X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall 2012 Network Renewals & Cancelation Predictions

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/03/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

FOX
    "Alcatraz": 3.4 rating. Status: Not hopeful: Monday's finale was the lowest-rated episode for the season.
    "Allen Gregory": DEAD
    "American Dad": 2.8 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "American Idol": 6.7 Wednesdays, 6.2 rating Thursdays. Status: It's now a full-on team sport to bag on the aging music competition, but this franchise ain't going anywhere (yet). The bigger question is how much the judging panel will change next season.
    "Bones": 3.0 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Breaking In": DEAD
    "Family Guy": 3.9 rating. Status: Absolutely.
    "Fringe": 1.7 rating. Status: We've been hearing Fringe was doomed -- until this week. There's renewed hope for a 13-episode "final season" pickup thanks to the modest performance of Alcatraz.
    "Glee": 3.8 rating. Status: Of course! We gotta see what happens next at McKinley High after some of its talented seniors graduate.
    "Hell's Kitchen": 3.4 rating. Status: Sure, why not?
    "House": 3.5 rating. Status: The doctor is out!
    "Kitchen Nightmares": 1.7 rating. Status: Yawn. Isn't it time for this kitchen to close already? Especially if Gordon Ramsay's latest, "Hotel Hell," breaks out.
    "Napoleon Dynamite": 2.8 rating. Status: Nah. We aren't feeling it.
    "New Girl": 4.2 rating. Status: Oh course, the cutest gal on Fox is coming back for another season!
    "Raising Hope": 2.6 rating. Status: Not the greatest performer but the auspices are awesome, especially if Fox wants to continue to try and build a four-sitcom comedy block on Tuesdays. We predict another season.
    "The Cleveland Show": 2.0 rating. Status: Probably.
    "The Finder": 2.8 rating. Status: Any optimism is unfounded.
    "The Simpsons": 3.5 rating: Status: RENEWED
    "The X-Factor": 4.4 rating. Status: RENEWED. (But who are the new hosts and remaining judges?)
    "I Hate My Teenage Daughter": 2.2 rating. Status: Yanked with two episodes still in the can. Not officially canceled, but Fox never officially canceled Moment of Truth either.
    "Terra Nova": 3.6 rating. Status: Canceled by Fox, cuerrently shopping for another home. We're not holding our breath, especially since stars like Jason O'Mara have already booked other shows.
    "Touch": 3.3 rating. Status: Kiefer Sutherland returns in this drama from Heroes' creator Tim Kring. Solid ratings for last month's preview episode, and Fox just gave it a prime berth after Idol.

ABC
    "Castle": 2.8 rating. Status: A 10 p.m. success on ABC? This crime drama favorite will return.
    "Modern Family": 6.1 rating. Status: Grabs ratings AND all the awards.
    "Body of Proof": 2.0 rating. Status: The show does well overseas so it's too soon to count this drama out.
    "Charlie's Angels (ABC)": DEAD
    "Cougar Town": 1.8 rating, 4.9 million. Status: Those awesome winos tried hard, but we don't expect the Alphabet bosses to show mercy after this season.
    "Dancing with the Stars": 3.6 rating. Status: Even hitting a series low for its recent premiere, ABC can't live without its fringe.
    "Desperate Housewives": 3.5 rating. Status: Buh bye, ladies! Stay fab.
    "GCB": 2.4 rating. Status: This serialized drama about a group of shrewy women in Texas can't improve upon its low-rated older sister, "Desperate Housewives." We aren't feeling positive about a second season, but it's too early to say.
    "Grey's Anatomy": 4.4 rating. Status: Certain contracts are up this season (here's looking at you, Meredith and McDreamy) but we have no doubt Seattle Grace will be open for another season.
    "Happy Endings": 3.0 rating. Status: Young, hip, pulls a decent number. It'll earn another season.
    "Last Man Standing": 2.8 rating. Status: Tough one. It's hard to let a star like Tim Allen go, but these ratings aren't exactly upstanding. Could be close.
    "Man Up!": DEAD
    "Missing": 2.1 rating. Status: Ashley Judd better find her son quick.
    "Once Upon a Time": 4.2 rating. Status: Since its the highest-rated new drama of the season, we expect ABC to say yes to more fantasy.
    "Pan Am": 2.3 rating, 6.9 million. Status: Not technically cancelled but don't expect Pan Am to make a return trip.
    "Private Practice": 3.3 rating. Status: On the bubble for the first time, but our gut says it will stick around.
    "Revenge": 3.0 rating. Status: Strange that ABC hasn't already rewarded this critical fave with a renewal. It would have hell to pay if it didn't bring the Graysons back for more beachside fun.
    "Suburgatory": 2.8 rating. Status: Has been a pretty stable performer. Yes?
    "The Bachelor": 2.9 rating. Status: Nothing official, but its all but a fait accompli.
    "The Middle": 2.8 rating. Status: A self-starter. ABC will give the family another go.
    "The River": 2.3 rating. Status: Sure didn't attract "Paranormal Activity"-like audiences (The supernatural thriller is from the maker of the colossally successful movie trilogy). Dead in the water.
    "Work It": DEAD

