          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I hope Joffery lives, but becomes a slave of someone who makes his life a living hell
                            sigpic
                            Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

there are worse characters than Joffrey
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

My money is on Gendry and Arya

I will say, without spoiling, GRRM doesn't seem attached to any single character and if the story dictates that a character die, s/he will.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X