This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
    I'm not sure I would have been comfortable bringing children into a life of constant labour and poor health care
    How do you think people had children prior to the 20th century?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      How do you think people had children prior to the 20th century?
      by having unprotected sex

Comment

I'm not sure I would have been comfortable bringing children into a life of constant labour and poor health care
        i'm glad you didn't live in the industrial age. if everyone thought like that, humanity would've gone extinct over 100 000 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          i'm glad you didn't live in the industrial age. if everyone thought like that, humanity would've gone extinct over 100 000 years ago
          the industrial age wasn't 100,000 years ago
          I said not "sure", not "wouldn't"

Comment

by having unprotected sex
            There was no concept of "unprotected sex" prior to the 20th century.

Comment

the industrial age wasn't 100,000 years ago
              I said not "sure", not "wouldn't"

it wasn't ? *shock*

Comment

Each generation can make things a little easier for the next.
                If you want your population to have a better chance of survival without medical care then you kind of have to have kids with a small sized population.

When the population is approaching ten billion and you don't know whether the planet can provide enough food and other necessities then it could be considered selfish to have children IMO, but just because life may be a little hard for your offspring it doesn't mean it'll be a horrible existence, it could be more fulfilling for the people of Novus.

To give my answer I'd have kids if someone wanted to have kids with me on Novus and I'd provide my seed if it was necessary for the survival of our population, hopefully it wouldn't have to be with someone I don't like though, sure I could have found a lady or two who I'd be happy to have children with amongst Destiny's crew.

Comment

slimjim,

kinda selfish
                  No, it's practical. I doubt there will be any government services around to care for the elderly, particularly if the people stranded there don't reproduce. Having kids is pretty normal in that sort of cirucumstance, it would be essential to long term survival. That's not selfish any more than having kids in our day and age is selfish.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                    No, it's practical. I doubt there will be any government services around to care for the elderly, particularly if the people stranded there don't reproduce. Having kids is pretty normal in that sort of cirucumstance, it would be essential to long term survival. That's not selfish any more than having kids in our day and age is selfish.
                    It is practical, and what families do. The young learn so much from the old, our modern style of families are missing out on a lot of wisdom by separating the generations. I and my parents have been blessed to have our elders as part of our lives, to live together. The hospice is still there when conditions dictate. I won't trade the time with my grandparents for anything.
                    Having kids would be essential for survival, "safety in numbers" and all. Also, instinct would overcome in the end, nature wants us to procreate, and it would happen.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      i wouldn't use that in real life
                      I knew someone who used almost a similar line.. to bad for him all 3 times he did it, he got his nads kicked... (and was it painful to watch!)

As for me.. depends if i actually hooked up or not.. We know Wray and Brody didn't.. perhaps neither of them 2 hooked up with anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X