NBC
    "30 Rock": 2.2 rating. Status: We're hearing a seventh and final season is likely for the critical darling.
    "Are You There, Chelsea?": 1.9 rating. Status: We suspect nobody at NBC is drunk enough to renew this show.
    "Awake": 2.1 rating. Status: Stronger than "The Firm" and "Prime Suspect," but that's not saying much. Jury's still out.
    "Bent": .9 rating. Status: Four episodes have aired, two are left. We suspect those will be its last.
    "Chuck": 1.3 rating. Status: So long!
    "Community": 1.9 rating. Status: Critics and die-hard fans love it, but delivers a cable-sized audience. We expect a renewal anyway.
    "Grimm": 2.2 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Fashion Star": 1.6 rating. Status: Feels like a Bravo-sized show like "Project Runway."
    "Fear Factor": 2.8 rating. Status: What, you don't want to see if someone may still drink donkey semen on national TV?
    "Free Agents": 1.5, 3.8 million
    "Harry's Law": 1.4 rating. Status: We don't see how NBC can afford to bring this back, and it wouldn't fit with "Grimm" on Fridays.
    "Law & Order: SVU": 2.3 rating. Status: A modestly solid crime drama that NBC can't afford to lose right now.
    "Parenthood": 2.6 rating. Status: The congenial underdog. Feels likely to return, but really depends on how many new dramas NBC orders.
    "Parks & Recreation": 2.2 rating. Status: Such a phenomenally funny show. It deserves another season and will probably get it.
    "Playboy Club": 1.5, 4.9 million.
    "Prime Suspect": 1.7, 6.1 million
    "The Apprentice": 2.4 rating. Status: Celebrity versions do fine; we think another one will come down the pipeline.
    "The Firm": 1.2 rating. Status: Never should have been made into a series.
    "The Biggest Loser": 2.5 rating. Status: Feels tired, but it's a solid player and relatively cheap to keep in the hopper.
    "The Office": 3.5 rating. Status: It's NBC's highest-rated scripted show. So, yes -- even with actors exiting and the showrunner stepping down.
    "Rock Center With Brian Williams": 1.1 rating, 4.5 million. Status: Stick with your day job, Brian.
    "The Sing-Off": 1.8 rating. Status: Better suited for summer. Seems unlikely it will show up next fall.
    "Smash": 3.4 rating. Status: RENEWED
    "The Voice": 7.4 rating. Status: Though nothing is official, negotiations are well underway over a third season and deciding which judges will make a triumphant return.
    "Up All Night": 2.4 rating. Status: Of all of the new NBC comedies, we think this one is most likely to return next season.
    "Whitney": 2.2 rating. Status: Nosedived after being moved to Wednesdays. Girl, you're done.

CW
    "Secret Circle": 1.0 rating. Status: It fits nice with The Vampire Diaries ... aside from losing a big bite of it's audience. Probably returning, though might move to Friday.
    "Gossip Girl": .8 rating. Status: Not doing well, but this show is CW royalty. We predict a final season order.
    "90210": .9 rating. Status: Seems like a sure thing.
    "One Tree Hill": .9 rating. Status: Say goodbye to the kids!
    "Ringer": 0.8 rating, 1.8 million. Status: Not twinning. Sarah Michelle Gellar's drama will likely get slayed.
    "Supernatural": .9 rating. Status: We think fans will be pleased.
    "The Vampire Diaries": 1.3 rating. Status: CW's buzziest show and highest-rated series? Hell yes.
    "Hart of Dixie": 0.8 rating, 1.9 million. Status: Feels more on-brand, and more likely to survive, than "Ringer."
    "America's Top Model": Status: RENEWED.
    "Nikita": 0.6 rating. Status: James say no, Lynette is thinking yes.

CBS
    "A Gifted Man": 1.4 rating. Status: So long, Patrick Wilson: We only hope there's time for you to book another show for fall.
    "CSI: NY": 2.0 rating, and CSI: Miami: 2.5 rating. Status: We predict Gary Sinise and company says goodbye this spring, followed by David Caruso next year. CSI the mother ship was just renewed for another season, thanks to a great performance by newbie Elisabeth Shue.
    "Criminal Minds": 3.9 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Hawaii 5-0": 3.5 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "How I Met Your Mother": 4.4 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "How to be a Gentleman": DEAD.
    "Mike & Molly": 4.0 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "NCIS": 4.2 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "NCIS: LA": 3.7 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Person of Interest": 3.3 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Rob": 3.7 rating: Status: Did pretty well, but CBS expects big numbers from a show with a "Big Bang" lead-in. Might go down to the wire.
    "Rules of Engagement": 3.4 rating. Status: Still in flux. CBS likes this show to patch a hole when new comedies drop out.
    "Survivor": 3.4 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "The Amazing Race": 3.3 rating. Status: RENEWED
    "The Big Bang Theory": 5.7 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "The Good Wife": 2.5 rating. Status: RENEWED. Yey!
    "The Mentalist": 3.2 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "2 Broke Girls": 4.7 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Two and A Half Men": 5.6 rating. Status: The future of the aging comedy is uncertain, because CBS doesn't have a new deal with Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer. So we still don't know for sure whether Kutcher will return. (But he'd be a fool not to, right?)
    "Undercover Boss": 2.7 rating. Status: RENEWED.
    "Unforgettable": 2.6 rating. Status: The Poppy Montgomery drama performs fairly well without anybody saying a word about it, which makes us think it's got a decent shot.

Ugh...I can't believe Glee and some of that other crap is still on...
    sigpic

Comment

Shows that are in danger that I want renewed: Fringe, Bob's Burgers. I think that's it.

To those of you not watching Fringe, why aren't you doing it? It's the in thing right now.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
        Shows that are in danger that I want renewed: Fringe, Bob's Burgers. I think that's it.

To those of you not watching Fringe, why aren't you doing it? It's the in thing right now.
        You couldn't tell that by it's ratings.

I'm not watching too much network tv these days. The Good Wife got renewed so that makes me happy. I'd like to have A Gifted Man renewed but I think the chances of that are 5%. There are several shows I watch There are several other shows I watch but would't be upset if they didn't. I'd like Castle to return if they promise to return to the quality of the previous years.

But it doesn't really matter anymore as Cardinal Baseball has my attention until November.
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          A Gifted Man renewed but I think the chances of that are 5%.
          I see someone likes that show. I tried to get into it, couldn't; I thought of the series as forgettable fare that was easily beaten by Chuck. If only they used the mechanic of a dead doctor seeing a dead wife better... I mean that was what the show had going for it right? (Maybe Saving Hope will do better in regards to the whole seeing dead people thing.)
          Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
            I see someone likes that show. I tried to get into it, couldn't; I thought of the series as forgettable fare that was easily beaten by Chuck. If only they used the mechanic of a dead doctor seeing a dead wife better... I mean that was what the show had going for it right? (Maybe Saving Hope will do better in regards to the whole seeing dead people thing.)
            I guess it's all a matter of taste. I tried but could never get into Chuck - to over the top, at least the early seasons.

A Gifted Man, was basically a medical show and could have been easily done without the dead ex-wife. She was used more as a manifestation of his conscious and a way to get out his what he was thinking without having a voice over. I didn't see the 1st few episodes so those could have lost everybody. I was missing a good hospital show and this filled a void. (No I don't care for Grey's Anatomy - to uggh, House - too annoying)
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I'm a little puzzled why they bothered to include Chuck in that. It was announced when they got their Season 5 renewal that it was going to be their last year. A sixth season was never even on the table, nor even considered by either network or showrunners.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I'm a little puzzled why they bothered to include Chuck in that. It was announced when they got their Season 5 renewal that it was going to be their last year. A sixth season was never even on the table, nor even considered by either network or showrunners.
                Maybe there fans like us and just wanted to say goodbye
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

How did they get a 3.4 rating for Alcatraz. The premier only opened with a 3.3 and it slid down into the ones with the last few eps.

Nikita is the only bubble show on that list I watch and care to see renewed. S1 was great. S2 has been so-so storywise. Hoping for a better story if it gets renewed. (Though I'm trying to catch up with Fringe on dvd so hopefully it can get a final season to wrap up whatever they got going.)
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                  X